by AITG
Yesterday at 08:42 PM
Aisin DW-1 ATF specs?
by Coprolite
Yesterday at 08:40 PM
Two Puro Classic Air Filters for Mustang FAR
by Nyogtha
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Brought home this beauty (new half-ton Sierra)
by glock19
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Oil Filters in 2017?
by gryffinwings
Yesterday at 07:27 PM
Beck/Arnley
by Fafahead
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Wear vs. oil-filter efficiency: SAE/Amsoil paper
by Gokhan
Yesterday at 06:25 PM
Medical field options
by ram_man
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
Rotella T15W40 22K on the oil (making metal)
by A310
Yesterday at 05:58 PM
Edge 5w50
by Birdman476
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
Raising Vehicle
by mickalo
Yesterday at 04:49 PM
Who peforms the service on your car?
by Leo99
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
truck maintenance suggestions?
by TheKracken
Yesterday at 04:16 PM
Moments from disaster.. share your stories
by L_Sludger
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Looking for a new chain saw.
by Syntheticuser
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
Delo XLE 10W30 vs Delvac 1300 10W30 - Explain This
by George7941
Yesterday at 02:43 PM
Newest Members
perplexed, TroyHayesDoyle, blueeyedme, anomalia, pack_run
61982 Registered Users
Who's Online
24 registered (Brad_C, Brian123, bbhero, Bandito440, Ammofirst, Andy636, 2 invisible), 980 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61982 Members
66 Forums
267090 Topics
4417510 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Fan falls during race against the Freeze by Rick in PA @ 5 minutes 8 seconds ago

Another case of celebrating too early. You're not across the finish line yet, pal.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2017 European Grand Prix by Brad_C @ 9 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GarakThey both need transponders that react only to each other, and cut the power in each other's vicinity or something. I'd have thought if Kimi needed that with anyone it'd be Max.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Who peforms the service on your car? by Rick in PA @ 10 minutes 6 seconds ago

I do as much of the work as possible myself. I was a flunky type at a service station back when I was a kid, so I learned quite a bit there. Most of the time it's stuff I'm familiar with. Sometimes there's a learning curve, manuals and YouTube hel
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: F-35 Fighter Too Big To Fail by Nickdfresh @ 45 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: blupupherOriginally Posted By: AZjeffIsn't the "F" supposed to stand for fighter?? ... F-117 was not a fighter. It was an attach aircraft, so should have been an "A" designation (Like the A-10). No idea why
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wear vs. oil-filter efficiency: SAE/Amsoil paper by Shannow @ 45 minutes 44 seconds ago

To expound on Zee0Six's posts. The forces that keep the shaft from contacting the bearing are generated by the oil which is moving from the wide area of the "wedge" to the area of MOFT...obviously, the oil being (largely) incompressible is
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs intek filter cut open by AnthemBassMan @ 50 minutes 50 seconds ago

The torn gasket looks like that's where he cut through the can. L8R, Matt
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella T6 Multi Vehicle 5W 30 by Garak @ 58 minutes 44 seconds ago

Check at a Shell distributor. I tracked it down that way, albeit not at my local distributor, which is a tad problematic. The pricing is pretty amazing, though. Ammofirst: It won't be A3 (but will be similar in some respects) because it's E6, and
Jump to new posts Re: Should I replace a TB on a car I plan to sell? by artbuc @ 59 minutes 19 seconds ago

Wheelman 1991, are you sure about years and mileage? I have changed 4 or 5 Toyota, Lexus and Acura TB's which were older than yours and all looked brand new.
Jump to new posts Re: 0w20 OR 5W30: nissan maxima 2017 by Garak @ Today at 02:55 AM

It doesn't say that at all, though. I've never seen a gasoline engine manual recommend to use the thickest grade listed, and this one is no exception. It simply does not say that 0w-20 and 5w-30 are both too thin. He also can use a 5w-30 with an H
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Clutch Cable Correction by Ducked @ Today at 02:46 AM

Grades in, so time to fiddle with the car, which I'll need to move house soon. Put some short pieces of split plastic tubing inside the end of the cable sheath, oiled it, and did a wee Spanish Windlass thing using a chopstick to pull it into a bette
Jump to new posts Re: % of Manual vs. Auto Transmissions - New Autos by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 02:42 AM

I like the manual in my little daily Peugeot, i wouldn't want a slushbox behind that little 1.1L engine since it makes less than 60 Hp, it actually feels quite nippy with the light five speed it has because it weighs nothing ( 1800 lbs ). And since m
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire 4th of July sale/rebates by umungus1122 @ Today at 02:38 AM

Are Cooper or Hancook having manufacturer rebates available during this sale too?
Jump to new posts Re: Edge 5w50 by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 02:33 AM

I wouldn't be afraid of trying it, you could mix it with some 5W-20 to dilute it.
Engine Oil Filters
HX520W ... nice post. I seems the Fram built Honda filters have always had thicker and less flexible non-metal end caps then the Fram branded filters. If so, Fram should use the same end caps on their EG and TG filters (Motorking, are you reading t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Moments from disaster.. share your stories by Ducked @ Today at 01:50 AM

Working in an inspection pit, using oxy-acetylene for the first time to weld a new bottom on a box section, I notice a plastic pipe inside the section. Wonder what that is....traced it back to the fuel tank. That's what it was. Odd thing is I can'
Jump to new posts Re: Should I leave a little used oil in? ( DNewton3 ) by userfriendly @ Today at 01:31 AM

http://www.intertek.com/ocm/wear-metals/ http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/3/wear-metals-oil-suspensions This article does not take into account wear metals dropped out of the oil as sludge Lol.
Jump to new posts Re: Best SAE30 weight oil? by bbhero @ Today at 01:11 AM

Thank you very much for answering my question userfriendly.
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by bbhero @ Today at 12:47 AM

Ohh yeah I know that the Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic can be run in new cars too. I really think that the VML full synthetic will likely be my new go to product. I like you like quiet motors. And this here is right up there with the best I've run
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 bonneville trans filter change by 901Memphis @ Today at 12:37 AM

I had problems with my Dorman pan, it leaked at the plug and the oem gasket slowly, but that's just my personal experience
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Focus Made In China?????? by CKN @ Today at 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Ethan1It's in the top half of compact cars, even though it is due for a refresh. Look at the numbers for the Dodge Dart I'm not sure why you are citing sales figures as a reason to make cars in a communist country that share
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
IF I were doing this job I would replace the hub, all that heating with a torch may have buggered the bearing grease and a new hub may be in the cards sooner than later anyway. Well done getting it apart. nice save.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What are you listening to right now? by Kamele0N @ Today at 12:20 AM

Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Filters in 2017? by dwendt44 @ Today at 12:11 AM

Don't recall anyone slamming the 'whole' Fram filter line. The orange economy level filter was what was called the OCOD. Orange Can of Death. In part due to low quality build. Tearing and even a case or two of falling or blowing off the threads. Som
Jump to new posts Re: ZL1 1LE runs record lap by userfriendly @ Today at 12:00 AM

GM posted the video... Can you find 16 seconds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendations for 2006 fz1 by Ellipsis @ Yesterday at 11:55 PM

For those who speculate oil brand / version somehow differs in shifting quality.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_manual_transmission https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqERCE2Fv0&feature=youtu.be&t=41s
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >