Yesterday at 05:00 PM
Interesting find: Petro Canada Duron XL 15W40
by alex_at
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Newest Members
Gunnman, jtoz, Jeff_Ferg, Kaiser, DanielStone
59229 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (asand1, Analyzer, Blkstanger, BlueOvalFitter, Camprunner, 2015_PSD, 3 invisible), 751 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59229 Members
66 Forums
255118 Topics
4191271 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valve Cover Gasket and Tranny Fluid Question by The Critic @ 2 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: THafeezOriginally Posted By: The Critic1) Use a OE gasket from the dealer and also apply RTV to the grooves on the mating surface. 2) Very little cleaning will be needed. Use brake clean to wipe the surface and a gentle scrape
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline VS Castrol VS OEM BMW by Kaiser @ 3 minutes 50 seconds ago

From my side I change oil Evert 10000km no matter if using LL01 Or LLO4. You've said the oils with lot of sulfated ashes provide more protection?
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Found a use for the Lubegard Biotech/0w20 Edge by KingCake @ 17 minutes 12 seconds ago

delete your account
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I really hate people on craigslist by Blkstanger @ 23 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JMJNetOriginally Posted By: BlkstangerI sold my 1999 Ford Ranger on Craigslist a year and a half ago. Just the other day I get a voice mail from the guy that bought it. He was asking when the last time that I changed the spark p
Jump to new posts Re: Engine Oi Tips for all buddies out here by Shannow @ Today at 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: davison0976Another consideration with thicker oil is how quickly it drains back to the pan while engine is warming up. Reduced flow of thicker oil can cause temporary oil starvation. Seen it often ? Only way for that to be r
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Finished my posi install by zeng @ Today at 12:50 AM

Originally Posted By: buck91Originally Posted By: zengOriginally Posted By: buck91I could not produce ANY end play on the carrier measuring with my dial indicator. 0.006 inch is a bit tight , but I believe it should be fine. Are you not concerned ab
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Nitride vs Hard Chrome as a bore treatment? by Robenstein @ Today at 12:46 AM

Indeed. Parkerizing works like a sponge of sorts and holds the oil. Personally I never cared for it as a finish as it tends to wear pretty easily. Now it does work well with some of the spray on coatings (Duracoat for instance) like a primer of sorts
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Mirror Bright Polishing Wax by Malo83 @ Today at 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: SavagePatchFound a YouTube video showing that it's a liquid wax that you pour out of the bottle. I bet that gets messy and hard to get the right amount onto the applicator. https://youtu.be/ZDpvdakygCw Messy? waxed any ve
Jump to new posts Re: O2 sensors needed for closed loop? by B320i @ Today at 12:39 AM

They are needed for "closed-loop" since the O2 provides feedback from the exhaust about how the mixture is affecting the emissions. I speculation I heard, however, is that your vehicle will enter open-loop if you accelerate particularly har
Jump to new posts Re: New Spark Plugs in 2010 Accord by jorton @ Today at 12:32 AM

That spot in the last pic is interesting. I read the arc location is on the corner or edge of the ground strap. Are the corners or edges worn/rounded off on the old plugs?
Jump to new posts Re: Whats in your oil stash? by demarpaint @ Today at 12:21 AM

Currently in the stash: 8 5 qt. jugs PU 5W30 6 qts. PU 5W30 4 qts. AFE 0W30 1 5 qt. jug AFE 0W30 3 qts. Havoline 5W30 dino 3 qts. Mobil 1 0W40 5 qts. Mobil 1 TDT 5W40 The 0W40 was a yard sale score, and the 5W40 was a going out of business score. I
Jump to new posts Re: Does conventional oil protect better? by BrocLuno @ Yesterday at 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: carock Sorry I can't produce conclusive results showing that your 1996 Toyota Camry would have gone 600,000 miles with synthetics versus 350,000 miles with dino oil. That test takes too dang long. I won't live to see the results
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to teach someone to drive stick... by Silk @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

BMC's had Austin drivelines, the last Morris engines would've been in the 4/44. The A block was used in the A30, and an early version of the B block in the A40, it was refined a bit to become the real B block. I took the early 1200 out of my A40 pi
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 MGM.How Many Quarts For Trans Pan Drop? by Nyogtha @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Lubegard's chart shows 5 qts. & 4R70W for model years 96-05 with 4.6L V8.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation by Marco620 @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Redline 5w30 sounds great in your app. Its hard on cats but since yours were either stolen/never put on from factory(wink) you dont have to worry about the high zinc. Redline was in my Hyundai Accent once in 5w30 and it was too quiet. I should have
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for high-miles 2009 Hyundai Accent? by Marco620 @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Run QS Defy 5w30. Its got the gamma motor I think. I had a 12 Accent and ran Pennzoil Synthetic 5w30 year round. In the manual of 2012 it says 5w20,5w30 ,or 10w30 can be used. During extremely hot weather and with AutoZone clearance I bought a lot of
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Filters back on the shelf at Walmart by Nyogtha @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

^^Can you numerically quantify "most" - preferably with citations / links showing source data?
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: U-Verse Elite (6Mbps) by Marco620 @ Yesterday at 11:24 PM

I used to have cable basic net at 5 down/1 up and after I bought my Docsis 3 SB6120 in 2010 and made my IP Static, my gaming was better. Never did wifi,only Cat 6e cable and it was fine. Ran better after 10pm and it was only awful when xbox and PlayS
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 3 series reliability? by MCompact @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW He said, he said, he said... A whole lot of bullsh!t! You don't need to go to the dealer for an E9x battery. You DO have a temperature warning for water and oil. Yellow indicates there is a problem and you should
Jump to new posts Re: Does a notchy shift equal wear? by Marco620 @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Notchy can mean MTF fluid is shot or Synchro is acting up. I did a 1 to 1 in my Sunfire SE of GM Synchromesh and Redline MTL and is smoothed right out. The next time I did 2 MTL and it was better but not 50 percent better. I think just changing it o
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Want to use MMO to clean neglected engine.Confused by Ohle_Manezzini @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

The best Imo? Cooked and esterified Sheep's wool grease! I saw a bunch of the testimoneys
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Home Phone Line Wiring Problems by Vikas @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Eureka! Looks like ONT block has developed internal short. This is going to be fun convincing the Verizon FIOS technician. I hooked up unused pair green in to the ONT block. Now the green pair shows the 20 ohm on the jack. Take out the green pai
Jump to new posts Re: Broken bolt from brake caliper Buick Park Ave by tomcat27 @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

yes, a new bracket should be cheap
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: chinese filter by tomcat27 @ Yesterday at 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: car51Obviously no one here took a gander at the Parts Plus Filter I posted a few days ago. I saw it. thanks for posting! looked like a decent enough filter...
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone 6->iPhone 7 for $20 by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: HokiefydWe've found family plans to have huge value. We have five devices sharing 6 GB/month (and we really use only about 4 GB combined), and the 6 GB/month costs $70. Split among each of the five devices, it's just $14/month
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >