Dyna-Maxx E.P. Lube Concentrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever heard of, or used, Tribo Logic Lubricants' Dyna-Maxx E.P. Lube Concentrate. I have a few friends who swear by the stuff but, as usual, I'm quite leary of additives. Not to mention that the stuff is rediculously expensive. I had the local oil lab run a NOA on it. Here are the results:

Copper - 0
Iron - 2
Chrome - 0
Aluminum - 1
Silicon - 1
Lead - 0
Sodium - 2
Tin - 0
Nickel - 0
Barium - 0
Silver - 1
Zinc - 28
Boron - 0
Calcium - 920
Phosphorus - 620
Magnesium - 669
Potassium - 1
Molybendum - 0
Titanium - 0
Vanadium - 0

Particle Counts(per Milliliter)
5u - 16470
10u - 4584
15u - 1758
20u - 811
25u - 421
50u - 41
75u - 0
100u - 3

ISO - 21/18

I hate to revive an old post such as this, but does anyone have any more feedback on this stuff? I just read the additive report on the BITOG home page & it got me thinking about this stuff again.

Thanks,
Rob

Makes me think one could just package motor oil in smaller bottles for twice the price and label it as an additive, which is apparently what these folks have done. But how they call it a concentrate?

The only hope for this stuff is that it is full of esters, but their has been no indication here that it does so I'd forget it. Even then, it's going to dilute the typical additives, not boost them. Specialty Formulation's SX-UP additive would be the one I'd go for if I wanted an EP additive boost...plus it does have esters in it!

I know this is a old thread but a friend keeps telling me how great this stuff is. I THINK he said its $85.00 a gallon and you need 1 ounce per quart of oil. He has it in all kinds of stuff, motor-tranny-ps-rear end ect. The posts above suggest its snake oil but these test do not look for everything IIRC? Does anyone have some more facts and or comments about this additive?

Quote:
I know this is a old thread but a friend keeps telling me how great this stuff is.

Great for what, at 21.50/qt it's a wallet rip-off.

He has been telling me about this stuff for years and I have been trying to convince him all these super-oil things are hogwash. He did say they used the bearing demo machine to show how slick this stuff is and that's what sold him on it.

I will try to get some more info from him on this product.

At first I thought this was a Renewable Lubricant Inc product. He told me it was made near where we live here in Ohio. I find RLI is made right up the road in Hartville, OH so I figured it had to be made by them but this does not seem to be the same company even though they are in the same little town. ( I think)

Thanks for the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back