Home

Who is the oldest on BITOG

Posted By: Donald

Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:06 PM

You must be old enough to sign up for Medicare to respond. Don't need to know the age of youngsters on BITOG.

I am 66 I think. Memory going.

Still doing shade tree wrenching.
Posted By: gman2304

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:13 PM

67 oilburner
Posted By: Whimsey

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:26 PM

65 1/2, senile, pig headed, grumpy, ornery, forgetful and miserable to be around grin2. And now for s&g I'm getting spine surgery in the neck shortly shocked2. Ah! the "golden years", no they're not, their rusty like my vehicles eek.

Whimsey
Posted By: SrDriver

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:33 PM

77 will hit 78 in April if I make it that long????
Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:36 PM

I know Johnny Johnson is old enough to be cranky somedays smile
Posted By: old1

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:42 PM

I am going to hit 77 (I think) in march
Posted By: SLO_Town

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 06:56 PM

I'm 66 and still strong as a horse. We have a fully landscaped 1 acre property, which I designed, built, and maintain. I'm a long distance road bicyclist. From March to October I ride about 150 miles per week, the more challenging the ride the better (I used to ride about 350 miles per week). And I meticulously maintain our fleet of four vehicles, even hand washing washing the undercarriage on one of them!

So, I still feel capable, except for my aches and pains and the fact that some of my more challenging bike rides kind of take it out of me now and then.

One thing about being older and retired, an afternoon nap once in a while after busting your butt doing something physical is a genuine life pleasure!

Scott
Posted By: Mad_Hatter

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I know Johnny Johnson is old enough to be cranky somedays smile

😂😂😂.. wouldn't doubt some say that about me.
Posted By: Truckedup

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 07:35 PM

I'm not the oldest at 72 but I do ride a Ducati 900.......................
Posted By: csandste

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 07:35 PM

75 next month. GET OFF MY LAWN!
Posted By: Malo83

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 07:39 PM

66, fully retired this past Nov. cheers

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donald
You must be old enough to sign up for Medicare to respond. Don't need to know the age of youngsters on BITOG.

I am 66 I think. Memory going.

Still doing shade tree wrenching.

In reading the other posts, I may be the only old guy still working full time.

I need to retire.
Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:09 PM

Hosteen here is 83
Posted By: tc1446

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:34 PM

85 last Sept. Not a lot of energy left, but still mow yard on tractor, drive auto's and best of all my Polaris Slingshot. Did a couple 2-300 mile trips last year, planning similar this year.

Does the oldest get a prize? banana
Posted By: Dominik

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:39 PM

43 and get depressed (severely, requiring vodka treatments at times) every Sunday evening, dreaming about retiring some day...........

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dominik
43 and get depressed (severely, requiring vodka treatments at times) every Sunday evening, dreaming about retiring some day...........

Below 65 (Medicare age) does not count in this thread. Perhaps a new thread about who despises their job the most?
Posted By: wemay

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Donald

Below 65 (Medicare age) does not count in this thread. Perhaps a new thread about who despises their job the most?

Haha! I was going to post until i read this. Good one! LOL
Posted By: SLO_Town

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by tc1446
85 last Sept. Not a lot of energy left, but still mow yard on tractor, drive auto's and best of all my Polaris Slingshot. Did a couple 2-300 mile trips last year, planning similar this year.

Does the oldest get a prize? banana

And at 85 you're still out there doing it. Be proud!

Scott
Posted By: Papa Bear

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:07 PM

76 in May ... down to 2 motorcycles and just a couple of girlfriends
Posted By: toneydoc

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:16 PM

Only 62.5 here
Put more miles on my Harley every year than my Jeeps
Got a few aches and pains but ibuprofen is a nice drug
Still do quite a bit of wrenching and maintaining around the house and vehicles
A body in motion tends to stay in motion
Keep moving fellas
Posted By: AC1DD

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:31 PM

Must be that snowy clammy cold weather up there....seems like you need to engage snowbird status soon for relief...maybe go to FLA or the Caribbean islands ?

