Ugh! Supercharger Oil Smells....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
BAD!! Holy cow I don't know what is in that stuff, but it made me want to roll around in used Anti-freeze and Gear oil just to get the sent off me.

LMAO kinda like how a dog rolls around in other animals poo!
did you do the Castrol Dex VI just wondering if you noticed a diffrence

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
BAD!! Holy cow I don't know what is in that stuff, but it made me want to roll around in used Anti-freeze and Gear oil just to get the sent off me.

What does it smell like.

Originally Posted By: crazycrak

I did do the Dex VI with the ZZP shift kit. It is very nice now! What a difference.

As far as the supercharger oil goes...I can't put into words what it smells like but 8 oz. was enough to make the garage smell worse then a fresh pile of cow poop.

That stuff sure is vile.

Right now I'm running BP Turbo Oil 274 in mine (British jet engine oil with the roughly the same specs as the GM stuff).

Interestingly, the BPTO274 is nearly odorless out of the can, but smells just as awful coming out of the car.

Even the new oil smells, not quite as bad as used oil though.

After the intial change though the oil has remained clear and does not smell as bad as the OEM oil I extracted

The plant I worked in had hone oil that was animal fat based phew,they put in a de-scenter and it completely disappeared,sorry dont remember the product just that a couple of gallons treated 10,000.

The official Mercedes power steering fluid I put into my C230 smelled like stale garlic pretzels dissolved in male cat spray. Like that?

("Why, no, I'm not interested in breakfast any more. Why do you ask?")

When I changed my coupler I sucked the fluid out and was expected it to really stink based on all the comments I've heard over the years. The fluid had 150k on it and didn't look too bad.

After I buttoned everything up and refilled the supercharger, I placed the old, wiped clean, coupler on my work bench. When my wife came home, she made a funny face and asked what was that smell.

I did do the Dex VI with the ZZP shift kit. It is very nice now! What a difference.

As far as the supercharger oil goes...I can't put into words what it smells like but 8 oz. was enough to make the garage smell worse then a fresh pile of cow poop.

Does it smell like Limited Slip Friction Modifier? That stuff smells disgusting even in a sealed case.

Originally Posted By: silverrat

Does it smell like Limited Slip Friction Modifier? That stuff smells disgusting even in a sealed case.

I have a friend who had a case of that stuff in his garage. It wafted into his room above the garage.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
The official Mercedes power steering fluid I put into my C230 smelled like stale garlic pretzels dissolved in male cat spray. Like that?

That description fits exactly the smell of some Mobil 1 ATF that I have.

I transferred the contents to another bottle (fits my ATF pour spout) and put in my recycling bin. The next thing I saw was the neighbor's cat and my two semi-feral yard cats sniffing the recycling bin. They were probably investigating to see if there's a new cat in the neighborhood.

No, it's a little different. It's a little like a mix of vomit, rotten goatmilk cheese, and the fermented dirty laundry from a hockey team. There's probably a butyric acid derivative in it.

Much worse!! I use that stuff in my 9 inch, it smells like roses compared to this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back