Auto-Rx questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of vehicles that I'm thinking of cleaning with Auto-Rx but wanted to get some feedback on whether or not it's really necessary before I do. I'm thinking from the standpoint of optimum performance and longevity.

The first is a '97 Chevy S-10 with a 2.2L, 4cyl. engine. It has 70K on it. Just bought it, and, although the previous owners religiously maintained it--oil changes every 3K miles, service records show that different oil brands were used. It doesn't leak and doesn't use any oil. I'd like to switch it to a true synthetic with a maintenance dose since it's going to be mainly highway driven.

The second vehicle is a '97 Cavalier with a 2.4L, 4cyl. engine and 63K miles. It too has been religiously maintained. Switched over to M1 SS about 3K miles ago. I'm guessing this engine would be pretty clean. It's had Quaker State Full Synthetic since 500 miles and always used a Napa gold filter until I switched to the UPF-59's at the time of the switch to the M1 oil. It also isn't leaking or using oil. Runs well. I'm thinking of running a maintenance dose in this one as well.

Thoughts anyone?

Mystic
Member # 1109

posted April 13, 2003 10:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mkosem, I am thinking about doing a third auto-RX treatment in my Saturn. Saturns apparently are sludge monsters to some extent-this car should not have sludge, since I do 3000 mile oil changes and I have even tried Mobil 1 and Amsoil in the car. I think they are running some of these newer cars too hot, trying to increase the fuel mileage. Some Toyotas are supposed to have sludge build-up too, although Toyota denies it. I wish I had known about Auto-RX sooner-I didn't find out about Auto-RX until I discovered this site. Every car I own from now on will get 3 oz. of Auto-RX each oil change. After the first treatment, the oil filter was clearly getting plugged up. After the second treatment it was not so bad.

Let me tell you, w8liftr, Auto-RX really works! I did not learn of Auto-RX until I discovered this site, mainly by accident. This is the best web site I know of for information on motor oils, oil filters, air filters, etc. Every product I have tried that I found out about at this web site has worked for me. I was stunned when Valvoline oil was not rated that high at this site-it was my favorite oil for a long time. I switched to Chevron but I am going to start using Schaeffer's Oil and K&N oil filters. Lots of guys talk about how good Auto-RX is at this web site. I tried it myself and after the first cleaning the oil filter was definitely getting plugged up. And I do 3000 mile oil changes. The only thing you have to be sure of is to use a clean oil filter when you start cleaning your engine with Auto-RX. After you have cleaned your engine, you can keep it clean by using 3 oz. of Auto-RX every oil change. I would recommend Auto-RX to anybody. Frank Miller, the guy who sells Auto-RX, is really a cool guy. He has a web site-just type in Auto-RX. Tim Mills, who sells Schaeffer's Oil, is also a very friendly, cool guy.

i have a 91 accord and i kept it very good condition. i have done oil changes all the time. though after comming from this board, i learned that i cannot see everything inside my engine. i tried auto rx in my honda and was super impressed at the job. even though i thought my engine was clean, my oil filter in the auto rx treatment showed that there was a conciderable amount of dirt and some small amounts of sludge in my engine. my car is much quieter now as well, and not to mention some regained power(maybe its just me).

i like it cause its not an additive. its more of a gentle cleanser. my engine oil seals have actually stopped leaking as well. every thing that auto rx said it would do has done it.

www.auto-rx.com if u dont knwo the site link.

frank here is a great guy who is the co-inventor of the product. he has helped us alot.

im satisfied, worth my money.

[ April 26, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: digitaldrifter91 ]

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
even though i thought my engine was clean, my oil filter in the auto rx treatment showed that there was a conciderable amount of dirt and some small amounts of sludge in my engine.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It obviously doesn't hurt to do the cleaning, and it's very inexpensive. Gonna place my order tomorrow.

i also did it for the sake of my SMOG test that is comming up. hehe smog emmisions are alot higher here in California. have fun.

[ April 27, 2003, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: digitaldrifter91 ]

yeah when i leave the state my emissions go way down
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back