I think I need therapy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure feel sorry for the Prime guy on Friday (not really)
lol.gif

Screenshot_20190716-233457.png

Screenshot_20190716-233222.png

Screenshot_20190716-164005.png

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
What does your wife say about the 20 jugs of oil ???

Ah, yes. This is precisely why I keep detailed records of oil finances in & out, and always keep it well into the green. My oil goes to many paying vehicles, which then pays for more oil and profits. She can't say anything. And if she does, I just print off the Excel logs loaded with green...
coffee2.gif

If you cancel your subscribe & save, would they charge you back?

I got this from amazon:
Terms and Conditions:
Coupons are valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel coupons at any time.
You must purchase the qualifying items added to your Cart when the coupon is in effect for the discount to apply.
If you later modify or cancel the subscription or delivery date for the qualifying item, the discount will not apply.

Originally Posted by tony1679
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
What does your wife say about the 20 jugs of oil ???

Ah, yes. This is precisely why I keep detailed records of oil finances in & out, and always keep it well into the green. My oil goes to many paying vehicles, which then pays for more oil and profits. She can't say anything. And if she does, I just print off the Excel logs loaded with green...
coffee2.gif

You dont keep two sets of books? One real and one to show any prying eyes?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
You are. Unless you're going to buy 20 jugs every six months for Subscribe and Save, aren't you really just cheating Amazon out of $47?

How do you figure that? Amazon lets you cancel it if you want. They know a certain percentage of people will cancel. It's part of the business model. There's a discount and a loophole to get out of it. If Amazon really wanted their $47, they wouldn't allow you to cancel.

Like the government allows you to use a loophole like an IRA to avoid paying taxes. By using it, are you really cheating the government if they allow it?

Originally Posted by Wolf359
You are. Unless you're going to buy 20 jugs every six months for Subscribe and Save, aren't you really just cheating Amazon out of $47?

How do you figure that? Amazon lets you cancel it if you want. They know a certain percentage of people will cancel. It's part of the business model. There's a discount and a loophole to get out of it. If Amazon really wanted their $47, they wouldn't allow you to cancel.

Like the government allows you to use a loophole like an IRA to avoid paying taxes. By using it, are you really cheating the government if they allow it?

If you buy the 20 jugs on S&S with the intention of cancelling the subscription before the next shipment, that's called fraud. See the mail fraud statute, Title 18 US Code Section 1341.

LOL. Let's calm down with this "fraud" talk. Amazon gives you permission to cancel at anytime, right up until the next shipment "locks" (begins the shipment process). They say so on their own website. This is not in violation of 18 U.S.C. SECTION 1341-- Elements of Mail Fraud.

Originally Posted by JustN89
LOL. Let's calm down with this "fraud" talk. Amazon gives you permission to cancel at anytime, right up until the next shipment "locks" (begins the shipment process). They say so on their own website. This is not in violation of 18 U.S.C. SECTION 1341-- Elements of Mail Fraud.
This.
smirk2.gif

Edit: God forbid if I tell anyone here how I've never paid a dime for Prime. Ever. Even though Amazon willingly lets you do it using your real name and address every single time (so they clearly know it's still the same person), I bet that's fraud too.

Edit 2: I think Blackstone would raise an alarm regarding the sodium content of this thread.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
If you buy the 20 jugs on S&S with the intention of cancelling the subscription before the next shipment, that's called fraud. See the mail fraud statute, Title 18 US Code Section 1341.

Nope, as others said, it's just taking advantage of a discount. There's actually no verbiage that says if you cancel before the shipment, it's fraud. You've just made assumptions that aren't valid. Amazon is the one that sets the term of the deal. If they didn't want you cancel, they could either rescind the discount or not allow you to cancel. It's completely legal to cancel.

Originally Posted by tony1679

Edit: God forbid if I tell anyone here how I've never paid a dime for Prime. Ever. Even though Amazon willingly lets you do it using your real name and address every single time (so they clearly know it's still the same person), I bet that's fraud too.

Yeah, also not a crime not to pay for Prime, they offer you a free trial about once a year I think for 30 days. I've used it a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back