Recent Topics
Zinc oils/additives in newer vehicles.
by Hellbird
02/21/17 03:42 PM
97 Ram turn signals quit but flashers work???
by callbay
02/21/17 03:40 PM
Why UPS trucks (almost) never turn left
by Quattro Pete
02/21/17 03:28 PM
Who here has the highest mileage Corolla?
by grampi
02/21/17 03:23 PM
new fuel treatment
by gotnogunk
02/21/17 03:08 PM
FRAM PH30 Cut Open
by HX520W
02/21/17 02:52 PM
FRAM TG3614 Cut Open
by HX520W
02/21/17 02:32 PM
videos 4 latest military planes R interesting.
by OneEyeJack
02/21/17 02:30 PM
Bosch Premium oil filter
by Andyge
02/21/17 02:13 PM
Cover for sun visor?
by paulri
02/21/17 02:05 PM
Oil pan damage from dirt road tire ruts?
by motor_oil_madman
02/21/17 01:42 PM
2014 RAM 1500 3.6l V6 oil spec
by SavagePatch
02/21/17 01:31 PM
SuperTech High Mileage 5w30?
by 2012AccentSE
02/21/17 01:25 PM
Who has a propane generator??
by Donald
02/21/17 01:04 PM
Higher viscosity & higher wear?
by Vlad_the_Russian
02/21/17 12:20 PM
KTM LC4 Toilet Paper Filter
by DoubleWasp
02/21/17 12:15 PM
What happened to my thread?
by Lolvoguy
02/21/17 10:36 AM
Careless assembly of a factory Camaro V6?
by Ed_Flecko
02/21/17 10:30 AM
Hot water
by supton
02/21/17 10:11 AM
Best paint for wrought-iron railings
by Exit32
02/21/17 10:05 AM
Newest Members
Balou, benkovic, Jetfccrew, John7109, trentreznor321
60593 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (2cool, 97f150, 2oldtommy, B320i, 15 invisible), 2318 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60593 Members
66 Forums
261376 Topics
4311468 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by car51 @ 5 seconds ago

I don't have a smartphone either, just a DELL laptop
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: KTM LC4 Toilet Paper Filter by Ducked @ 6 minutes 59 seconds ago

Don't understand that picture: Some oil on the inside and none elsewhere. How'd that happen? You assemble it and then take it apart again before using?
Penetrating Oils/Cleaners/Solvents
Jump to new posts Re: home door lock lubricant by DBMaster @ 7 minutes 17 seconds ago

I've used this for a long time. I recommend it without reservation. Lock-Ease In fact, I need to get myself a can. I had the last one for so many years the propellant leaked from the can. One little spray can will last ten years, easily.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Careless assembly of a factory Camaro V6? by bullwinkle @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

It was dropped pretty hard-it actually BOUNCED off the main bearings when it was released! Fortunately the mains seem to be able to take more abuse than most internal engine parts, usually the rings are gone or there's a rod chucked through a block b
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Zinc oils/additives in newer vehicles. by CT8 @ 8 minutes 40 seconds ago

It is nice that you are running the Hellcat out of the Hellcat. I would wonder is the extra zinc is needed with the roller cam. What do the guys that pump up the motor run? Tighter clearances,tolerances are the allowed variation of the clearances FYI
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cover for sun visor? by DBMaster @ 9 minutes 37 seconds ago

Maybe something like this? http://www.autozone.com/dash-covers-headliners-and-visor/visor-replacement
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: New Lubes / CLP's You Want To Try In 2017 ? by bubbatime @ 13 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GenSanSo far I'm liking Weapon Shield.... and a Sig P226 Legion 9mm. That Sig needs grease, not oil. Unless you live in the arctic circle. And yes, Weaponshield is one of the better lubes on the market.
Jump to new posts Re: Who here has the highest mileage Corolla? by Rolla07 @ 14 minutes 30 seconds ago

