by RamFan
33 minutes 39 seconds ago
Oil change kits on Amazon.
by Black_Thunder
Today at 03:08 AM
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Oil Consumption
by dilberto88
Today at 01:58 AM
Replaced the high pressure power steering hose.
by wtd
Today at 01:00 AM
Shell X-100 back?
by goldenpony
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Just purchased a 2017 Nissan Armada AWD. 1st OC
by Nicasio
Yesterday at 09:26 PM
Welcome to the Hyve
by 2015_PSD
Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Castrol Edge and Edge HM info
by jarad248
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
'08 BMW 328xi, Castrol EDGE 5W30, 10.4k mi OCI
by grumpyoldman
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Four Cities to ban diesel vehicles by 2025
by sprite1741
Yesterday at 07:18 PM
Gena, Where's The Ultra At?
by Carbide
Yesterday at 06:47 PM
EFS files and dirs on Win10
by spackard
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
Newest Members
BriNord, savana, dcd882, Vinewood, GBJ
59765 Registered Users
Who's Online
60 registered (2015_PSD, AIRJAC3, barryh, Alex_V, andyd, Axe Man, 7 invisible), 1332 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59765 Members
66 Forums
257770 Topics
4240058 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: German engineering woes by Nickdfresh @ 11/29/16 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxlePablum. The Army actually tested a T-34 (the later 34/85 version), and "underwhelmed" was an understatement. Even in 1945, the Soviets lost more tanks than the Germans. Many T-34s left the factory with serio
European and Import Motor Oils
Originally Posted By: BvanderhaarOriginally Posted By: edyvw I am not fan of mixing oils if it is not absolutely necessary. That being said, I am not sure you would do any damage but would not run full OCI. Those two oils have completely different b
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: LL-01 OK to mix Edge 0w40 (Ti) with Edge 5w40? by Bvanderhaar @ 11/29/16 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: BvanderhaarOriginally Posted By: edyvw I am not fan of mixing oils if it is not absolutely necessary. That being said, I am not sure you would do any damage but would not run full OCI. Those two oi
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by dx92beater @ 11/29/16 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DonaldIf its consuming oil, then its not a seal problem, its probably the oil control ring which is crudded up. If its dripping oil then it could be a seal. Most people fix the gaskets or seals that are causing an issue except
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-30 is the new THICK oil by dblshock @ 11/29/16 09:55 PM

Sure, I had a rental '16 Cherokee brand new shifted 256 times per mile in urban commutes.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: no spill gas can by Geauxtiger @ 11/29/16 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Originally Posted By: Geauxtiger Update: Actually, if anyone considers purchasing some of the vents, then these from Ebay are the way to go. They have a retaining lip to prevent the caps from slipping back out of the c
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Maxlife for '03 BMW 530i? by KenO @ 11/29/16 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sam_JulierOriginally Posted By: KenOI have an '03 530i with the 5 speed zf slushbox. I just bought 6 quarts of Pentosin ATF1 thru my Worldpac account, but I noticed Maxlife also carries the correct BMW approval. I use Maxlife in
Jump to new posts Re: fast idle for extended time by 69GTX @ 11/29/16 09:52 PM

As often as you can swing it, I'd run the truck around the roads whether permitting to get the oil hot. In the cold weather I'd probably block much of the radiator to aid reaching higher oil temps...sooner. Frequent cold starts while not making it
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by Donald @ 11/29/16 09:51 PM

If its consuming oil, then its not a seal problem, its probably the oil control ring which is crudded up. If its dripping oil then it could be a seal. Most people fix the gaskets or seals that are causing an issue except maybe the rear main. But i
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-30 is the new THICK oil by dx92beater @ 11/29/16 09:50 PM

Love this thread.
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by dx92beater @ 11/29/16 09:48 PM

....because bobistheoilguy..... I'd really like to know the answers to these questions guys. Planning my next step super carefully....or maybe not at all. Hey jayg, how has that Pennzoil HM 10-40 working out for you in the Land Cruiser? Never noti
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: German engineering woes by Jarlaxle @ 11/29/16 09:47 PM

Pablum. The Army actually tested a T-34 (the later 34/85 version), and "underwhelmed" was an understatement. Even in 1945, the Soviets lost more tanks than the Germans. Many T-34s left the factory with serious problems: bad welds, bad el
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: no spill gas can by Donald @ 11/29/16 09:47 PM

I'll repeat, think safety gas cans in any attached garage. Five gallons of gas in a plastic gas can could make a tiny easy-to-put-out fire a huge burn-your-house-down fire easily.
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by jayg @ 11/29/16 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SilverC6Stay the course with whatever you are doing. Why change something that's working well. x2
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by Nickdfresh @ 11/29/16 09:42 PM

Don't you have enough threads on this? Don't overthink it...
Jump to new posts Re: -40 oil pour test by jayg @ 11/29/16 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: BluestreamOriginally Posted By: jayg It's obvious that Supertech conventional doesn't flow as well as M1 at extreme cold temps. Yeah, no kidding. But why not show Supertech conventional in the same bottle to show a more real
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: airaid oiled or dry by CR94 @ 11/29/16 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen... Some of the recording gauges go as high as 30 inches and as low as 10. Vacuum gauges go as low as 5 inches and up to 30. ... Vacuum gauges are conventionally graduated in units of inches of mercury, not inches of
Jump to new posts Re: fast idle for extended time by UnclePeco @ 11/29/16 09:36 PM

I don't see any harm. It's working as designed.
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage oil rookie questions.... by SilverC6 @ 11/29/16 09:35 PM

Stay the course with whatever you are doing. Why change something that's working well.
Jump to new posts Re: Question about Kendall motor oil by Nickdfresh @ 11/29/16 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ChiTDIWith an HTO-6 spec, it has to be a synthetic, no? At $13 a qt. on Amazon it better be!
Jump to new posts Re: 5W-30 is the new THICK oil by mjoekingz28 @ 11/29/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: dblshockWant to sell cars in the U.S.? CAFE is regulation, here's the reason your told to use light 0/20 oil... 'If the average fuel economy of a manufacturer's annual fleet of vehicle production falls below the applicable req
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Online pharmacy info needed please by Jimmy9190 @ 11/29/16 09:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies. So far the planetdrugdirect.com looks legit however they do not accept Visa or Mastercard, they prefer you to use your checking account online for payment. I am not comfortable at all with that. They do take American Expre
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: BITOG Silencer/Suppressor?? by AZjeff @ 11/29/16 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatime Was there an on duty ATF agent or other federal agent that enforces federal laws, that witnessed the events? Was the guy notified that his behavior was considered illegal by decree of some ATF bureaucrat? And then af
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Correct way to disconnect battery? by ChiTDI @ 11/29/16 09:24 PM

The current is not the only danger. Leaking sulfuric acid being trapped in a closed area can produce an unpleasant surprise when someone sparks a positive battery cable.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: German engineering woes by Nickdfresh @ 11/29/16 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle The T-34 was a pile. There, I said it. It was a bad tank with an overblown reputation. It was a thrown-together, poorly-built contraption with dreadful build quality, terrible optics, a 2-man turret (the commander w
Page 115 of 243 < 1 2 ... 113 114 115 116 117 ... 242 243 >