Favorite American Made Muscle Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is a 1969 RS/Z/28 Camaro, 302/290 HP, Hugger Orange. I also like the 1970 SS Chevelle, 1969 Mustang, and the 1970 Hemi 'Cuda.

1969-camaro-rsz28-numbers-matching-302-and-4-speed-correct-colors-1.jpg

1968-1970 Dodge Charger

1970 Plymouth Superbird or 1969 Dodge Daytona

1970/71 Cuda or Challenger R/T

Preferred engine 440 - 6v.

Last edited:
I know it was hamstrung severely by emissions controls, but I don't care. The 1977 Trans Am with the hand size screaming chicken on the B pillar (special edition) is my all time fav. I don't think any sports car has ever looked better. It may be because my best buddy's dad bought a gorgeous gold one. That car was just cool. If I ever hit the lotto (of course I know I won't) there's a company that builds them and puts modern drive train components in them to make them truly [censored]. I'd probably put the Camaro ZL-1's engine and manual transmission in it, along with major suspension tweaks and some big tires/brakes. BUT, it would still look exactly like the original Bandit. Outside of the T/A, I have a thing for the Corvette C6. That'd be #2 for me.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
I know it was hamstrung severely by emissions controls, but I don't care. The 1977 Trans Am with the hand size screaming chicken on the B pillar (special edition) is my all time fav. I don't think any sports car has ever looked better. It may be because my best buddy's dad bought a gorgeous gold one. That car was just cool. If I ever hit the lotto (of course I know I won't) there's a company that builds them and puts modern drive train components in them to make them truly [censored]. I'd probably put the Camaro ZL-1's engine and manual transmission in it, along with major suspension tweaks and some big tires/brakes. BUT, it would still look exactly like the original Bandit. Outside of the T/A, I have a thing for the Corvette C6. That'd be #2 for me.

Great show! And they build some very nice and FAST TA's. They now own the rights/trademark to the TA.
http://transamworldwide.com/about/

I hope you win the lottery and get your dream but make sure you don't use the same heavy doors that clunked over every bump in the road . My buddy had a nice one , rattled like a jack in the box .

Originally Posted by Marco620
Buick Grand National GNX

547 built.
When I lived in Tampa, FL. our company had a job to replace/upgrade TGH's CEP. There was a Dr. that drove an 87 GNX. I just had to go talk to him about it. It was #221, and a daily driver. He gave me the grand tour of it. I was drooling so bad that I needed a bib.

Corvettes are sports cars, Mustangs and Camaros are pony cars.
But here's my Plain Jane 1968 L36 Roadster. Mostly original. Wasted $$...
The stock 15x7 wheels and F70 tires are on. The 427 will shred them to pieces.

I also have 16x8 Wheel Vintiques chrome Ralleys with 255/50 Comp TA's that make it sit lower. Lower is better.
2nd gear hard just might get you sideways, if I have it tuned right...

Paint like this would run $15K easy today...
I am actually sick of this car because I have so much time and $$ into it.
But it is a true piece of Americana, so I love it.

68 Plain Jane.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Kjmack

I hope you win the lottery and get your dream but make sure you don't use the same heavy doors that clunked over every bump in the road . My buddy had a nice one , rattled like a jack in the box .

Lol, to win it, I'd have to actually play it, and I'm too cheap to buy the losing tickets. You are right about those doors. I remember them being so heavy and awkward. I'd bet the company doing them up could solidify them a bit, but I'd learn to live with it.

64 Chevelle SS . 50s-early 60s Imperial Star Cruisers are more to my liking. "56 Olds Rocket 88, 57 De Soto Fire Dome, Chrysler 300C-G, 62 Olds Star Fire, Pontiac Bonneville., 57 Sudebaker Golden Eagle
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Corvettes are sports cars, Mustangs and Camaros are pony cars.

That's exactly how I view it as well.....Intermediate/Mid Size cars are the true muscle cars of the 60's. But I also believe you have to fit the faster/lighter Full Size cars in that category.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back