Delo 15w40 vs Rotella 15w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted some feed back with out starting a heated debate over Delo 15w40 vs Rotella 15w40. I have a 2002 F350 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel. In the past I have used Rotella 15w40 with no complaints but started using Delo 15w40 about a year ago mainly because Costco has a decent sale 6-1 gallon jugs per case for $51.00. I purchased several cases feeling comfortable with choosing Delo. Does either oil out perform the other
21.gif

Never really compared UOA's between the 2, but i've only used HDEO's in Gasoline engines anyway.

Can't see where you could go wrong with either one though. Both are quite popular here on BITOG and haven't heard anything bad about either.

What little performance differnce may or may not exist pales in comparison to the price difference when you find one of them on sale. Of the big three (Delo, Delvac, Rotella) I would not hesitate to purchase and use whatever was the least expensive at the time of the OCI.

Last edited:
I grabbed delvac 1300@ 4gal/28$ at o'reillys.. if you are going to stock up keep checking our promotions section.. it will save you a few bucks.

there was also a rebate at the time.. but I havent gotten that yet.

I'd have to agree there is minimal differences between all 3.

If they were all exactly the same price I'd probably go
Delo-- rotella--delvac but thats just me.. not basis in fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back