My goal is to get to that point. What have you done to keep it going?
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by CT8 @ 14 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Brybo86Thread is worthless without pics. This is 2017 and everyone has a smartphone, take a pic! I don't have a smart phone I have a hand me down from the kids.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: FRAM PH30 Cut Open by CT8 @ 18 minutes 36 seconds ago

The orange stuff looks like RTV.Restoring a car is two hours of crying for every hour of wrenching.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dry scratchy throat remedies ? by pbm @ 19 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: totegoatThinking about Michael Douglass, if it persists, better see a Dr. At least Mike enjoyed what made him sick....
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by mjoekingz28 @ 21 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FlyingTexanThey might as well put "Guaranteed for 1 million miles however follow your manufactures recommendations" Good UP TO the life of the car?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to my thread? by pbm @ 21 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceSome people contact mods saying they are butt hurt and demand your thread gets shut down. Yeah...'Snowflakes' are so sensitive....and INTOLERANT of different opinions...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: KTM LC4 Toilet Paper Filter by CT8 @ 22 minutes 24 seconds ago

A 1290 Duke?
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by ZeeOSix @ 26 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixIs there any proof that there isn't a useful correlation between the anti-wear test that Rat does vs what the auto industry does? Another of your cart/horse inversion problems... Is there a
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Who has a propane generator?? by CT8 @ 27 minutes 13 seconds ago

Air or water cooled engine? Air cooled engines work on the gas vapor taken from the top of the tank, Water cooled engines have water heated vaporizers that run off of Liquid propane taken from the bottom of the tank. So as the temp drops the coolant
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: M1 0w40 FS; 4,800 miles; '12 VW Tiguan 2.0t by edyvw @ 30 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Quattro PeteI still have my doubts that this amsoil has SA under 0.8%. I guess my doubts were unfounded. Apparently this Amsoil has SA content right at 0.8%. Nice job of being able to keep S
Oil Analysis - General Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Grease analysis? by MolaKule @ 30 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jolly_RogersI don't know if this is the correct forum but to the labs do grease analysis? I have small amounts or packets that I would like to check to find a larger quantity to buy. Joe And by looking at the results of the
Jump to new posts Re: Why UPS trucks (almost) never turn left by Sayjac @ 31 minutes 52 seconds ago

I've either seen this information on tv before or read about it. Occasionally when I'm waiting for an extended time to make a left, brings it to mind. Not surprised UPS studied it and puts it to use.
Jump to new posts Re: Oil pan damage from dirt road tire ruts? by dishdude @ 36 minutes 20 seconds ago

If you hit a rock or something embedded in the mud, it'll dent or even worse rip a hole right in the bottom of the pan. I'm sure they make a skid plate for your truck.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Zinc oils/additives in newer vehicles. by Camprunner @ 36 minutes 31 seconds ago

I wonder how M1 15w50 would do in this situation?
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline SYnpower 5w-20 vs Mobil 1 5w-20 by fdcg27 @ 38 minutes 47 seconds ago

M1 and Synpower have radically different add packs, as everyone already knows. I'd prefer any flavor of M1 for longer drains. OTOH, we do have a long-time engine builder here who reports that he sees both very clean internals and very low wear on eng
Jump to new posts Re: Valvoline SYnpower 5w-20 vs Mobil 1 5w-20 by dubber09 @ 40 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RegDunlopOriginally Posted By: dubber09IMHO, Mobil 1 0w-30 AFE may be a better choice in this case. Why? The oil isn't clearly labeled as extended OCI one but it is and with the additives pack it has is a good choice for som
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Who has a propane generator?? by Astro_Guy @ 41 minutes 11 seconds ago

A friend of mine has a 100 Kw generator powered by a V10 Ford motor. I believe it is supplied by a 1000 gallon tank. I recall him running the tank dry after two days of extended outage after a spring ice and snow storm. He ran another two or three
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cover for sun visor? by Tegger @ 41 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitI just typed in "sun visor covers" into Google and found lots of them. "Google"? What is this "Google" of which you speak?
Page 1 of 260 1 2 3 ... 259 260 >