Hang in their friend....from the USA.
Posted By: spasm3

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:38 PM

Someone start a who is the youngest thread.
Posted By: Cadenza

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:39 PM

Will be 69 in April and just rescued a Jack Russell puppy...that says a lot about my energy level.
Posted By: MolaKule

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by spasm3

In terms of the special theory of relativity I'm only 27 in my reference frame! LOL
Posted By: Convert

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 09:45 PM

Im so old

GOD an I talked about ,HOW TO MAKE DIRT back in the day

TOMB
Convert
Posted By: LeakySeals

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 10:17 PM

57 yesterday and fortunate to be here. One day I'm at the gym, 2 weeks later I'm in the ER with shortness of breath, drowning in my own fluids. Soon after I got the bad news. I had CHF with a EF of 10%. Just like that with no warning. The Dr. told me to call my family and begin the process of putting me on a transplant list. I remember talking to my son in the hospital bed and... woke up 3 days later. All I remember during that time was someone asking me if I was "drifting". As fast as it came, thanks to lasix I was feeling better. 9 days later I was headed home. Here I am 3 years later on a couple of BP meds. My heart fully recovered. No clear answer why other than I tested positive for the flu. Miracle!
Posted By: OilReport99

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by spasm3

In terms of the special theory of relativity I'm only 27 in my reference frame! LOL

How close to c are you traveling? sailing
Posted By: E150GT

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 10:28 PM

35 here
Posted By: littleant

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 10:41 PM

66 here. BUT I still have not grown up yet.
Posted By: Alfred_B

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by littleant

At least you are out of the toughest period - the first 40 years if any man's childhood are the toughest.
Posted By: bbhero

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
57 yesterday and fortunate to be here. One day I'm at the gym, 2 weeks later I'm in the ER with shortness of breath, drowning in my own fluids. Soon after I got the bad news. I had CHF with a EF of 10%. Just like that with no warning. The Dr. told me to call my family and begin the process of putting me on a transplant list. I remember talking to my son in the hospital bed and... woke up 3 days later. All I remember during that time was someone asking me if I was "drifting". As fast as it came, thanks to lasix I was feeling better. 9 days later I was headed home. Here I am 3 years later on a couple of BP meds. My heart fully recovered. No clear answer why other than I tested positive for the flu. Miracle!

Holy cow ^^^^^^^^

That is a very, very, very difficult circumstance to go through and overcome...

I am very grateful you are still here smile

I had to give 100 mg of lasix IV one time... I put that in a 50 mL bag and ran it at 200mL/hr.... I have given 40 mg of lasix IV push in 5 minutes... But 100mg... I put that in a bag and ran via a pump... Checked the patient's blood pressure before obviously... During and after.... You can crash someone with that if given too fast.
Posted By: Passport1

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 11:07 PM

Too old for whimsy, young enough for proper satire. 71 and still riding my scooter.
Posted By: Bud

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 11:20 PM

Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 11:29 PM

I am. wink

Posted By: littleant

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/07/20 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Originally Posted by littleant

At least you are out of the toughest period - the first 40 years if any man's childhood are the toughest.

Agree. Also Living up here in Vermont I am frozen half of the year. Some form of cryogenics I think.
Posted By: dkryan

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:17 AM

This:

Attached picture B0F4259A-0A09-4383-9D95-9AEEB0A6D084.jpeg
Posted By: maxdustington

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:25 AM

That's life in Toronna, it [censored] sucks! Brampton must be awful!
Posted By: Uregina09

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:34 AM

Posted By: Eddie

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:35 AM

82 next month. Ed
Posted By: Kira

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:35 AM

Old enough to be GLAD I won't be around to see the complete decay of our country and the point of no return regarding damage to the planet.

I feel sorry for the young ones.

Have a nice day.
Posted By: Mr Nice

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:43 AM

I remember you posting about your heart problems, good to see you recovered and doing much better.
Posted By: gner

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:49 AM

Will be 86 next month, still like changing my oil and filter. Gordon
Posted By: IronMaidenRules

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kira
Old enough to be GLAD I won't be around to see the complete decay of our country and the point of no return regarding damage to the planet.

