Yesterday at 05:32 PM
2003 Honda Odyssey PITA cabin A/F
by wemay
Yesterday at 05:21 PM
Newest Members
Secret_Squirrel, Volvo25T, Barney52, billk2002, Brian26
60268 Registered Users
Who's Online
17 registered (bbhero, doolah02, Brolly, Black_Thunder, dec219644, 1 invisible), 853 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60268 Members
66 Forums
259986 Topics
4285715 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Body Damage - Preferable to Repair or Replace hood by DuckRyder @ 6 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 99SaturnOriginally Posted By: DuckRyderDepends on the severity of the damage and location.This isn't the car, but this is the approximate location, the area here is sunk in, probably about 8 inches wide by 4 inches vertical.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wal Mart Car Battery Value Power $48.88 Any Good? by Black_Thunder @ 22 minutes 57 seconds ago

tried one in my dad's truck last year when the interstate in it took a dump. battery was bad off the shelf, barely started the truck after we put it in, thought it was just because of the cold. the battery didn't hold 12 volts unless a charger wa
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: dexos 1 and long drain capability by SteveSRT8 @ 24 minutes 29 seconds ago

The GM OLM as applied to V8's only has been proven to be extremely accurate. And it is watching many data points, not just hours or miles. It even takes in our stationary operations perfectly. And it is surprisingly consistent as long as the operatin
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Question about used 2009 Prius Hybrid? by DuckRyder @ 32 minutes 41 seconds ago

I will add the following: If the owner has recorded any maintenance on the Toyota Owner site that was not done at a Toyota dealer, it will not transfer over. Get him to print it for you or get the receipts so your friend can record it again. The To
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: To change or not to change? by thunderfog @ 41 minutes 38 seconds ago

Nice signature oils.
Jump to new posts Re: Rural King Oil by Indyvwhonda @ 59 minutes 43 seconds ago

Citgo?
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Should I use this for analysis? by MrQuackers @ Today at 03:29 AM

Just poke the ADBV and collect the oil.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil1 vs. Veedol Syntron by weasley @ Today at 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: devarshi84Can't we Know from the PDS if the oil is actually good enough and just not licensed for approval? No.
Jump to new posts heat transfer/ transfer of heat by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 03:10 AM

Is it the density of the metal (how heavy it is for a given mass) that affects a metal's ability to transfer heat within itself? Like this, Say I take two frying pans. I connect them side-to-side via a plate of the same metal. I turn the stovetop
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Farewell Crazyoildude ! by Garak @ Today at 03:05 AM

That's too bad. He'll be missed. Next time I'm gingerly piercing the foil seal on a jug of Delvac 1 (I'm no fan of these darned seals), I'll think of him.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendation, 2005 Honda CRV 2.4 110k miles. by Indyvwhonda @ Today at 02:56 AM

Whatever is on sale... 5w-20... conventional... cheap (of course I mean an actual oil that meets common specs, not just universal brown fluid)
Engine Oil Filters
Well, I'll be! The Uni-Select store I favour has two walls full of Wix, so I never went asking beyond that.
Which application? Assuming your Armada, for instance, doesn't have any manual wording that differs from every other Nissan/Infiniti product, you could get away with Delvac 1 LE 5w-30, Shell Rotella T6 5w-30 Multi-Vehicle, or Chevron Delo LE 5w-30.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil consumption and the end of an OCI by Garak @ Today at 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacekso, my theory is, when piston oil holes plug up (with oil age and/or abuse), fresh oil (or better oil flush or piston soak) will clean the oil ring groove, but the rings will stuck up with the aging oil again if th
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Originally Posted By: mbacfpIf memory services me correct...says 10w-30 normal use...5w-40 for severe service (as defined above)...15w-40 If running Bio Diesel. What's the manual recommendation if you're towing and running biodiesel at the same time,
Computers
Currently using a Gigabyte P35-DS3L that i bought new in May 2008. Almost 9 years later, 2 CPU changes (They did not die, i just upgraded them), 3 dead GPUs, 3 dead PSUs, 1 Dead RAM and this thing is still running like it was the first day. Insane.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Educate me on BMW oil specs by Garak @ Today at 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: edyvwYeah, it would be good if BMW or Shell posts some numbers. Specs, or pricing? Specs are at the normal Shell place, for the 5w-30 A3/B4.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 F1 Fuel Changes by Garak @ Today at 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: JC1I wonder what a gallon of that race fuel costs! I suppose it depends how you look at it. From a materials standpoint, it's supposed to be something very, very similar to premium pump gasoline, with nothing exotic, and someth
Jump to new posts Re: 5.3 Vortec Starting to Burn Oil by MuzzleFlash40 @ Today at 01:55 AM

There are a lot of oil burning issues with the 2007-2013 5.3 with cylinder deactivation. Take a look at the Silverado forums.
Engine Oil Filters
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: IzbIt is very interesting to compare PSID of synthetic oil filters (Amsoil, Royal Purple, Fram) and semi-synthetic (Mobil-1). How much is the difference? 1x(=no difference), 2x, 4x? Here's a graph
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Brake sliders pin grease? by dk1604 @ Today at 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: wymi516Opinions on this lube: Permatex The purple Permatex stuff caused the rubber bushing on the tip of my Subaru's slide pin to swell. You can see the bushing I'm referring to in your Amazon link - fifth picture down, ju
Jump to new posts Re: I have too much oil by Kuato @ Today at 12:26 AM

Yes, just stop buying it.
Jump to new posts Re: A little confused. by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: barryhOriginally Posted By: FordCapriDriverWell if you have an oil that meets for example ACEA A3/B4 it will most likely have a high [email protected] for it's grade and a high HTHS viscosity aswell. 5W40 Helix Ultra is A3/B4 and has a
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: VW G-055-540-A2 vs G-052-540-A2 in Aisin 09G Gen2 by Tom777 @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Hey lucaq, So which fluid did u end up using? Did you have since the change? Thank tou very much!
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why changing trans fluid is so critical by WhizkidTN @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Back in the summer, I had my wife's '14 Nissan Rogue's CVT (AWD) serviced at the dealer for the ATF change. This was about at 30K miles. While the manual says I could go 60K before changing it the first time, the service manager stated that they ha
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 ... 23 24 >