Last thing you ate before having a heart attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask this because before I had a heart attack, I ate very unhealthy, mostly American fast food. After the heart attack(2 years ago), I turned into a non-junky type Vegetarian(the ones who know healthy and unhealthy Veggies foods, for example: Potato Chips vs potatoes cooked in EV olive oil and garlic.) It's been 2 years and I lost 20 pounds and I feel a lot better. Doc said that I'm so much better than before.

Anyway, my "last" meal was: 2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries.

Rarely do I go out to eat anymore and it makes me cringe when parents brings their kids to eat that [censored].

i eat it that junk food from tome to time to. around 2-3 times a week but mostly its just a mcchiken w. no mayo or mcdouble.

i rarely eat the meals.

but i work out and eat healthy most of the time...

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Absolutely blows my mind how anyone could ever eat the [censored] McDonalds calls 'food'.

I'm with you, Turbo. I tried to watch "Supersize Me" and it just made me nauseous.

Well, keep in mind everyone who goes into McDonalds doesn't eat

"2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries"

So before you judge others, keep in mind some of us can be satisfied with just one value meal, and perhaps not even eat all the fries [gasp].

Originally Posted By: Popinski
I ask this because before I had a heart attack, I ate very unhealthy, mostly American fast food. After the heart attack(2 years ago), I turned into a non-junky type Vegetarian(the ones who know healthy and unhealthy Veggies foods, for example: Potato Chips vs potatoes cooked in EV olive oil and garlic.) It's been 2 years and I lost 20 pounds and I feel a lot better. Doc said that I'm so much better than before.

Rarely do I go out to eat anymore and it makes me cringe when parents brings their kids to eat that [censored].
I haven't had one myself but I have a ton of family members that have had heart attacks, bypass, surgery etc. They all ate terribly before. Now they eat very well, only drink Green Tea instead of Coffee and take Co-Q10 natural supplements and have never felt better. Their Cholesterol is in check, blood pressure is good and they look/feel well.

Steve

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Absolutely blows my mind how anyone could ever eat the [censored] McDonalds calls 'food'.
It's Salt, Fat & Carbs that propels the fast food industry. The brain likes these things and it's like automatic marketing.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
Well, keep in mind everyone who goes into McDonalds doesn't eat

"2 Big Macs, Coke, chicken nuggets and some fries"

So before you judge others, keep in mind some of us can be satisfied with just one value meal, and perhaps not even eat all the fries [gasp].

I don't think he ever mentioned the quantity? Just the fact that its what McDonalds calls food. I don't think it matters if its one burger or the entire menu its still garbage and its hard to tell any of that is the same stuff you would buy at the supermarket yourself. I have never seen meat cooked that looked like theirs.

I was pretty serious about my question....

"What was the last thing you ate before you had a Heart Attack?"

Here, I'll post my friend's answer: He ate a Pizza the night before, when he woke up, he felt extremely numb and weak. Doc said he had a mild heart attack pre-symptoms. Thank God he didn't die in his sleep.

Last edited:
When my friend had his heart attack, the meal prior to it was 2 racks of baby back ribs. The physcian that took care of him said his blood sample looked as if it had chicken fat in it. He hasn't eaten ribs since....

Hmm can't remember all of it. I know I was at my SIL/BIL house eating asian food. I think it was some fresh steamed fish with sticky rice and few egg rolls. I really haven't changed my habits but then again my habits weren't bad to begin with. Eat out once a month if that not alot of processed foods. Funny I didn't have a problems still I started eating healthier last December. Just goes to show you you can't out run your gene's.

Edit: Nevermind I remember now. I had that meal above around noon. It was Church's chicken I had that night. Throwing up 2 pieces of chicken that's been your stomach undigested for a entire day... yuck absoultely nasty.

Last edited:
Sorry you had a HA but good that you changed your diet.

For many people, it's not meat that needs to be avoided, it's just fast food in general, lack of exercise, and other poor lifestyle habits.

Personally I eat grass fed beef most every day, free range eggs (2 or 3 daily) high quality butter (daily) coconut oil (loaded with saturated fats - daily), organic poultry, and a lot of vegetables, fruit, and whole grains. I exercise 3-4x a week, and I love to expose my body to sunshine with NO sunblock.

Hopefully, I'll never find out ;-)

I'm not a "health nut," but I've really been working on eating smaller portions and a better balance over the past few years. Eating meat isn't the problem, eating 1/2 pound of fatty cheap ground hambburger meat at a sitting with greasy fries as a chaser is the problem. I'll *NEVER* give up an occasional big dose of brisket or sausage, but I won't go a meal without healthy vegetables anymore either. Last cholesterol test had it at ~130 with a good hdl/ldl balance.

Green tea really messes up my stomach- just can't take it very often. Article in today's paper pointed out that coffee, in moderation, is showing pretty much all the same antioxidant benefits as tea, though, so I'm good ;-)

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

shocked2.gif

Dude, that would put me in a coma, and my heart is good!!

I eat meat. Not much wrong with that. I'm an omnivore and I gain weight on carbs, even if they are real grains, etc. Green, yellow, red veggies and some lean mean and a little whole grains. Made from fresh good ingredients....not prepared trash.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Hopefully, I'll never find out ;-)

I'm not a "health nut," but I've really been working on eating smaller portions and a better balance over the past few years. Eating meat isn't the problem, eating 1/2 pound of fatty cheap ground hambburger meat at a sitting with greasy fries as a chaser is the problem. I'll *NEVER* give up an occasional big dose of brisket or sausage, but I won't go a meal without healthy vegetables anymore either. Last cholesterol test had it at ~130 with a good hdl/ldl balance.

Green tea really messes up my stomach- just can't take it very often. Article in today's paper pointed out that coffee, in moderation, is showing pretty much all the same antioxidant benefits as tea, though, so I'm good ;-)

i am a health nut

you'd be surprised how much eating grains affects your cholesterol levels

i eat meat, especially BBQ, like a man possessed

but i cut out grains and dairy, and i'm healthy as a horse

i eat lots of animal protein and animal fat, but i don't eat it between bread, or sop up sauce with bread or eat any cheese

animals, green vegetable and fruits
thumbsup2.gif

... no cholesterol issues, no triglyceride issues, no arterial plaque ... it's all good

Originally Posted By: Pablo

shocked2.gif

Dude, that would put me in a coma, and my heart is good!!

I eat meat. Not much wrong with that. I'm an omnivore and I gain weight on carbs, even if they are real grains, etc. Green, yellow, red veggies and some lean mean and a little whole grains. Made from fresh good ingredients....not prepared trash.

That's nothing... When McDonalds had their $0.58 Cheeseburger special a while back, my cousin and I ordered 30 just for fun with 2 large fries and 2 large cokes. We sat in the parking lots and divided the food up between us and ate until it was all gone.

I never felt so sick in my entire life and didn't go near a McDonalds for a long time after that.

I'm still here 10 years later!
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I'll be over for dinner.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back