by maverickfhs
2 minutes 57 seconds ago
Thoughts on MS HM and M1 HM
by car51
31 minutes 48 seconds ago
E85 affects on Oil
by Mathew_Boss
32 minutes 11 seconds ago
Why would anyone use 10w-30 when 5w-30 same price?
by EscapeVelocity
Today at 08:52 PM
540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1
by CapitalTruck
Today at 07:53 PM
Recommendations for atf fluid in '02 Focus ZX5.
by D Hill
Today at 07:51 PM
New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile
by CapitalTruck
Today at 07:45 PM
MC FL-400S $2.77 Wal Mart
by car51
Today at 07:43 PM
Is oil getting worse? Did we reach peak oil?
by EscapeVelocity
Today at 06:31 PM
ATF smelled like fish
by arakele
Today at 06:21 PM
Viscosity Index
by RedOak
Today at 06:15 PM
HVAC Actuator Fix...
by Warstud
Today at 06:11 PM
Cut Open - Fram TG3614
by Big Smoke
Today at 05:33 PM
Mazda3 oil drain plug
by Kira
Today at 05:17 PM
Kendall 10w40 High Mileage Oil
by doolah02
Today at 04:51 PM
Test shows Mobil Super 3000 5W40 beats Mobil1 0W40
by DrRoughneck
Today at 04:34 PM
A show for the neighborhood
by HawkeyeScott
Today at 04:29 PM
Napa Gold 7356 5K mi
by Jason_Michaels
Today at 04:15 PM
Cut Open: Beck/Arnley(?) 8072
by robertcope
Today at 02:56 PM
WWII Aircraft Recognition Quiz (not easy !!)
by LoneRanger
Today at 02:53 PM
Newest Members
coolcars, CorvusCorax, DecaturPure, Goatflogger, Fordson
60572 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (901Memphis, Bandito440, Astro14, 1977c10phxdriver, 4WD, 9 invisible), 1814 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60572 Members
66 Forums
261282 Topics
4310004 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by 901Memphis @ 9 seconds ago

They definitely use a higher treat rate of additives with the M1.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: 3 year old oil by kmrcstintn @ 1 minute 47 seconds ago

in a few weeks I take possession of a leftover 2013 Genuine Buddy 125 scooter; this shop chooses to change out factory fill oil and replace with conventional 10w-40 pcmo; they say the scoots coming out of China have very poor oil (smells like fish) a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Is this Vinyl siding crack dangerous? by maverickfhs @ 3 minutes 6 seconds ago

Guys, I noticed this crack on my external vinyl siding on one of the wall. It's less than 6 inches long, I guess? Is this dangerous or no need to worry about it? Thanks for the help
Jump to new posts Re: Test shows Mobil Super 3000 5W40 beats Mobil1 0W40 by SirTanon @ 4 minutes 37 seconds ago

looks a heck of a lot like the typical Timken "one arm bandit" test to me.. I didn't trust it when DuraLube used it in their ad, I didn't trust it when ProLong used it in their ads.. .. and I don't trust it here.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: WWII Aircraft Recognition Quiz (not easy !!) by Astro14 @ 5 minutes 6 seconds ago

38 out of 49 I've seen many of them, but a few were quite obscure!
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: ATF smelled like fish by john_pifer @ 7 minutes 48 seconds ago

Yeah, ATF stinks, but gear oil smells worse. More sulfur.
Jump to new posts Re: SuperTech motor oil by barkingspider @ 9 minutes 30 seconds ago

I used supertech syn oil up until I started getting clearance oil which is a ton cheaper than ST
Jump to new posts Re: Why would anyone use 10w-30 when 5w-30 same price? by john_pifer @ 10 minutes 58 seconds ago

I use PPPP 10W-30 in my 2016 Subaru WRX because a member here brought it to my attention that it has one of the best NOACK ratings of any oil, regardless of price. Before Pennzoil quit publishing NOACK on the MSDS, it was listed at 4.7%. Oil stabil
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Bought another CTS-V. by clinebarger @ 14 minutes 36 seconds ago

