Recent Topics
Opinions about Universal Technical Institute?
by StayinGreazy
12/10/16 04:08 PM
Million mile Ford
by dgn
12/10/16 03:43 PM
Kent-Moore puller sets & Milwakee 18V driver
by mehullica
12/10/16 03:34 PM
Bought a new car need some input.
by jxthomps
12/10/16 03:21 PM
FD rated PWC oil OK in air cooled equipment?
by callbay
12/10/16 02:59 PM
Milesyn syn blend oil 1qtpack of 12-$29.56 walmart
by THafeez
12/10/16 02:45 PM
alice.it domain scams?
by JHZR2
12/10/16 02:31 PM
Tips on a clean oil change
by NH73
12/10/16 02:25 PM
Seeking UOA for Detroit Diesel 53/71 series engine
by FlyNavyP3
12/10/16 02:09 PM
Meijer Valvoline Full Syn $16.49 5 qt jug
by Spartanfool
12/10/16 01:52 PM
2017 Chevy Cruze LT (brief review)
by Cujet
12/10/16 01:49 PM
Heartwarming Lawyer Story
by Cujet
12/10/16 01:06 PM
Newest Members
Bear0422, pdl2mtl90, BaconPlease, StayinGreazy, DannyMK2
59829 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (a1mfw, 4WD, ammolab, AIRJAC3, 46Harry, Alex_V, 7 invisible), 1739 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59829 Members
66 Forums
258095 Topics
4246872 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Advance auto score by bullwinkle @ 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mooferzJust went into an Advance store nearby, where I tried to ring up 5 quarts of the 0w-20 for 95 cents each. The guy initially commented on how cheap the oil was, but upon seeing how cheap, he wouldn't sell it to me- said he
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Million mile Ford by Marco620 @ 34 seconds ago

10 engines?! Honda can do it without the spare nine motors. I guess I can see the frame still going with mild winters and he probably has a garage. Still, its kinda cool.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Opinions about Universal Technical Institute? by SatinSilver @ 2 minutes 30 seconds ago

I would enroll in a two year program in electronics and get an associates degree from a local community college. Then you can get an internship and work on the large complex machines at the hospitals. A guy on here posts about the opportunities reg
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Didn't Even Know These Existed (VW Passat) by rooflessVW @ 2 minutes 56 seconds ago

Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Chevy Cruze LT (brief review) by 4WD @ 3 minutes 19 seconds ago

Mine does not do it -but IIRC newer rentals I've grabbed have that go into neutral feel with engine on
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: ugh...ethanol % going up! by Surestick @ 9 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: turtlevette Isn't it green to pollute less? I'll close my garage door and run my car on pure ethanol. You do the save running on pure gas. We'll see who gets dead first. Agreed? Your test proves nothing. I could cha
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Meijer Valvoline Full Syn $16.49 5 qt jug by bullwinkle @ 10 minutes 4 seconds ago

There's a $2 off per jug coupon on mPerks, too. I don't need it, been picking up AAP's clearance Magnatec.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Tips on a clean oil change by NormanBuntz @ 14 minutes 1 second ago

Yeah, it always ticks me off when the vehicle design places the oil filter where it spills on suspension parts or frame components. The right type of funnel under an oil filter can help, but most of use are too stubborn or lazy to use one. I'm now u
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Battery replace warranty cover leakage of gas? by 46Harry @ 15 minutes 54 seconds ago

I just had a big issue with NAPA over the battery they sold me in August of 2014 for my 2010 Impala. The starter wasn't cranking properly so I tested the battery and it failed the load test. NAPA wanted to charge me $63.00 for a new battery of the sa
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: UOA article - what is "normal" by bmwjohn @ 17 minutes 30 seconds ago

