My Auto-RX success story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Auto-RX full dose to clean out my 1999 Cadillac Seville STS 4.6L V8 55K miles and the wifes 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L V6 65K miles.

With both vehicles, fitted a new K&N and changed it out around 750 to 1000 miles. The K&N's had some dirt inside, not enough to overload the filter but still a good amount. Figured the Auto-RX is doing something so let's leave it in. Installed new K&N's for the next 1000 miles. The Dodge K&N is now really clean - nothing at all in there. Nothing! The Cadillac will be getting a new filter in the next week or so and I will wager that its K&N will be super clean.

My conclusion? Both engines were fairly clean to start with. They have been run on M1 or Amsoil full synthetic. The initial Auto-RX miles found some dirt and got it to the filter. Now the engine is so clean the full flow filter is not trapping any new dirt.

This is great news, because I wanted to get the dirt out before installing the Trasko spin on bypass filter.

Anyway, Auto-RX worked for me. Neither of my cars are "sludge monsters" but I feel better having got the dirt out before fitting the Trasko.

The remaining issue is high oil consumption in the Cadillac. After the next oil change I will do an oil consumption check and see if it has improved over 1 qt. / 1000 miles.

Keith.

Thanks Keith for your buying Auto-Rx and the fair and balanced presentation along with great photos, lately we have new users who either can;t read or think application instructions for Auto-Rx are open for interpitation , then we went through self appointed gurus who never used Auto-Rx however that did not stop them from posting there "expert opinions" new visitors deserve better than a campain of planned misrepresentation of good products. The following is new revised application format.
If you dial up www.auto-rx.com and click on "Application Link" you will see we are now standardizing on 750 miles, be it synthetic or dino in order to not cause confusion. Synthetic base oil is not why 750 miles, rather it's the complex additive package oil packagers put in this synthetic base stock. It takes Auto-Rx chemistry 750 miles to start cleaning metal where synthetic oil is being used. Sludge is another problem; we have seen no benefit in using synthetic oil for sludge removal and so we recommend dino oil when starting the cleansing process in sludged up engines. Complex additive packages in synthetic oil add to the sludge problem, therefore the dino oil is recommended for cleansing after which customer can use any oil of his choice

I fully support Auto-RX and Frank also. As far as Frank is concerned, I have very rarely ever dealt with a nicer person. Two of the nicest people I have ever bought stuff from are Tim Mills (who sells Schaeffer's Oil products) and Frank of Auto-RX.

Auto-RX works. I don't work for GM or Ford or Toyota but I can tell you it works. I had some seepage of oil around gaskets and I tried Valvoline MaxLife, which is supposed to stop and prevent oil leakage. Although the Valvoline seemed to work good in my car as a motor oil, it really did nothing for the oil leakage. But after I did two treatments with Auto-RX the oil seepage stopped. My car also runs better and I think that this is a combination of finding fuel system cleaners that work, and Auto-RX.

If somebody has not tried Auto-RX, I don't know how they can say that it does not work. The same guy who was putting down Auto-RX was also saying that he had either used or was going to use (or at least was asking about using) Slick 50. The people who make Slick 50 are some of the people who have been fined by the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising. People here who responded to the post quickly advised against using Slick 50. Was the post supposed to be a test?

The people at this web site have a greater knowledge of motor oils and additives then the general public. Many (if not most) people who visit this web site are against most oil additives and engine treatments. And with good reason, because the FTC has fined most of the people who sell these products. But there seems to be a lot of people here who support products like Auto-RX. They have tried the product and have found that it works.

This web site is the most interesting I have ever found on the internet for finding good information about various motor oils, oil filters, air filters, oil additives, etc. But I have recently discovered a few people at this site who seem to want to attack somebody and question a person's right to even post a message, unless you have an engineering degree and a chemistry degree. Well, it is no big deal but I worked in an engineering department, and I have a little bit of physics, calculus, and chemistry myself. And I think that anybody should be able to post a message and ask questions, regardless of their education. There are people here who can help.

