Best Oil for JD tractors???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 John Deere Tractors, 4020, 44-40, 44-50 what oil would you guy reccomend for them? all of them are around the 5000hr mark.
Ed

y2k, how about some picture's of those tractor's? especially the 4020! your dealer should have 15W-50 in stock. shell rotella 15W-40 would be a good choice, or mobil delvac 1 (my personal favorite) you should be able to run the same oil in all three of your deere's. btw, is your 4020 a powerhift?

Originally Posted By: HM12460
y2k, how about some picture's of those tractor's? especially the 4020! your dealer should have 15W-50 in stock. shell rotella 15W-40 would be a good choice, or mobil delvac 1 (my personal favorite) you should be able to run the same oil in all three of your deere's. btw, is your 4020 a powerhift?

Yep, she is a power shift with 24 volt starter system. I put an old metal implement seat from a binder on it, as the factor seats are way too much and surprisingly it is the most comfortable seat on the farm. I have fun telling people that is the original seat.It is a 1965 I think, my father bought it new.

Went to local UFA today they now carry a full line of Shell products which makes me happy. Don`t like our local Coop

Anyone who would put an Inferior national seat on a 4020 doesn’t deserve the 4020! Go buy an aftermarket seat cushion and replace the rollers etc in the seat that’s supposed to be on it and I guarantee a better ride than with an old *ss slapper seat.

An early 4020 diesel is worth around 10K plus or minus installing a Farmall seat degrades the machine, and is demeaning to it.

Originally Posted By: CJWink
Anyone who would put an Inferior national seat on a 4020 doesn’t deserve the 4020! Go buy an aftermarket seat cushion and replace the rollers etc in the seat that’s supposed to be on it and I guarantee a better ride than with an old *ss slapper seat.

An early 4020 diesel is worth around 10K plus or minus installing a Farmall seat degrades the machine, and is demeaning to it.

Don`t knot it till you try it, I run a farm/ranch not a museum

The J-D line of lubes is top quality...
thumbsup2.gif

I'm a little late to this thread, but that Deere 15W40 +50 would have been my recommendation. Kinda expensive, but good stuff. Though IMO, just about any CI-4 or CJ-4 rated oil should do fine.

I gotta agree that a 4020 seat is just too [censored] complicated for the application. I worked at a Deere dealership for a few years, but I'm no purist. The binder seat sounds like a great idea to me.

Now if you put that seat into a SoundGard cab- that would be obscene. But an open-station 4020... no harm/no foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back