Glad we got a seasonal RV site

I've been seeing several reports lately of RV sales skyrocketing while the rest of the economy doesn't. RV dealers are selling them faster than the manufacturers in Elkhart County can make them. A buddy of mine is an RV salesman in central Indiana, and he told me today that if he sells something today, it won't get replaced on the lot until Labor Day. My Thor Industries & Winnebago stock has been insane. On 2/20/20, Winnebago was $63/share, plummeted to $16/share 28 days later, and peaked today at $64.69.

With all these first time RVers hitting the campgrounds, I'm glad we decided last fall to get a seasonal site for our trailer. These new RVers will need a place to go, so campsites will be at a premium this summer. And since we're seasonals, I had to be like everyone else in the campground and buy a golf car to cruise around in. So I sold some of that Thor and Winnebago stock so I could buy my toy last weekend. A ‘97 EZ-GO 36volt electric I picked up for $2300. The price of gas carts are way more than I wanted to spend, and 20+ year old 36 volt electrics are the least desirable, so it fit the budget we had. I'm not doing any off-roading in it, so no need for the lift kit or knobby tires. My wife loves it. I'd told her a month ago that if she agrees to letting me get one, I'd find a white one and get the Herbie decals for it I saw on eBay. Well, I didn't need to as this popped up on Facebook marketplace last week as is. Previous owner did all the work for me!

9517CAB4-7564-4B55-A817-B2FB2235BF57.jpeg

841C293B-82AF-401D-B12C-91E972A2F08C.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice setup. Did they raise the rates for a spot with the high demand?

We have an electric golf cart at work, we always have called it the Tesla (old beatup Club Car). Bought a Tesla sticker for the front to make it official.

[Linked Image]

There is still 5 years of baby boomers to still hit 65 so they'll certainly add to the purchases. Ownership of RV pads is quite popular here since the provinces have not added capacity in years. There is a new KOA down the road on the local Indian Reserve. For those on the way to Alaska on BC highway 93, it's going to be very popular. Check out the Cranbrook ( also known as the St. Eugene) KOA on the website.
smile.gif

We are actually looking for property we can buy so that we can go to with our trailer.

It is getting harder and harder every year to find spots.

I love tent camping, but have never tried rv or trailer camping.

Those electric golf carts are ever more popular at Universities and many beach communities. We bike at the beach instead, but some folks seem to take them for many miles...

Call me skeptical on the RV sales volume, and I would have a hard time believing any RV salesman. I would be interested in seeing some stats that support this claim.

Good to see their sales are booming. It is said that their sales or lack there of are a precursor of what is to happen with the economy.

Did your friend stay employed during all this? If he and the rest of the industry didn't, that could explain the high demand (low supply).
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ls1mike
We are actually looking for property we can buy so that we can go to with our trailer.

It is getting harder and harder every year to find spots.

The main reason we left ours on a site this year was for the time savings. A typical Friday-Sunday weekend taking it to a state park requires taking off work on Friday, finding a site to reserve, loading, hitching, travel time...and by the time you get there and set up, it's 3 or 4 o'clock Friday afternoon and the better part of your day is gone. Now we just throw some food in a cooler, a few clothes in a bag, then off we go. If you're able to find some land, soon you'll be like I've said recently: I can't believe it took us this long to do this.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

We have an electric golf cart at work, we always have called it the Tesla (old beatup Club Car). Bought a Tesla sticker for the front to make it official.

[Linked Image]

The Phoenician? I've stayed there, very nice place.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Originally Posted by Nick1994

[Linked Image]

The Phoenician? I've stayed there, very nice place.

Lol I think our company must have bought it from The Phoenician at some point years ago. I work for a large trucking company (I'm in IT).

Back