by ZZman
Today at 08:16 AM
Lost my wife to a drunk driver
by KD0AXS
Today at 07:49 AM
Boutique oil vs. Major oil company's
by gmh101357
Today at 06:01 AM
My Honda Accord...major blowby..or..? (vid inside)
by TurboTravis
Today at 05:06 AM
Toyota 04152-YZZA5
by dlundblad
Today at 03:39 AM
TPMS sensor bad
by MuzzleFlash40
Today at 01:19 AM
Toyota filters deserve more cred.
by DrRoughneck
Today at 12:40 AM
Discount Tire rim maintenance
by oilboy123
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Cleaning "drive-by-wire" throttle body
by DrRoughneck
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
edge 0w40 on Amazon $21
by andrewp1998
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
2014 Ford Taurus awd
by Corollaman
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
[Cut Open] Microgreen MG-101-7 1783mi
by DuckRyder
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Where’s the best deal on case of Mobil1 synth ATF?
by sgc2c
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
Q: Easiest way to get some isoparaffins
by diyer999
Yesterday at 07:25 PM
Newest Members
514avn, Okapi77, MrWaker, iflylow, marichardson
64222 Registered Users
Who's Online
102 registered (another Todd, 2K2AcuraTL, bbhero, BlueOvalFitter, AnthemBassMan, Amirkhat, 7 invisible), 1801 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
64222 Members
65 Forums
278382 Topics
4645753 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got Linux Mint Downloaded by pandus13 @ 57 seconds ago

GPU = Graphical Processor Unit. (graphics card)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lost my wife to a drunk driver by BrocLuno @ 2 minutes 4 seconds ago

Condolences. So sorry for your loss.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: My Yahoo issues by tmorris1 @ 2 minutes 21 seconds ago

Agree with everyone's assessment. I started using them 20 years ago when I needed an email for unimportant things that I didn't mind getting spammed on. That is about all they are good for anymore. I wouldn't trust anything important with them aft
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mighty Engine Guard II M4477 @~9k miles by DuckRyder @ 2 minutes 38 seconds ago

Purolator
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota filters deserve more cred. by ZeeOSix @ 3 minutes 47 seconds ago

In the case of this 1M mile Toyota it's true that any filter would have resulted in the same due to the extremely high amount of highway miles and regular oil changes. When those situations aren't present is when higher efficient filters can help mak
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Upgrade Electrical System - Briggs Twin by BrocLuno @ 9 minutes 2 seconds ago

Many OMC outboards used to run excess voltage w/o regulation. They advised to use the running lights at all times to keep the battery happy. My guess is this is the same. With the PTO engaged it will "balance" the circuit and the volta
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 EP and AP for 6-10k drains? by JohnnyJohnson @ 9 minutes 16 seconds ago

You know I've seen just a few of the new AP UOA's and frankly I really wasn't impressed they showed no better wear metal etc. than the regular Mobil 1 or their EP. Presently in see no real value in Mobil AP.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Doing? by earlyre @ 10 minutes 42 seconds ago

about to head to my Insurance agent to get a replacement insurance ID Card. accidentally left it in my pants pocket when i did laundry Friday. and of course they weren't open over the weekend. got a wad of pulp out of the dryer. and we're not set up
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Pressure Cooker Recommendation by Drew99GT @ 18 minutes 39 seconds ago

I bought an Instant Pot a while back, and I though I like ti at first. It is easy to use and cooks slow cooker type meals quicker, BUT........I don't think the flavor is as good! When I want to do chili, or pot roast, stuff you'd normally do in
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Vibe; 1ZZ-FE, under vc, 265k miles by MarkM66 @ 18 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister Engine looks great . Congrats on doing a great job maintaining your Vib ! :-) You plan on driving it as long as possible ? Thanks. Yeah, I plan on seeing how far it goes... We'll see
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Filters aren't leaving by ZeeOSix @ 22 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7enI want as much flow as possible ... Your oil pump ensures that because flow doesn't change to the oiling system unless the pump hits pressure relief, which hardly happens. People always say the want a filter that
Jump to new posts Re: Used oil sign in sheet? by Tdbo @ 22 minutes 54 seconds ago

Take mine to the local Tractor Supply. The do have a sign in sheet, enforced by a padlock on the top of the tank. However, that system was modified by someone. The padlock now serves as the hinge. An employee demonstrated the modification to me. Now,
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles by irv @ 24 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dishdudeOriginally Posted By: carviewsonicHow did the new Impala compare to a Lacrosse ?" Depending on the trim levels, the Lacrosse has a nicer interior than the Impala, IMO. But the Lacrosse is more expensive, and cannot
Jump to new posts Re: Ditching the OEM intake on a turbo diesel engine by Superflan @ 27 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: meep I don't trust them. You can spec dimensions but not airflow/filtration balance You can choose media, dry or wet. Each is balanced differently
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Modular and manufactured homes. by MONKEYMAN @ 36 minutes 40 seconds ago

Parents had a modular home. On the plus side it was well insulated and heating/cooling costs not very much. The negative: Roof had staples on top of shingles and flashing was poorly done. I had to fix leaks. Plumbing leaked due to fittings not
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Michigan accepts Canada's trash in landfills by fdcg27 @ 36 minutes 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister As far as Michigan and poor roads , which party runs the state ? The same one that runs yours. Maybe there's a pattern here?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Boutique oil vs. Major oil company's by Wolf359 @ 37 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: old1Originally Posted By: DonaldI buy quality synthetic motor oil from Walmart, but the ATF and gear oil comes from Amsoil. However if I won the lottery, I would buy all Amsoil. Heck if I won the lottery, I wouldn't change o
Jump to new posts Re: Electronic body throttle cleaning ? by brianl703 @ 41 minutes 37 seconds ago

I know of at least one car that will set a code if the TB is moved even with the engine off, key out. Seems that the ECU stays active for a little while after the key is removed. Disconnecting the battery is a sure way to avoid setting a code.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: skills to teach today's children? by pandus13 @ Today at 10:21 AM

Just wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU all of you who took the time to post the various, many, good, complex, down-to-earth suggestions.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Generator is gonna sit for a year: which oil? by HighwayRanger @ Today at 10:18 AM

One more question: I run Rotella T6 5w40 in my Duramax. Any objection to me using it in the generators too? Roy
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire rim maintenance by JMJNet @ Today at 10:15 AM

DT did not do any grinding on my Suburban rim last time I was there installing new tires from DTD.
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning "drive-by-wire" throttle body by HoosierJeeper @ Today at 10:14 AM

On my LR3 I've just gently brushed around the throttle plate and gently opened just enough to get under it with a paper towel to get the line of dirt under it. Never have had an issue, I clean it annually at minimum. I don't disconnect the battery ei
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: More Elec. Cap Failures by CorvairGeek @ Today at 10:14 AM

I don't recall opening any mainstream, OEM PC (2000 vintage and newer, not anything after about 2012) that doens't having failing caps on the motherboard and / or power supply. The performance will deteriorate before complete failure too, as you get
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: What F150 engine? by wallyuwl @ Today at 10:11 AM

Thanks for all the feedback. I saw that video, too, 2dogs. The two guys who picked the 3.5 did it because of the power and it was new. The older guys who have been around the block all picked the 5.0. I'm going to get the 5.0. Hearing that is
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 04152-YZZA5 by supton @ Today at 10:00 AM

Looks like what I pull out of my Toyota's. Not much of note, IOW.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >