I'm a proud papa today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's cousin has a 13 yr old daughter. Kid was born with meth in her and has a severe speach impediment. Kid has a real bad time in school because of this. We have pretty much adopted her at this point.

I figured that if she could do something the other kids can't that maybe she could get some respect from the other kids. Maybe not.

Today we went out to a dry lake and I let her drive my jeep. Before anyone has a fit yes I understand that we could have an accident or more whatever. But sometimes you just have to roll with it anyway. A dry lake is pretty safe IMO.

This was her first time shifting gears. We have putted around my yard in 1st gear. She even downshifts!

https://youtu.be/ebcdQnBowfU

Last edited:
She really knows how to row those gears.. Well done!
thumbsup2.gif

My daughter has ADHD, and was bullied because she was sometimes a bit 'different' than other kids. But it got much better when she started grade 9, and she's happy at school now. Most of the kids at school mature from grade 9 up, and bullying isn't seen as cool anymore. Tell her it will get better...

My dad let me drive when I was 15 in a large parking-lot at the local convention center on a weekend there was no show so it was empty. I don't think there is any harm in it because he could turn the vehicle off and pulled the emergency brake at any time plus I was a good kid at 15 so he knows I wouldn't have done anything unsafe. I think it lead to me acing my first drivers test because I had a lot of experience by that point.

Anyway, I think it's great what you are doing for that kid.

cheers3.gif
for taking on something that you didn't have to.

Originally Posted by Kjmack
She will always remember that day .

I agree...She absolutely will!!

You got a good heart Chris 142.
thumbsup2.gif

She did GREAT BTW!! I never would have thought that was her first time using a clutch.
Tell her we're all proud if her.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by E150GT
She drives better than my brother's in law. They can't drive stick

Here is another video i just uploaded. She goes up to 4th then down to 3rd then 2nd and stops. All by herself! Tell them they just got out done by a 13 yr old girl lol

https://youtu.be/exeGVUh5-M4

Last edited:
Nice jorb ! How about taking her to the drag strip, racing cars, go karts etc ? Or riding dirt bikes. Ask her if she likes to drive, to watch, or both.

Quote "I figured that if she could do something the other kids can't that maybe she could get some respect from the other kids. Maybe not."

My opinion is that your thinking is perfect. She will gain both peer respect and self respect.

Last edited:
Keep the good work going in the 760 @Chris142. In February my family and I will be volunteering at a Military Veterans Event at the Victorville Fairgrounds and we would enjoy having your family attend. Should be a nice time for the community! Thanks, George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back