I feel sorry for the young ones.

Have a nice day.

Wow, someone's having a case of the Mondays.
Posted By: fdcg27

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 01:09 AM

Only 63, so I guess I'm a relative youngster here.
Kinda like being on a Holland cruise, LOL.
Do my own vehicle stuff as well as things needing attention around the house.
I know that I'm not as physically able as I was ten years ago, but everything still works and I can do whatever I please to do.
Posted By: andyd

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 01:43 AM

I'll be 69 next May. I'had to survive cancer to jolt myself out of 40 yrs of depression. I didn't start enjoying life until I turned 60. Clogged arteries being managed with diet,cardio exercise and pills grin2
Posted By: nascarnation

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 01:48 AM

71 so I'm just a youngster around here...as John Force said after winning the US Nationals last September, "get off that couch and go do some racing"
Posted By: maverickfhs

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Truckedup

Sorry, but had to stop to say thumbsup
Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 02:01 AM

I am 68 and feel fine, outside of some legs and back stiffness.
Posted By: Ws6

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 02:04 AM

33, with the mentality of 90. Get off my lawn and leave me alone.
Posted By: Dinoburner

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 02:53 AM

Just turned 77 still do maintenance but choose which major repairs to do. Cut and split firewood use a push mower which is a 3,8 mile walk but have occasional age related problems, The easy chair is deadly
Posted By: NO2

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 03:02 AM

Wrong question. Who is the fairest on BITOG?
Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by dkryan
This:

Good ole Woody... lol
Posted By: Marco620

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 04:27 AM

Are we gonna add a senior citizen topic to the forum? Fill it with coffee and donuts. Open between 6am-10pm lights out! Joking aside its nice to have older individuals here.Much can be learned about cars and maybe more important ..Life. My dad is a 70 yr old Vietnam Veteran and his highlights of the day is walking the dog,coffee,and Dave Ramsey on the AM Radio back in Casper,Wy.
Posted By: ZeeOSix

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 05:03 AM

Time to break out the movie "Cocoon". grin2
Posted By: daves87rs

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 05:54 AM

Dang, and I thought my being 42 next month was old..... grin2
Posted By: FordCapriDriver

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 09:52 AM

What about youngest?
Posted By: Truckedup

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Originally Posted by Truckedup

Sorry, but had to stop to say thumbsup

Yeah, none of them old man Harleys or Goldwings for me... grin
Posted By: Dominik

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 04:25 PM

Miami would be the place Homestead even better, yep this nasty weather up here adds to the misery wipers frozen to the windshield ice accumulating in your rims making it feel like you're riding on square wheels oh I love southern USA
Posted By: LeakySeals

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

I remember you posting about your heart problems, good to see you recovered and doing much better.

Thanks. Its changed my outlook on life. I'm calmer. Happier. No longer aspiring to be the CEO. I'm aspiring for flip flops and a beach chair lol.
Posted By: Mr Nice

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 08:37 PM

Yep. Stress will definitely shorten your life.

Once you get past 50 you need to relax and take it easy. 👍

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 08:57 PM

"You know you are old when the candles cost more than the birthday cake". (Bob Hope).

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by gner
Will be 86 next month, still like changing my oil and filter. Gordon

Over 80 you are allowed to use a Fumoto valve to make the oil change easier and we still count it as a full oil change.
Posted By: dareo

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 10:03 PM

i may have purchased a brand new Buick last year but i am not the oldest. (36yrs now)
Posted By: Spector

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/08/20 10:43 PM

Hmm, I am 73 and get depressed ,requiring alcohol as well, and dream about being 43 again.
Posted By: supton

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/09/20 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Spector

Hmm, I am 73 and get depressed ,requiring alcohol as well, and dream about being 43 again.

I see nothing changes with age--I'm 43 and dream about 23!
Posted By: Number_35

Re: Who is the oldest on BITOG - 01/09/20 02:03 AM

Truth!

Attached picture 72313726_10220721924903136_8971762115236855808_n.jpg
© 2020 Bob Is The Oil Guy