sold my GM Card earnings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I will never EVER buy a GM product, I decided to look into selling my earnings along with the bonus earnings that were valid until 7/5/2011. I managed to do so with the help of Craigers (craigslist) and sold $1321 in earnings for $750 cash. Simple process and a good deal for the owner of the new GMC Sierra who saved $2321.00 with the $1000 bonus earnings applied.

Whoa! I need to look into that! I got a GM card years ago because I just needed a card, but like you I could never bring myself to want/need a new GM vehicle.

Whoa! +2. I also need to look into that ( I have $2850 in rebate.) What is the process to do that?

I have nearly $2000 in GM Card earnings. I checked their site, but don't see any mention of how a transfer can be made, checking the FAQ section. How did you do this?

While I'm in the same mindset as you about buying a new GM product ever so I don't have (nor would) have a GM card VERY impressive that you were able to cash out on the rebates!

01.gif

You can transfer points to an immediate family member by making a call to the GM card people...if you want to transfer points to a non immediate family member the only way to do it under the agreement is to add that other person as an "authorized user" on your card account.

WHOA!!!!!!!!

I got A LOT (6k!!) of earnings I'll never use..........

Anybody want some?? PM me.......

banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
You can transfer points to an immediate family member by making a call to the GM card people...if you want to transfer points to a non immediate family member the only way to do it under the agreement is to add that other person as an "authorized user" on your card account.
Yessir. That is correct. All the selling dealer needs is the cardholder's address and the last 4 digits of the card. Once the earnings are transferred the buyer of the points is removed from the card. Done deal.

wow, I got 3k in GM card points and they offer me 1k in bonus earnings all the time. might be interested in it, if someone I knew needed a car and liked GM.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Interesting....
I got a middle man buyer who can locate a buyer for you in MI. He is in Holland but will travel within the state. If interested PM me for his contact info.

Just sold 1250 points for $500 cash. I had only earned 250 but they mailed me a promotion to add 1000 bonus from now until 7/5/12. The guy I sold 'em to bought a '12 vette. I am gonna use the $$$ for the wife and my 1st wedding anniversary vacation over memorial weekend. Yessir!

dwcopple,

thanks for the update bump. might be interesting to point out that Capital One has bought the GM Card effective May 1st. so, unless you want them to know what's "in your wallet" I might be dumpin my gm card earnings sooner rather than later. see what's on their FAQ page about the capital one takeover

https://www.gmcard.com/core/faq

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back