Let me give an example. I have had a few PERSONAL bad experiences with FRAM oil filters. Now, I don't have anything against FRAM (I used to use FRAMs all the time), but why am I attacked for posting something discribing my personal experiences? Is this not of potential value to people at this web site? Is it necessary for me to have worked in the engineering department of FRAM or Purolator to post replies and posts concerning my personal experiences?

Experience, both good and bad, that people of this web site have had of various products is potentially useful to the people at this web site. But I have noticed people immediately question a person's credentials. Do I require a master's degree in chemistry to tell a personal story about how a FRAM oil filter's adbv apparently did not funtion properly? Is an engineering degree required for a person to talk about how they had more start-up noise using a certain brand of oil filter as compared to another brand?

quote:

There are a lot of snake oils out there, and some amount of questioning is healthy. The many good reports from Auto-RX users are what convinded me to give it a try.

I agree. Questioning is healthy.

Frank, I have become a believer in your product from my own experience. However (please do not take offense), I do not agree with your sales tactics. Many of your replies are a bit defensive, and it seems as if you are pushing Auto-Rx as the savior of all engines. I can understand the skepticism (having been a skeptic myself).

Like I said, I have tried the product, and I will use it again. Telling the skeptics they are wrong will not help win them over.

Just my $.02... hope I did not offend.
smile.gif

I have said enough, but I just want to make something clear. I don't have a problem with somebody questioning something that I post, or a reply that I post. But when I post something and I am immediately attacked by somebody demanding to see my engineering credentials, I get upset.

I used to visit some computer forums on the internet. I have a great interest and affection for the Apple Macintosh Computer. But I left those forums. I became very tired of snooty jerks who attack any post that a person makes unless you have a degree in computer technology. The funny thing is, with all of the digital photgraphy that I have done, and all of the work I have done in Photoshop and other imaging programs, I may actually have more practical experience in using Mac Computers then the snooty little punks. I hope this web site does not get like the computer web sites, where your credentials are checked at the door, and you have to have a certain level of advanced training and be of a certain social level before you are allowed entry.

Nuff said.

Much wisdom from Novadude and Mystic.

Not to start a tirade but RX did not work for me, (directions were different back then) but it does appear to work for most people. No problem, go for it!

Novadude you have hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spector, I support you completely. From personal experience, you said that Auto-RX did not work for you. I personally think that Auto-RX works, but you have every right to say in a post that it does not work for you. From personal experience, you have a negative viewpoint of Auto-RX, and you should have the right to say that in a post. I think some people here do not understand the scientific method. For people at this web site to make a good determination if they want to use a product or not, they need to hear the positive and the negative.

You are not attacking a person personally, demanding to see their engineering credentials, and implying that somebody does not have the right to post a message unless they have a chemistry degree. If you do not believe in a person's post, attack the message, not the messenger.

I sometimes think that there must be some people from the FRAM engineering department hanging out at this web site, the way that I have been personally attacked. Hey guys, I used to use FRAM all the time. Make a better product, and I will use your product again.

I wish the people with the personal agendas would display the courage to come out of cover and state their case. They make me think of that Freeman woman in Florida.

Never have I seen such bashing of a product that works as advertised Mr. Heagy I don't know what your agenda is you must excel in half truths I used Auto-Rx it did every thing I bought it for My car has 150,000 miles on it and had (I said had) a rear seal engine leak. After using the Auto-rx and the car runs smoother and the seal is no longer leaking. I have a friend that used it to stop an oil leak and his jeep had over 100,00 miles on it. This is the best product that I have ever used in a car. I am a firm beleiver in taking care of your auto's, I changed the oil every 3,000 miles like clock work.

I just don't think anyone has the right to make any comments about a product that they have never used themselfs,
nono.gif
It's kinda like people that don't vote and then wants to pass jusdgement and put in their 2 cents worth when in fact they have not right to do so.

Frank,

I know you need to defend your reputation, but the readers here are able to "filter" out the noise.

There are a lot of snake oils out there, and some amount of questioning is healthy. The many good reports from Auto-RX users are what convinded me to give it a try.

My experiment with Auto-RX is ongoing and now transitioned to a maintenance schedule in one car and almost there in the other. Very satisfied so far, and hopefully the Trasko oil filter turns out to be winner also.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back