Thanks for that TON of information. I have read it - sort of - and need to read it again. NOW, a question.I have a friend here in Indy who has a 524TD engine, used very little, in a motor home. Appears to be in great condition - low mileage, etc. In
Jump to new posts Re: NAPA synthetic - why so cheap? by Tony10s @ 17 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SR5Originally Posted By: Tony10s SR5, thanks for the post. No Worries Tony, And keep using that good Napa Synthetic oil in your cars, I'm sure it will look after you fine. I'm on Castrol Magnatec right now and it's looking
Jump to new posts Re: Bought a new car need some input. by jxthomps @ 21 minutes 15 seconds ago

Also I never had a cartridge oil filter what brand should I go with?
Jump to new posts Re: Synthetic Oil : OK At First Oil Change ? by MRtv @ 23 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46Thanks for the replies - I am now thinking to do a couple of shorter OCI's using Pennzoil Conventional Yellow Label 5W20 and when I get to 5,000 miles I will consider the switch to synthetic oil best for a DI engine .
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: alice.it domain scams? by jhellwig @ 30 minutes 4 seconds ago

A simple internet search can turn up most of that info with little effort. They are just trying to give as much real info as they can to get you to try and correct the wrong stuff for them.
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: centrifuge by Ihatetochangeoil @ 34 minutes 48 seconds ago

UOA as promised...There are things I'm unhappy about here. The centrifuge was added at 84,980 miles, I rounded it to 85K. My sump capacity is now 6 quarts...The 3 quarts added for top up are actually accounted for as 1 quart top up (which I don't see
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Hello from Honda (new guy intro) by jhellwig @ 37 minutes 3 seconds ago

Is Honda ever going to make a larger v twin like in the 900cc range? It seams that Kohler and briggs have that market tied up.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by Drew99GT @ 41 minutes 57 seconds ago

Why constantly buy and sell in a raging bull market? Unless it's in a tax exempt account and you can beat the market, taxes will annihilate your returns. Like reduce them 10 fold. If you can beat market returns in a tax exempt account then by all
Jump to new posts Re: Electric Motor Question by Red91 @ 45 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Red91Would a power steering sector work as a gear reduction unit? Right after I posted that I realized that no, it wouldn't because the sector is limited lock to lock, and even if it wasn't, it would run out of itself before i
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Kent-Moore puller sets & Milwakee 18V driver by mehullica @ 46 minutes 44 seconds ago

All in excellent condition! New Kent Moore J39856 puller set that's missing the 2 jaw puller. New Kent Moore J45073 puller complete. Used 3 times a Milwaukee 1/4" hex driver about 3 years old. Retired from the auto repair business & selling
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Resurfacing/Painting Rims by RhondaHonda @ 51 minutes 45 seconds ago

Most alloy wheel repair places charge $85-150 depending on the finish on the wheel. If you have a silver painted wheel like the photo I'd say $100-125 is the going rate. It's worth a shot to try to match yourself and if it stands out just pay to ha
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Heartwarming Lawyer Story by JHZR2 @ Today at 03:20 PM

Ha! Nothing worse than a self serving monopoly of lawyers.
Engine Oil Filters
This is similar to DE filter concept use on pools, wine etc. However, my pool filter has a pressure gauge right on the can ... Suppose with a four port remote filter mount you could read it directly - but I have too many vehicles not showing oil pres
Saw your other thread...where and how is the mess being made ?
Jump to new posts Re: FD rated PWC oil OK in air cooled equipment? by callbay @ Today at 03:08 PM

That is the exact oil I am talking about. Originally Posted By: RamblejamThis stuff? https://www.quicksilver-products.com/en/products/marine/personal-watercraft/lubricant/lubricant/ With those dual ratings, I'd have absolutely no issue whatsoever u
My car's owners manual says to use a Euro A3 oil and change every 9k miles, but I'm pretty sure a quality synthetic A3/B4 oil with a few good OEM specs like MB & BMW could go 12k miles. Right now I'm using semi-synthetic Castrol Magnatec 10W30
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >