When renting a vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all rentals come with cruise control? I've noticed some mention Cruise control as options, others don't. Do they really rent late model cars with no cruise control?

Never rented before.

Last edited:
I have seen some without it. Notable, Enterprise cargo vans (Express and Transit) don't have it! The base Accent ("economy" rental) I rented to get home from Arkansas did.

I haven't found it yet on the 1-ton Ford trucks we have at work. And they give us the "MyKey" which limits radio volume.

The base Ford Focus didn't have it a couple years ago when I briefly looked at the $12995 Scrooge-McDuck edition. And it had throttle-by-wire so it was just a button and some programming.

A couple of years ago I got a Mazda2 as a rental car and it didn't have cruise. But every other rental car I've had in about the last 20 years has had it.

Family rented a stripped down Prius C which didn't have cruise control. Great for fuel economy, but a pain when we had to take it on the freeway.

Originally Posted by VeryNoisyPoet
Family rented a stripped down Prius C which didn't have cruise control. Great for fuel economy, but a pain when we had to take it on the freeway.

I got a prius as a rental one time. Had the be the worst car i've ever driven. Never again will i accept one as a rental.

I work for Enterprise and the definitive answer is no not all the rentals have cruise control. Like others said cargo vans and cars like the accent usually don't have cruise control.

Has to be a rarity today to not have it with everything being E-throttle.

I use cruise so rarely it doesn't matter to me.

Originally Posted by VeryNoisyPoet

When I got that Mazda2 without cruise I wish I had noticed it when I first got in the car at the rental place, because we had to drive it from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Myers (and back) along Alligator Alley and that long stretch of highway just begs for cruise control.

Originally Posted by joegreen
I work for Enterprise and the definitive answer is no not all the rentals have cruise control. Like others said cargo vans and cars like the accent usually don't have cruise control.

No: the Accent DID have cruise control.

I've rented cars that didn't have it.

The most basic economy models may not have it. But if you rent a "mid-size" or "full size", you're almost guaranteed to have CC since those types of cars have it as standard equipment (Malibu, Elantra, Camry, Altima, Sonata, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back