Like BITOG?

If you don't mind oil-related ads, and want to keep us running, whitelist BobisTheOilGuy in your ad blocker.

Thank you!

Recent Topics
Bat houses?
by PW01
Today at 01:55 PM
Hub Centering Rings
by Char Baby
Today at 12:48 PM
Bad Discount Tire experience
by dwgwater
Today at 12:08 PM
2007 Accord coupe V6
by aquariuscsm
Today at 11:49 AM
Mystery Oil
by Zee09
Today at 10:52 AM
Mobil 1 EP good enough for non-aggressive drivers?
by Jasper8146
Today at 10:49 AM
2011 Durango 5.7L 125K PPHM 0W20 3K W/ Towing
by Mathew_Boss
Today at 10:27 AM
Eric The Car Guy's Mobil 1 AP Test
by camrydriver111
Today at 10:19 AM
Alignment: loading suspension in sloped driveway
by zorobabel
Today at 10:14 AM
Very Impressed with Fram Qualityc- CH10160
by rooflessVW
Today at 09:49 AM
Costco Canada Bridgestone Sale
by IndyIan
Today at 09:33 AM
Buying oil overseas, shipping to the US?
by d00df00d
Today at 09:23 AM
Track Days and Bearing Wear
by camrydriver111
Today at 09:15 AM
Pennzoil Euro L 5W30 in Two of our Vehicles
by harfooz
Today at 09:03 AM
PP 5w30 5x1 Quart for $8.20 After Rebate
by dmiko
Today at 08:47 AM
2000 Buick century front brake job and a wheelStud
by JimmyJohns
Today at 07:25 AM
First run in with a Security Torx fastener
by ZZman
Today at 06:02 AM
Control arms: What is one to do?
by dlundblad
Today at 05:14 AM
Tons of water being spit out exhaust
by FordCapriDriver
Today at 05:02 AM
Depression and systemic inflamation
by Shannow
Today at 03:28 AM
Newest Members
RYCOJO, Gunplt, bjay, javylsu, Jlb27537
65503 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (andyd, 28oz, 87sammy, 14Accent, 2015_PSD, 13 invisible), 1657 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
65503 Members
67 Forums
287278 Topics
4792530 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Hub Centering Rings by Rand @ 23 seconds ago

I'd probably just tighten while lifted in the air and see .. would probably work fine without rings too.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Bad Discount Tire experience by Rand @ 2 minutes 55 seconds ago

This sounds like what would happen if I sent any number of people to DT.. Fortunately I just go myself and avoid all this.. and stack with their triple rebate sales. I've been irritated with them quite a few times but never for this reason.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Motorcycle Shaft Oil change? by maverickfhs @ 8 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Imp4Originally Posted By: maverickfhsWill follow the recommendation and use 80W, that's what manual recommends. Thanks all. There, now wasn't that easy!?! How about a follow up story? Super tech: https://www.walmart.c
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 EP good enough for non-aggressive drivers? by SilverFusion2010 @ 10 minutes 19 seconds ago

Itís the old thin vs thick perpetual debate. For the ďaverageĒ vehicle the thinner 20 is fine, they are quality lubricants. For an engine that will see high oil temps for whatever reason, going thicker is advisable. For a really high mileage vehic
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Speeding ticket; Ouch by Eddie @ 22 minutes 44 seconds ago

I was driving on I80 in ILL to get to my hospitalized father. I was called by the hospital that father was going in for surgery that had a 50/50 chance of survival. Speed limit those days was 50 or 55 MPH and I was moving 115 by the Saab speedometer.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Weed eater oil mix question by Srt20 @ 25 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gathermewoolOriginally Posted By: Srt20Originally Posted By: CedarsharkI own 30 chainsaws and buy/rebuild and sell them. Your question(OP) is easy to answer. Any 2 stroke motor can be burned up at ANY oil to fuel ratio if it bec
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: Mystery Oil by Zee09 @ 26 minutes 20 seconds ago

Anybody ever hear of neutral phosphorus?
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: ArmorAll wax wipes by SatinSilver @ 26 minutes 34 seconds ago

