Sort of hidden $60 rebate from Michelin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rszappa1
If you need a set of four...why are you getting two rebates? I was told that they are for a set of four and cannot be doubled....

Maybe you can use the offer on more than one set?
21.gif

The rebate expires 10/31/09. I bought the Exaltos today at BJ's Club for which I will use one of the rebates. I will also need snow tires this year so got the second rebate in case I buy Michelin snows. Not sure about this though cause I absolutely love Firestone Blizzaks so I may not even use the second rebate. But at least I'll have it case I need it.

As others have mentioned, I too had a store coupon for these Exaltos I just bought....BJ's for $70.00. Thus my total mounted with fees, tax and everything was $510.20 = $127.55 per tire. If Michelin does also honor the rebate and send me the $60.00, that will bring it down to $112.55 per tire. Either way not bad considering the absolute best deal I could find not including tax was $138.50 per tire.

I was in heaven driving home today taking those sharp corners and hugging the road. What a change from the worn out Proxies I've been driving on.

I read in a Slickdeal's thread that the Friends and Family rebate doesn't apply to wholesale clubs. Hope they aren't too picky and give you the rebate.

Hi All-

Just got my rebate card and thought that I would post what it says on the version that I received:

1. It allows for "your original tire purchase receipt (or legible copy)". I've seen some posts on various sites where customers have been rejected cause they didn't send in the original receipt so maybe they had to let up on that stipulation.

2. As far as the wholesale clubs, the only sentence on here that is vague enough so that they might reject my BJ's receipt is as follows: ".....nor can is be used in conjunction with... (then lists a bunch of employee programs).....or any other Michelin Program." The reason this might be an problem for me is because I had a $70 discount with a BJ's coupon. But on the BJ's tire receipt, it's listed as a "vendor coupn". It will be interesting to see how Michelin responds.

What is interesting about this is that the form does says "As a friend or family member of a Michelin employee...." I told the person at Michelin on the phone that I do not know an employee. You would think that she would have rejected me on the spot.

Will keep you posted if and when I hear something.

I've bought two sets of Michelin's with the certificate.
Recieved the first rebate check in about 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly.I sent the original reciept.Made a copy for myself.
Tire Rack has it in my acct online anyway.
The second certificate was mailed about 2 weeks ago.

Did you use one cert for both or two??

Separate certificates.

Hi All-

Called Michelin today regarding the rebate rejection postcard I rec'd from them. This Friends and Family Rebate was denied due to "combining discounts/offers is not allowed".

Sure enough, the $70.00 coupon from BJ's was not a BJ's coupon, it was a vendor supported copupon. In other words, BJ's sumbits for reimbursement from Michelin.

She said that the same thing is going on with Costco customers who are submitting for the F&F rebate above and beyond the Costco vendor supported coupon.

Oh well, am happy anyway cause I got a decent deal and LOVE my new Exaltos.

Originally Posted By: Colt
Got my second rebate yesterday.

That's great, I mailed my second rebate right after I received the first one. It's good to know these second rebates are coming through.

About how long did it take for the rebate to come?????
About 4 weeks.

Originally Posted By: Colt
About how long did it take for the rebate to come?????
About 4 weeks.

X2, about 4 weeks.

Got our 2nd rebate of $60.00 in a check today! That's two rebates on our Michelin Exalto's. Initial price for four tires mounted and balanced with lifetime road hazard was $568.00. After the two rebates of $70.00 & $60.00 that puts the final price at $438.00 for the four Exalto's that have more then met our expectations.

I just called today and Michelin very nicely directed me to the website to download the form! A very simple procedue. You cannot make copies of the form though. If you need more than one as I did you need to download each time for each one because each form has a Consumer ID # that automatically prints out for each download. They limit the rebate to three per household. He did not ask me any questions. Here's the website. Enjoy compliments of Michelin! http://friendsforsavings.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back