by SmrtJustin
Today at 10:18 AM
Ecopia with a front bulge
by nicholas
Today at 09:22 AM
How Do Univ. ATF's Meet Many Specs.?
by doitmyself
Today at 08:30 AM
Berkeley Professor arrested for Assault.
by pbm
Today at 07:28 AM
Oroville Dam Spillway Webcam
by Danno
Today at 06:28 AM
RA Clearance Oil Filters.
by dlundblad
Today at 06:22 AM
Where part store parts are made and by who
by ram_man
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Isn't it sad they can't predict the weather?
by motor_oil_madman
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
recirculation mode makes ac last longer?
by motor_oil_madman
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Newest Members
DannyWatts, TX_1821, TwoDogs, AoS810, DaytonDennis
61669 Registered Users
Who's Online
73 registered (2oldtommy, 74Scout, Anduril, 5AcresAndAFool, albenjoseph, 2015_PSD, 10 invisible), 2422 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61669 Members
66 Forums
265639 Topics
4390079 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by K23Turbo @ 05/22/17 10:31 PM

2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR 45XXX miles 5xxx miles/8 months OCI Out: Amsoil XL 5W30 Fram Ultra filter In: Amsoil XL 5W30 KN Pro filter
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The most misspelled oil on BITOG by Garak @ 05/22/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: wemayNot Magnetic, Magnatech or Magnatic. Maybe Wayne could temporarily add those versions to the swear filter. At least we'd get a laugh out of it.
General and Off Topic
I have no problem when someone's already in the intersection and moving along. I'm not the guy peering over my shoulder to watch the arrow stop and get ready to hit the gas at the earliest possible nanosecond when the light changes, and have a perfe
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: BEWARE: Toyota OEM YZZ filters undersized by Gokhan @ 05/22/17 10:27 PM

Yes, most oversized options will be have to be larger lengthwise than the standard size, although there is still some small room for the gasket diameter from the standard size.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Civic Hatch 1.5T FF UAO by parshisa @ 05/22/17 10:25 PM

Well, I guess I can throw in the trash can my plans for 12K OCI with Amsoil. Given how fast it gets diluted I'll have to change it every 3K or so. State of art Honda engine
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Kia Optima by SF0059 @ 05/22/17 10:24 PM

The sorting out of the GDI system would be my only concern with that car. Get a car with a sorted out DI system... time to look at a Mazda 6. Then again, I'm biased .
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Let's talk Stanley cup by Garak @ 05/22/17 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ndfergyGarak: Eberle's a tough call. I'm sure they'd be less hesitant to trade him if he was making 2-3 million less. 6 million for a 3rd line roll is too much especially with his defensive woes. That would probably be it. His
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Need an (almost) heat resistant gear oil? by oldhp @ 05/22/17 10:23 PM

Dull blades? Too much PTO HP?
Jump to new posts Motor oil for Turbo going uphill by Carguy21 @ 05/22/17 10:22 PM

Our automotive market here in Dominican Rep is very similar to the US one in terms of available vehicle models and motor oil brands. Now we are getting the new CR-V (made in USA) with the 1.5T engine which calls for 0w-20 motor oil. HGMO full syn an
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 GMC Terrain- oil and fuel dilution by oldhp @ 05/22/17 10:21 PM

Sounds like high pressure fuel pump might be leaking, common on these engines. You might go to 10W30 next oil change, the 2.4 Eco's are hard on oil, shearing, oil dilution etc.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: entering canada with driving record by Garak @ 05/22/17 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: KestasI believe Canada refuses people with DUIs. Can someone verify? Generally, yes, or at least it does tend to happen. That's a Criminal Code charge in Canada, and we're vigilante about letting in potential impaired drivers.
European and Import Motor Oils
Looks like the M1 is treating your car well. Silicon looks a little high, but the engine is still newish and it does not seem to have had a negative effect on your UOA. Nice work, thanks for the post!
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Refinish my one wheel? by gregk24 @ 05/22/17 10:18 PM

So the shop damaged them? That would NOT fly with me. Whenever my vehicles have been damaged by a shop / dealer I quickly bring it to their attention. Most times they try to resolve the issue, but one shop blew me off. That was a poor move on their p
Jump to new posts Re: Lube choices for 2014 Accord 3.5 liter J35Y1 by Linctex @ 05/22/17 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe That they do. Mine made it to around 573k on dealership bulk oil changes per the OLM at 7-9k before I took over doing the oil changes on it. Sweet! I wonder what swill they were buying at 1,000 gallons at a time.
Jump to new posts Re: Civic Hatch 1.5T FF UAO by SF0059 @ 05/22/17 10:17 PM

Plan on using Polaris next time... I'm going to switch soon due to their ability to find fuel via gas chromatography instead of flashpoint as @Danh stated. Dollars to donuts Polaris shows noticeable fuel dilution.
Jump to new posts Re: Civic Hatch 1.5T FF UAO by Danh @ 05/22/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: parshisaoh my....but how in the [censored] Blackstone doesn't see any fuel in the sample? I mean, miss by 1-2% can be explained...but traces found instead of more than 5% dilution (based on how much I was able to drain)???? Bl
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Just ordered my 8th router in 2 years by Linctex @ 05/22/17 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL I also third the suggestion for keeping this kind of gear on a UPS. Power can definitely be a factor in lifespan and reliability. Why would it matter? Most are 12VDC & are operated off of a switching power sup
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram Ultra on diesel tractor? by Jim_Truett @ 05/22/17 10:11 PM

I'm running Rotella T6 and Fram XG7317 for the Mitsubishi Diesel in my Mahindra.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Honda Pilot-oil filter advice? by SF0059 @ 05/22/17 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntzFram Ultra, available in cartons of six on EBay for about $6 per filter. Recommended for up to 15K miles by manufacturer. I use them in my Honda Ridgeline. +1 - I run Ultras in my Odyssey with the same VCM engine.
Jump to new posts Re: 2010 GMC Terrain- oil and fuel dilution by The_Eric @ 05/22/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TmanPI'd say that I'd use a Dexos rated oil, as that's what GM requires. It's my understanding that most of what Dexos is about- dealing with longer drains and the issues with them. Since I'm recommending a 3500 mile OCI, th
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Just ordered my 8th router in 2 years by OVERKILL @ 05/22/17 10:04 PM

Spend a few more bucks and buy some business grade gear. Consumer junk is always a [censored] shoot. Sometimes it'll last until obsolescence, sometimes it becomes a flaky piece of junk well before it should. While DD-WRT and its ilk are a great updat
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: entering canada with driving record by FastLane @ 05/22/17 10:03 PM

Just call and ask. I doubt its an issue. Leave your guns at home. DUI doesn't go over well. Just don't lie. I cross the border all the time. Don't lie and treat the border guard with respect. It always goes well on either side of the border.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: VOA Shell Rotella T6 May 2017 by Garak @ 05/22/17 10:03 PM

Nice, thanks for doing the comparison for us.
Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO
Jump to new posts Re: CK-4 RT6: What have they done? by Garak @ 05/22/17 10:02 PM

That's probably what happened; they compared it to their CJ-4 samples, and there's confusion. I guess we have to wait and see if more VOAs get done. I'd like to see a VOA on Shell Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5w-30. But first, I'd actually have to see
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Shopping for new riding mower, John Deere? by cronk @ 05/22/17 10:02 PM

I honestly think the JD units are the best of the cheap home owner mowers. The frame and steering is well designed. The decks are good quality and cut nice. Very well ergonomics and comfort. Much of the hydro transmission problems can be avoided with
Page 130 of 238 < 1 2 ... 128 129 130 131 132 ... 237 238 >