Delo 400 LE 5w40 Synthetic CJ-4/SM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delo_400_LE_VOA.jpg

Boron is a combination detergent/extreme pressure anti wear additive. I like the regular delo 15w40 better. More moly and more boron. You get like 400ppm boron and 100ppm moly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff looks OK ... but as pointed out, previous versions of Delo oils have higher concentrations of moly and boron (and maybe calcium, too).

The change seems to have come when they switched from their "Low Wear" formula to "LE" (Low Emissions). Obviously, the concern is that the metallic additives would clog/foul catayltic converters over time so their amounts were reduced.

I am working on getting a case of Delo 0W-30 for winter duty here. I'm giving most to a friend ... keeping a couple quarts for myself for snowblower duty.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Bror Jace
I am working on getting a case of Delo 0W-30 for winter duty here. I'm giving most to a friend ... keeping a couple quarts for myself for snowblower duty.
laugh.gif

I tried getting Delo 0w-30 prior to settling on Delo 5w40. My local Chevron distributor said the 0w-30 is only available in 5 gallon or 55 gallon drums. If you're able to get a case of quart bottles, post pics!

Looking at the VOA someone posted of Rotella T6, the Delo 5w40 indeed looks on par with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back