Their interior detailer and tire shine are also top notch. Below is a link for them: Link
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Why is my house so hot? by 28oz @ 35 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteYou ABSOLUTELY need gable end vents with forced expulsion on one gable. That be a thermostat controlled fan Hopefully you have UNBLOCKED soffit vents also. I'm looking at putting in a thermostat controlled f
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Filter changes between oil changes by Malo83 @ 36 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rat407 Change the oil and filter at 5k intervals and the engine last 500,000 miles. I guess it depends on how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. X2,
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: New/Old F1 guy? by billt460 @ 37 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Shannowhttps://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...lat/fpart/1/q/1 Originally Posted By: billt460No "Safer Barrier". Rocks on one side, a cliff on the other. If he misses, he's dead. And no shifter paddles. His hand go
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Bat houses? by Rat407 @ 37 minutes 33 seconds ago

I installed one on our chimney 14yrs ago facing south/east and not one bat has been inside from what I can tell. We are close to natural water a pond and we have an inground pool. I wish they would live there but no luck for us.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: PP 5w30 5x1 Quart for $8.20 After Rebate by John_K @ 40 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnsonYou do realize that subscription means you get your next shipment from them at a predetermined time not when you necessarily need it and not at the sales price? After you receive the order, cancel the subscripti
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Auto Start / Stop Feature. by madRiver @ 43 minutes 55 seconds ago

I read some odd fears like the delay etc. In my wife's 2018 Tiguan as soon as let up on brake pedal slightly it starts the engine. Knowing this when we sense light will change we simply have adapted to adjusting foot without much thinking. It takes
Jump to new posts Re: Thin cleans better, allows longer OCI than thick! by nap @ 46 minutes 54 seconds ago

Let me introduce NNOQI, Napís New Oil Quality Index. It is defined as (yellow area of the bottle / total area of the bottleís surface). PYB wins so hands down, yay! Cleans better! Longer OCIís! Attracts chicks! Yipeee!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 Extended Performance M1-212A CUT OPEN by doolah02 @ 49 minutes 54 seconds ago

Mobil 1 are good filters, I was using Fram Ultras which are good filters too but I was getting a lot of startup noise with them. Thanks for the pics.
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Alignment: loading suspension in sloped driveway by Johnny2Bad @ 54 minutes 51 seconds ago

Level surface, no suspension load except you may opt to put a body of similar weight to you or substitute some appropriate weight (how much rice can you eat?) in the driver's seat if the normal mode of operation is single driver / no passenger.
Oil Analysis - General Questions and Comments
Jump to new posts Re: Track Days and Bearing Wear by Johnny2Bad @ 57 minutes 28 seconds ago

Track days should be done in cars prepped for the track. You have a few options. Perhaps a baffled oil pan is all you need. Aside from dry sump (an expensive proposition) you can also run an Oil Accumulator which will maintain flow and pressure if
Jump to new posts Re: Article on the use of thin oils and why.... by demarpaint @ 59 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rat407I take it that nobody on bitog will purchase a new 2019 Silverado 1500 with the new Duramax diesel in it then since it calls for a 0w-20. Well at least while it is still under warranty. I wonder if they'll change th
Boat/PWC Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Mercury 90hp 4-stroke outboard EFI by CT8 @ Today at 02:23 PM

Every commercial marine operation I have been to used HDEO in the Gas and the high speed diesel engines.
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Best Additive for 2 cycle gas? by nthach @ Today at 02:23 PM

Never had a problem with HD's premix 50:1 fuel in a Stihl blower and Echo chainsaw. A ounce of Techron into pump gas for 4-stroke gear doesn't hurt. Can't get E0 in Cali without paying outrageous prices.
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Euro L 5W30 in Two of our Vehicles by turnbowm @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: LotIOriginally Posted By: turnbowmThere have been several threads on Platinum Euro L 5W30 and, being a low SAPS/TBN oil, it's not generally recommended for extended OCIs in gas cars. To be safe, I would limit OCIs to 5,000 miles
Jump to new posts Re: Eric The Car Guy's Mobil 1 AP Test by Gebo @ Today at 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: demarpaintI'd be more interested in the results next year. It is usually best to do a UOA on the second run [some will say the third run] with the product you plan on testing. This way the prior brand of oil is totally removed f
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Tips to clean engine bay by HYUNDAIFAN0001 @ Today at 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B.I've done hundreds of engine bays in my day. I never use high pressure spray/water ever and I have never have a problems and I also never cover anything. It was only in my early days when using high pressure that I had a
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: One Synthetic Oil for all OPE by Astro_Guy @ Today at 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Kamele0NSo your snowblower is special one that runs below 3600rpms @wot....is this "inverter" model where you generate electricity for an electric motor with gasoline one? The generator is a Champion 3500 watt, not
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >