Rossi the G.O.A.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a big fan of Rossi for a long time. It would be interesting to see how Michael Dunlop would compare on a circuit in similar equipment.

Well, to qualify for the IOM TT, or any of the Irish real roadracing events, you have to have a competition résumé. Most of the IOM TT riders race in BSB sanctioned events. Or you have to have raced in another suitable racing series. There are a few series in the USA that can qualify a rider to give it a shot. They don't accept just anybody.

Without going into a long-winded story, lets just say that MotoGP riders are on another level.

Rossi is according to a bunch of GP legends (as seen in the video), the greatest of all time.

The IOM TT can't really be compared. It is much more dangerous. There is no run-off. If you're being paid millions to race in MotoGP, there will be a clause preventing your participation in events like the IOM TT.

I recall one of the IOM TT multi-time winners saying that if Rossi or any of the current MotoGP riders wanted or were allowed to race the IOM TT, and had the resolve to push it on the Mountain, the regular TT winners like him wouldn't see which way they went. I'd say that says it all.

I recall one of the IOM TT multi-time winners saying that if Rossi or any of the current MotoGP riders wanted or were allowed to race the IOM TT, and had the resolve to push it on the Mountain, the regular TT winners like him wouldn't see which way they went. I'd say that says it all
Given the same circumstances, I'd say you're right.
The difference is that MotoGP riders are proffesional riders, they don't have to waste time going to work and earning money.

IOMTT riders are normal guys with normal jobs, and they might go racing three or four times a year. They don't have the backing of a factory team and factory manufacturer, they don't have a full trailer and pit crew, they don't have a team of mechanics or the very latest and greatest, bleeding-edge technology.
TT riders do the best they can with modified showroom machines when they are lucky enough to get a weekend away from the wife.

Given those differences, the TT rider wouldn't see which way the MGP rider went.
If the playing field were level, same technology and the same machines and the same factory level support and the same amount of time for training and it would be splitting hairs as to who might win.

The IOM TT is so much more dangerous that racing on a track. why would the Moto Gp guys take the risk?

I'll never forget being with Rossi, in silence, at Laguna Seca pits...
you see it's next to impossible to strike up a conversation at the
the track because Vale don't chat with fans during a race... if any of
you have ever hunted him for a pic or an autograph you know he almost
never says any thing, just nods or smiles... but right after this pic,
he went into his motorhome... well, you all know Rossi is
superstitious, and in Italy it is very BAD luck to wish some one GOOD
luck...so just as he stepped into the RV, Mary spoke to him in Italian
'in bocca al lupo' (into the mouth of the wolf)...the motorhome door
closed then opened again, Rossi peeked out, responded 'crepi il lupo'
(kill the wolf) and closed the door again... so thanks to Mary's quick
wit he spoke...

Laguna Seca
[Linked Image]

Rossi signs our autobiogrphy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

2008 MotoGp winner... that is the year of Rossi's famous inside pass that rattled Stoner...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mary and I always spectate at the Cork Screw because who ever controls the screw controls the race...
[Linked Image from vfrdiscussion.com]

Originally Posted by CT8
The IOM TT is so much more dangerous that racing on a track. why would the Moto Gp guys take the risk?

IOM TT is giggle in the helmet fun tuck into a fetal ball going WFO head inches away from the screen... it is a racers dream of
completing as a aerodynamic whole of a bio mechanical exotic masterpiece...

Larry, cool pics. That's cool you talked with Rossi a bit, and got his autograph.

Maybe one day I feel compelled to share my experience of the IOM TT. Thanks for the video of the Duc. I have a Panigale V4 Speciale sitting here in my office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back