Ford spec WSS-M1C267-A1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there any grease that meets this Ford spec other than Motorcraft XG-11? http://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.co...ategory=Greases

I'm getting ready to do some front end work on my Dad's '02 4x4 Super Duty and can't seem to find a grease that meets the spec.

I can't find a dealer who is willing to order this grease, much less has any in stock. And to top it off it's $24 a tube anyway.

Looking for cheaper and more available alternatives...

Last edited:
Looks to be a good high temp lithium complex grease according to the MSDS. I would think something like Amsoil Series 2000 or Mobil 1 grease would work quite well in this application.

Last edited:
Napa sells Valvoline grease that is specifically for Fords. I don't know if it meets that particular spec, but it clearly states on the tube "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury" vehicles in big letters.

Johnny, Amsoil's HD #2 grease looks like it would be comparable but it has a much lower dropping point. I'm sure I've overlooked it, but I can't find moly-fortified lithium complex grease that matches this stuff on temp ratings.

exragner06, Valvoline's FLM grease won't cut it.

I've discovered Exxon-Mobil makes about a billion different greases, so if the Infinitec (which seems to suit the application?) is not quite in-line with the Motorcraft grease, I'm sure they make one that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back