Do you think most Millennials will be better or worse off than Boomers/X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean financially, health, security etc...

I think if things don't change they will be worse off.

I feel for my kids.

Do you think most Millennials will be better or worse off than Boomers/X?

SIGH.
smirk2.gif

Look ZZMan, you bring up too many threads about old vs young people. Be thankful you have a pension as those went away unless you have a government job or the very rare job in the private sector that offers one.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Look ZZMan, you bring up too many threads about old vs young people. Be thankful you have a pension as those went away unless you have a government job or the very rare job in the private sector that offers one.
He seems to be generationally curious lately! Or stirring the pot...IDK.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
The will mostly be dead of disease, war or starvation before 50

Rod

Well, this millenial can cross off war. Been there, done that, got the medals, still alive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304
He seems to be generationally curious lately! Or stirring the pot...IDK.

🥴🙀. Gee I wonder! Could that be considered as yet another unknown unexplored Gender. It hard enough figuring out which side of the outhouse pertains🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸most closely to my chosen self identity these days.

I am not pitting anyone against another. I merely ask what people think. Most people want better/easier for their kids than they had it. I know I do. The question is will this generation achieve it? For many the answer may be of course. For many it may be no. Differences of opinion and polite discussions are stimulating and thought provoking....or would u like another should I use a 5w-20 or 5w-30 discussion?.... Zzzzzzz

Finance: wages, benefits
Health: live longer, but healthier? Can they afford it?
Security: job, insurance, retirement, wars.

So many ways to look at it.....

I guess if stirring the pot means I like to stimulate discussions and varied viewpoints then I do.

Last edited:
Millennial here, I would say that we will have it worse off in the grand scheme of things. This generation expects everything on a plate in the least amount of time. My generation is full of, well, sissies. Some of the political and social movements of my generation are extremely questionable and if anything, moronic. This is what happens when we are sheltered and have all of Maslow's hierarchy of needs satisfied, that is, implosion of society as we know it.

Originally Posted by Averroes
Millennial here, I would say that we will have it worse off in the grand scheme of things. This generation expects everything on a plate in the least amount of time. My generation is full of, well, sissies. Some of the political and social movements of my generation are extremely questionable and if anything, moronic. This is what happens when we are sheltered and have all of Maslow's hierarchy of needs satisfied, that is, implosion of society as we know it.

As a fellow millennial I agree. However as we know from history each time had its struggles politically, as well as horrific events. One thing remains true is that society advances overall.

Live below ones means, stay out of debt. Invest in yourself and in quality businesses that are world class and hang on for the ride and you will do well long term.

I believe I create my own future and I create my opportunities. I don't care what the entitled or emotionally challenged of my generation say. I focus on what I can control Because that's what matters most. The rest is just chatter.

Also if the boomers complain about the Millennials let's remember that they raised us and compared to generations before them which had a poor standard of living they were the first generation to enjoy a plush and relatively easy life if they had the privilege to grow up in the U.S. Wealth and opportunity abounds if one chooses to not be a victim and focuses on creating success. It's been that way for a hundred years in this country. In another hundred years we will be more advanced I have no doubt.

It's impossible to paint an entire generation with a single brush.
I know of a number of "millennials" who run their own businesses and are doing quite well. They're ambitious and have the drive to make things happen.

I can also point to a few that seem to be content flipping burgers or choose to make a career out of working at Walmart. They're not going to do so well.

In order to do well in life one needs to invest in ones self, set goals and work to achieve them, and have a drive to accomplish a lot in life. Every generation has had those who do well, and those who choose not to do well. But like everything else in life, it's all a choice and up to the individual.

The Millenials I know, are doing better than my generation (X), or the boomers, or any generation before them.

I've noticed an awful lot of them like to whine, however.

Originally Posted by 02SE
The Millenials I know, are doing better than my generation (X), or the boomers, or any generation before them.

I've noticed an awful lot of them like to whine, however.

Yes we need more wine instead of whine.

Things are always different, but people turn out ok in the end. There were boomers that were young punks just like there are gen X and millennial young punks.

I think it comes down to individuals and their drive to avoid complacency. I am an elder millineal, 1982 birth year, and I ran circles around most of my peers in every job I have had. Many just want to embrace the employee mentality and focus on maintaining job security, many of those types are just hiding in their jobs. I think being ambitious and pursuing a career in business which puts the emphasis on your performance to survive in said business, opportunities are wide open because I am confident that my generation is risk averse. If you're willing to take risks and survive you might end up not only doing well but exceptionally well due to lessened peer competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back