Recent Topics
Wind Tree
by AirgunSavant
12/06/16 07:53 AM
Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Sig. series 5W-30
by Ian1982
12/06/16 07:51 AM
Go high mileage or just thicker viscosity?
by skaughtz
12/06/16 07:23 AM
Driving in the dark with no lights syndrome
by grampi
12/06/16 07:19 AM
Ordering Windshield Glass Online
by FFeng7
12/06/16 06:54 AM
Most INTERESTING NAME of a person you met.
by SumpChump
12/06/16 06:47 AM
Hengst 079198405A
by rooflessVW
12/06/16 04:10 AM
Newer "Doc" video
by DeepFriar
12/06/16 01:18 AM
OK XJ Owners... Weigh In
by Globalksp
12/05/16 10:52 PM
2 easy to get greases for home use: name them...
by NattyBoh
12/05/16 09:09 PM
2000 Toyota Corolla | Misfire codes, Tune Up Needs
by Globalksp
12/05/16 09:08 PM
Experience with Total Wireless (div. of TracFone)
by mrsilv04
12/05/16 09:07 PM
Newest Members
Glidez66, alvator, rotaxxx, WhizkidTN, splattttttt
59795 Registered Users
Who's Online
74 registered (b1amgm47, ABomb369, airwave, andyd, AirgunSavant, adrianp89, 9 invisible), 1497 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59795 Members
66 Forums
257933 Topics
4243226 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil burning Crown Victoria by BrocLuno @ 1 minute 17 seconds ago

Naw, it's about blue smoke and it's getting real lonely for us blue smokers. Can't hardly find one anymore Need to start a support group. Blue Smokers Anonymous (BSA - which they did too)
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wind Tree by andyd @ 3 minutes 35 seconds ago

I can buy a lot of regular electricty for 67.5 K $
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Sta-Bil OIL STABIZER needed for storage? by kschachn @ 4 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jarad248Troll speak does not diminish results in lab tests or real world applications... Ain't that the truth.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering Windshield Glass Online by Bgallagher @ 4 minutes 36 seconds ago

Do you know if it is covered by your car insurance? Mass regulates that all windshield replacement is free from the insurance provider. I see they have a lot of glass at rockauto. Probably the best price. Issue I had (even with my free replacemen
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Most INTERESTING NAME of a person you met. by HappyLittlePony @ 4 minutes 45 seconds ago

I was working in a hotel years ago and checked in a woman named Luva who at some point in her life had married a man named Hoarr. That's right, her name was Luva Hoarr.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Oil burning hemi by jeepman3071 @ 6 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rideahorseQuit running water in the crank case. Did you actually read the original post? It said he tried 5w30 and 5w40 as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Will FA-4 5W-30 be the ultimate 5W-30? by BrocLuno @ 7 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: slybundaso is this oil any good then for track use? I wouldn't ... You want a thin'ish track oil I'd consider Chevron Delo400 15W-30 Severe Duty (SD), or Motul 300V, or Redline.
Jump to new posts Re: Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Sig. series 5W-30 by AirgunSavant @ 7 minutes 47 seconds ago

Everybody will tell you Mobil 1 most likely I'd go with Amsoil only because I can get it easy and I really don't need a 12 pack ( Amazons easiest Schaffer deal)
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Experience with Total Wireless (div. of TracFone) by SEMI_287 @ 8 minutes 10 seconds ago

My wife has Total Wireless on her iPhone. No issues here.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Apparently Canadians can't even into first snow. by IndyIan @ 9 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SayjacWhat a helpless feeling. Is that region of the city known as the body shop region or is that body shop hill? j/k And the salt/sand truck to the rescue....uhh not so much. Keeping the collision shops in the area busy.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Only the thick stuff in Denmark... by bobbydavro @ 9 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUKOriginally Posted By: skyactivLook in the bottom right hand corner. Yep it's an 0w30, BUT be careful as some 0w Ultra oils are C3 rated for DPF afflicted diesels. Very bad news in wear terms if you use them in a non
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Wind Tree by AirgunSavant @ 10 minutes 27 seconds ago

