Anyone have the AEM vs. AFE vs. K&N test report?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air filter independent test. Apparently AEM used to have a report online from an independent lab test pitting their AEM dry air filter vs. AFE's dry air filter vs. K&N's oiled air filter in reference to flow and filtration. The link no longer works:

http://aempower.com/files/swri_dff_test_data_10-7.pdf

Anyone know where a copy of the PDF file can be downloaded?

Looking for a high quality re-usable dry air filter for my Subaru. Leaning heavily toward the AFE Pro Dry but wanted to see how it compared to the AEM filter. AMSoil doesn't make an eA air filter to fit my Subaru.

The OE filter is $24.95 (!) from the dealer... I have a $15 Wix in there now and not too impressed with the Wix's apparent build quality, kind of flimsy. Not what I would expect from Wix. The Forester's intake is a nice setup for cold air, it sources air at the front grille and channels it directly into the air cleaner box directly onto the filter. Hence the filter takes a bit of an air blast during operation at highway speeds, which seems to suggest a need for a robust media with strong pleats. Ton of reviews of the AFE Pro Dry on AutoAnything.com and almost all are commenting on the excellent build quality of the AFE.

P.S. This link is dead, too: http://thetruthaboutfilters.com/

just a heads up..i ordered a pro dry s a while back and the fitment was terrible for my car. i had to return it and buy something else. seemed like a decently constructed filter if it had fit though

My AFE Pro Dry DOES fit very well in the stock, lower air box, and I can vouch for it's superb contruction.

Not only is it NOT flimsy, but it is the most stout filter/rubber frame I have ever used, and I've tried most of them!!

I have NO idea as to the flow differences between it and the AEM as that company does not make one for my car (domestic V-8 and all I guess?
wink.gif
).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back