NICE, Congrats!!!
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need front driveshaft advice for a WJ 4.0 by JeepWJ19 @ 18 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydHeh, Heh I bought a pair of Spicer U-joints for the Rat. Grease-able of course. When I was kid there were zerks everywhere on a car. Blah, blah. blah. And I used to walk 6 miles uphill through the snow to wor
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on MS HM and M1 HM by 4WD @ 24 minutes 51 seconds ago

Think they are comparable - I liked the HTHS on M1 10w30 HM and have in 5.3L for first time - seemed the rear seal was seeping a bit faster ...
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Exide Batteries by CR94 @ 30 minutes 19 seconds ago

Every Johnson Controls battery I ever had (with various brand names attached) leaked and made the green or white "fuzz" prolifically. The Exide I bought for $40 at Rural King in 2013 did not, in the same car.
Jump to new posts E85 affects on Oil by Mathew_Boss @ 32 minutes 20 seconds ago

Does anyone know of a UOA where E85 was mostly run? I was wondering if it affects wear or oil?
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by 4WD @ 32 minutes 47 seconds ago

This has to be the Annual Protection someone found an MSDS on lately ...
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: MC FL-400S $2.77 Wal Mart by car51 @ 34 minutes 0 seconds ago

You're welcome sir
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Recommendations for atf fluid in '02 Focus ZX5. by barkingspider @ 34 minutes 41 seconds ago

I would use castrol transmax Dex/Merc or maxlife, whichever is less expensive. I never used lubregard so cannot comment on it
Jump to new posts Re: i drank the cool aid by meborder @ 35 minutes 0 seconds ago

5.4 3v Only engine offered they year, so I usually forget to mention it. Yeah, I dont know what the deal is, but it just doesn't appear to be wearing well.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Something like the Microgreen by kschachn @ 47 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UncleDaveIm not certain Id characterize a 1MZ-FE as a "gear driven" valve train. A timing belt connects the crank to the exhaust camshafts, then the intake cam is driven off exhaust cam. I didn't say valve train, o
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: need help from the collective by clinebarger @ 59 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: turtlevette https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8dIYWYkGgT9UklQeklDQW5JUXc/view?usp=drivesdk I've got a whole notebook full of comps. The NADA guide does not distinguish the 301 from the 400. I can make them average the CCC
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: HVAC Actuator Fix... by earlyre @ Today at 08:59 PM

Here's Photos of the Dorman replacement unit out of my Sable(which broke after a year, and was replaced with an official motorcraft part)
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Auto-Rx-Plus by FranzX3M @ Today at 08:57 PM

I just recently got rid of my 2004 Vue with the Honda V6 with 200k miles. Engine is great. Also has a Honda trany which can be fickle so change the trany fluid often. I had no issues with my trany. You also need to replace the timing belt every
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Arex Rex Zero 1 by Robenstein @ Today at 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisOriginally Posted By: john_piferLooking forward to hearing your impressions of your new "Sig P226 Improved"...aka...AREX Rex Zero One! I found some discussion indicating its based on the cz99 which dates
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w40 FS; 4,800 miles; '12 VW Tiguan 2.0t by Quattro Pete @ Today at 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: 4WDIs that a reflection of the total additives ... ? Yes, the more additives, the higher the SA level, more or less. Not necessarily, Amsoil 5W30 that is approved fo
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Ford Fusion 200,000K evaluation by Diesel16 @ Today at 08:51 PM

Lol. I figured it was a typo after I had posted my response tig1.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: My new RAM Big Horn 4x4 by gregk24 @ Today at 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: dwcoppleOriginally Posted By: GasbuggyI would be interested to drive one with the 3.6. I like that engine. the Pentastar is spectacular. Imagine how much of a monster it feels like in our 200. Rocketship. Have you had a
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >