by car51
10/21/17 10:48 AM
Manual Transmissions and DI/GDI engine issues
by Speak2Mountain
10/21/17 10:22 AM
Why would a short OCI clean better?
by MoreCowbellAz
10/21/17 10:21 AM
Where are the awesome first time lease deals?
by ZZman
10/21/17 10:14 AM
2001 Dodge 2500, 388k miles, 36k OCI on RT6
by A_Harman
10/21/17 10:04 AM
Costco Michelin X-Tour tire review
by Cujet
10/21/17 09:56 AM
How is Bitog Pronouced?
by rollinpete
10/21/17 09:56 AM
Cracked Head *pics*
by tomcruise
10/21/17 09:21 AM
Schaeffer Application Question
by Gebo
10/21/17 09:10 AM
Cayenne drain plug obstruction
by pda1122
10/21/17 08:15 AM
Castrol Woobie
by 07Piloteer
10/21/17 07:30 AM
1987 Toyota 22R 148KMi Valve cover pics
by Jason_Michaels
10/21/17 07:17 AM
Newest Members
Two_Shoes, bigcmaple, Liebex, Techneek, bsmith6356
63176 Registered Users
Who's Online
55 registered (Astro14, 2015_PSD, Audios, ABerns, Audioquest, BigCahuna, 3 invisible), 2353 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
63176 Members
66 Forums
272560 Topics
4525252 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, that's some view by skyactiv @ 5 minutes 56 seconds ago

The pay sucks for the risk involved. I watched a show on TV a few years ago that followed tower mechanics and it was said $15 an hour. Lowest bidder win likes over the road trucking resulting in low driver pay for sacrificing your life away from home
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: [Cut Open] Purolator Synthetic PSL14610 - 5,729 mi by WellOiled @ 10 minutes 19 seconds ago

Robert, How the miles are accrued is a factor on how long the oil and filter can last. Your UOA might prove interesting. I would like to see it. Good luck.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Phone App for Monitoring WiFi OBDII Port Adaptor by ZeeOSix @ 12 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: StevieCThis is the one I have that I use with Torque. I also have access to a proper Scan tool with manufacturer code specific access that was $2200 thanks to my dad but this is nice to have in the glove box in case. Ali-Exp
Jump to new posts Re: Dull car colors by grampi @ 13 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rooflessVWDull... Nothing is more striking than a proper gloss black finish. With chrome wheels!
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by GMBoy @ 16 minutes 18 seconds ago

A few recently this week: My CTS 3.6DI - Mobil 1 High mileage 5w/30 and Wix XP filter My Grand Cherokee Overland 3.6 - Mobil 1 EP 5w/30 and Wix XP filter Another person's 2009 Tahoe 5.3 - Supertech Syn 5w/30 (dexos) and AC delco filter Another pers
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How is Bitog Pronouced? by JC1 @ 25 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: silverratBee-Tog +1.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Friction Modifier by bdcardinal @ 32 minutes 37 seconds ago

Sometimes you have to add a bit more. The best way to mix it in is to do figure 8's. When we do a fresh build with new clutches we soak them in XL-3 before they go in the center section.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts You think your rush hour is bad? by StevieC @ 37 minutes 51 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Where are the awesome first time lease deals? by HorseThief @ 41 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DonaldFor your avg person, a lease is a poor choice. Shhh - that's what keeps the whole thing going. After return on the ultra low mileage lease, it'll be sold as CPO, and then from that owner 80K miles later... it'll eventu
Jump to new posts Re: Parts store websites by njohnson @ 41 minutes 51 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: HoosierJeeper NAPA's site has always been a pain. It never saves my location, then you enter your vehicle info, then you search and it makes you choose a vehicle again. It does do this! Strang
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Toyo vs General tire vs Cooper by slacktide_bitog @ 42 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dan_ericksonThe Conti DWS 06 is my first choice if a can catch a good deal, not that $715 is terrible to begin with. @ mighty mouse tech. Do you mean the Proxies 4 of the Proxies 4 Plus? Two completely different tires. The
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Fun with Marbles by StevieC @ 43 minutes 22 seconds ago

I would love doing stuff like this when I'm retired and have time. Would be great to have a nice sized shop on the back of a rural property and do fund stuff like this.
Jump to new posts Re: Manual Transmissions and DI/GDI engine issues by Kuato @ 46 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rooflessVWI'm not sure what types of problems you're trying to eliminate by transmission choice. I don't see a difference. With a manual transmission, we have all be taught not to lug the engine. Some automatics, with a 4
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Why would a short OCI clean better? by Merkava_4 @ 49 minutes 8 seconds ago

3000 is not a short OCI---1700 is. If the engine is dirty and the oil is cleaning good, then the oil will get dark fast. When the oil gets saturated with dirt and turns dark, change it out and run another short OCI.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: 1987 Toyota 22R 148KMi Valve cover pics by andrewg @ 50 minutes 22 seconds ago

I had an '87 4x4 Toyota with the 22R-E. I LOVED that pickup and that reliable little engine. Drove it across the U.S. in the middle of winter. I still miss it.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Costco Michelin X-Tour tire review by Cujet @ 52 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Danh Cujet, how well did Costco handle mounting and balancing? Careful of the rims? Balanced correctly the first time? Used an actual torque wrench? I've always been leery of big-box auto services as I assumed their staff w
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Excessive battery terminal corrosion by Kuato @ 54 minutes 18 seconds ago

All good info above....add short tripping to the list of things that can cause the condition. If the integrity of the battery case is good then gluing a penny next to the positive terminal will get the corrosion on the penny instead of anywhere else
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Filter brands (spin-on) by LoneRanger @ 59 minutes 7 seconds ago

Hiflo Filtro makes (or used to) the oil filters that K&N offers for motorcycles. HiFlo Filtro pretty widely available various online sources. http://www.hiflofiltro.com/why-hiflo - they lay out the suppliers they source materials from... pret
Jump to new posts Re: Foam pre air filter in Powerstroke. by bdcardinal @ Today at 01:29 PM

I will ask one of my techs, they do them all the time.
Jump to new posts Re: Cayenne drain plug obstruction by Merkava_4 @ Today at 01:29 PM

3/8 drive flex socket plus an 11 inch extension. Torque wrench not necessary. Get it tight.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Toyota 2.5l oil filter tool? by wayne50 @ Today at 01:28 PM

Does anyone have the toyota part number for the oem tool?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Are thinner oils damaging MB Bluetec engines? by PalmSpringsSCal @ Today at 01:27 PM

THE FOX GALLERY ...SNL The good stuff begins at :43 sec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFNC7puU2M
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help, Movie streaming on TV (Canada) by StevieC @ Today at 01:26 PM

It geo restricts content based on where the request is coming from. My brother lives in Boston and his account works fine there, when he travels to Canada it restricts content on his US account. I also can only see US content when I travel to the US
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Briggs and Stratton Lubrication by Silverado12 @ Today at 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Kamele0NSo it is OK to use a 20w50 in a slow revving aircooled Harley...and at the same time it is mindblowing to repeat that in a lawnmover with a similar design? Harley uses an oil pump and roller bearings.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Polish Windshield? by StevieC @ Today at 01:21 PM

I super clean my windshields and then apply Aquapel which works well to fill in minor scratches and imperfections and causes rain to bead right off for up to 6 months.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >