05/28/17 01:51 PM
Cleaning cotton bonnets
by 007
05/28/17 01:25 PM
Newest Members
Bearol, BironDanmum, samanmax, CheskaMacQuinn, Thornhill
61685 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (69GTX, 04SE, 2009Edge, AMC, arcticviking, 7 invisible), 2215 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61685 Members
66 Forums
265743 Topics
4391640 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Back in the day, what was your dad's go to oil? by Crispysea @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: whitearrowwow, this is one of the things i remember distinctly about my dad. he used quaker state in 10w-40 and i remember the old cans that you had to use the metal funnel that actually pierced the can and was used to pour from
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Fram CA5057 air filter discontinued? by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 08:24 PM

Walmart seems to be cutting on in-store inventory of air filters. This doesn't necessarily mean that Fram is discontinuing them
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Tesla Model S outsells S-Class, Panamera, BMW 6/7 by slacktide_bitog @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

The Model S also has a rear-facing third seat, which is awesome
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by Kuato @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Good luck! I'd swing by if I was close but I'm in Portland ME at the moment....
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 89 octane in 2-stroke? by HangFire @ Yesterday at 08:20 PM

All of my air cooled OPE, 2 and 4 stroke, one or two cylinders call for 89 Octane. (I know, I actually read all the manuals.) I don't know why the OP is surprised.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The city I grew up in by Rick in PA @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

An enjoyable little film. I always like seeing production. It reinforced a conversation I had with my brother today where we reflected on the importance of jobs and employment for the health of society.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2000 Grand Marquis by HangFire @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

Fix the window and get an inspection in the state you plan to sell it in, it'll sell fast.
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing different brands of 0W-20 Full Synthetic by Crispysea @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

If you're a quart (or more) low, it's better to have a different brand of oil than no oil at all! Even a slightly different viscosity is better than blowing an engine. If it's less than a quart, it will have almost no effect on the overall viscosity.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by MSTUEBER @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

+1 ^^^^
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Interesting currency find by Kuato @ Yesterday at 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoYou have a british 50p coin (that seven sided thing) mixed in with some other countries. Probably found a kid's collection that his grandpa gave him. Might be nice to put up a few "found" flyers in the area.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: XANAX - doc wants me to try, your experience? by bunnspecial @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

There are a bunch of benzodiazepines on the market, all of which have different properties. Xanax is one of the more popular ones because of its rapid onset of action, albeit there's some argument that it's not the best for anxiety disorders because
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dress Shoes by Kuato @ Yesterday at 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: GGorman04Crazy question for an oil forum, but does anyone have experience with dress shoes? I am looking for the most comfortable shoe to wear. I do not mind paying more for quality. I have a set of Cole Haan's that I spent $100
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dress Shoes by JimPghPA @ Yesterday at 08:12 PM

Well it is not the most dressy, and has a square look, I have found Hush-Puppies in the model called Gus to be extremely comfortable and very lite weight. It is a great walking shoe. I save a new pair for formal occasions and have another pair that I
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing different brands of 0W-20 Full Synthetic by TheBus36 @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

Yeah. I'm talking about mixing synthetics with the same viscosity and API grade such as Castrol, Mobil, Sunoco, etc. My Tundra and my daughters car both use 0W-20. All are dextros approved. If it meets or exceeds the requirements as stated in the
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: The A-10 will keep flying, no longer in danger by Kuato @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Good. They need to keep it in inventory. It's not a high tech electronic marvel, which is why many think it outdated. I've spoken with those that fly it, without exception they all love the plane. Naysayers indicate that it doesn't perform in the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: XANAX - doc wants me to try, your experience? by CKN @ Yesterday at 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JimPghPAI do not know what anxiety medications my niece has been on but I do know that the first meds she used for anxiety caused her to gain a lot of weight. It got so bad in a relatively short time that her father had a talk w
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Bulk O rings by George Bynum @ Yesterday at 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: spackardIsn't green HNBR?Most compounds are available in multiple colors; I'm personally accustomed to a hydraulic OEM whose "FPM" (generic term for duPont Viton) are close to that shade of green.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The city I grew up in by OneEyeJack @ Yesterday at 08:06 PM

88% of the people own the homes they live in. And they manufacture stuff, lots of different stuff and employ local citizens. Nice. And not a Walmart anywhere to be seen.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Best spray wax? by TheBus36 @ Yesterday at 08:04 PM

Good stuff. I've used it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The city I grew up in by NormanBuntz @ Yesterday at 08:00 PM

They play some great hockey there, eh?
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: The A-10 will keep flying, no longer in danger by JimPghPA @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

I saw the A10 up close at an airforce base a couple of years before the first gulf war, and there was talk of it being scrapped in a very short time back then. I was thankful that it was still around to do it job during the first and second gulf wars
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Peak Motor Oil $2qt @ Dollar General by Mr Nice @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Char BabyIt's made by WPP/WNE. Good stuff! Yep. Good low cost oil. PepBoys was closing out PEAK oil for 50 cents, I got approx 35 quarts
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help! by eljefino @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

Post this plea to craigslist local. Seriously.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M1-207 Cut Open by fdcg27 @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

That was my point. The OP cut two much less costly filters that looked as good or better.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: low cost pressure washer by TheBus36 @ Yesterday at 07:52 PM

If you're going to wash truck, engine, and frame you want to stay around 2000 psi. Use wide stream on you engine and be careful not to get water in you air intake. Stuff it with a towel if it's exposed.
Page 32 of 60 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 59 60 >