You see these posted all over social media from France I always see several uninformed people begging to get on the list for these. Several people saying I'll take 2 or 3 please. They mean well and they will be shipping to the USA next year but afte
Jump to new posts Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Sig. series 5W-30 by Ian1982 @ 12 minutes 1 second ago

Considering Schaffers 9000 5W-30 or Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30. What do u guys like? Have a 2013 Sierra with a 5.3 . Was going to use the OLM system for OCI. Thanks guys!
Jump to new posts Re: Go high mileage or just thicker viscosity? by NibbanaBanana @ 12 minutes 33 seconds ago

In Maryland, 1 mile is too old to be running 0w-20. AK, maybe ok. 0w-20 : dinosaur wizz.
Jump to new posts Re: Will FA-4 5W-30 be the ultimate 5W-30? by BrocLuno @ 12 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zengIs FA-4 a CAFE version of HDEO ...... equivalent to gasoline ILSAC GF5 ? ..... with high VII's (of high SSI and quantity) , high Noack etc , and likely perpetuating rings sticking ? Yup
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving in the dark with no lights syndrome by jeepman3071 @ 15 minutes 43 seconds ago

Seems it is always a black or dark colored car with no headlights on. When I worked in insurance I remember a few cases of insurance fraud floating around where people with dark colored trucks would purposely pull out in front of unsuspecting driver
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: 2 easy to get greases for home use: name them... by NibbanaBanana @ 16 minutes 18 seconds ago

You need some silicon grease to use on rubber and wheel bearing grease. That's it. White lithium grease is good to keep things from rotting if you drive in salt, just smear it on.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving in the dark with no lights syndrome by Pop_Rivit @ 16 minutes 18 seconds ago

You seem to have an unhealthy mental issue with people and their headlights. For example, you posted the same rant here , and complained about headlights here , and ranted about headlights here. There is also this rant that was locked.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Most INTERESTING NAME of a person you met. by AirgunSavant @ 16 minutes 58 seconds ago

Went to school with Richard Hertz..........
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Arisaka pics, what type do i have? by jjjxlr8 @ 17 minutes 29 seconds ago

spasm3's rifle is great. It's getting hard to find these untouched, unmolested examples and these are the ones that collectors like myself really want. The late war examples are neat, especially when compared to early production. The same goes for
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: 20oz Chevron Techron Complete FSC, ~$3 AR. by Sayjac @ 19 minutes 6 seconds ago

Yep, reading some anecdotes here recently seems some rebate fulfillment can be spotty across different products and sources. Chevron at least has a printable mail in form, which is the way I chose/choose to do it. Mailed mine yesterday. SOPUS otoh, h
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Driving in the dark with no lights syndrome by AirgunSavant @ 19 minutes 9 seconds ago

I have the opposite issue. On the way to Florida through the backside of Baltimore the street lights on I95 and the other roads make your headlights useless and its hard to actually see. A bunch of light but no real vision. Here they travel with no
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Disagreement with mechanic over trans oil change by mrdctaylor @ 19 minutes 13 seconds ago

Does he get kickbacks from a buddy with a transmission shop? ;-)
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: A message to hockey fans (cbc) by jeepman3071 @ 19 minutes 40 seconds ago

I don't watch too many sports. I played sports before college, but watching them just isn't all that interesting to me. The 5 minutes of game, 15 minutes of commercial pattern gets annoying. Not to mention in certain games such as baseball they dr
Jump to new posts Re: Go high mileage or just thicker viscosity? by BrocLuno @ 21 minutes 37 seconds ago

OK, so plugged drain-back holes behind the piston rings are a hard one to treat, but I'd try. Pull the plugs and shoot a big'ish shot of Break-Free (carbon gun solvent) into each cylinder. Reinsert plugs at least a few threads, let sit overnight (o
Page 1 of 269 1 2 3 ... 268 269 >