Idiots at the gas station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or people were waiting as you can see on the bottom left of the picture. I've done this When the lines were incredibly long, as filling on the right side is shorter.

Last edited:
I swear the little arrow on the gas meter is one of the biggest mysteries of modern times.

Anybody else have seen too many videos of people driving off with the pump nozzle still in your gas tank? I'm 99.9% confident I wouldn't ever be so absent minded, but I've seen enough of those videos to always glance in the rearview mirror to make sure its put back before I drive
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted By: Walmill
I swear the little arrow on the gas meter is one of the biggest mysteries of modern times.

Anybody else have seen too many videos of people driving off with the pump nozzle still in your gas tank? I'm 99.9% confident I wouldn't ever be so absent minded, but I've seen enough of those videos to always glance in the rearview mirror to make sure its put back before I drive
coffee2.gif

Someone left a gas nozzle hose down my street! lol

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Timo325
Or people were waiting as you can see on the bottom left of the picture. I've done this When the lines were incredibly long, as filling on the right side is shorter.

01.gif

Most gas stations have long hoses so you can go on either side with no problems
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
SOP at Costco

Costco has these long hoses. So does Sam's Club
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Was there ever a car built with the filler on BOTH SIDES of the auto?
lol.gif

Not that I'm aware of, but the next best thing was the old cars in the 70s and 80s which you flipped the licence plate down and the filler was right there in the middle of the trunk.

lol.gif

Back in the day they were behind the centrally located license plate. That worked great.

lol.gif

'73-'87 C/K & '88-'91 R/V GM trucks with dual tanks. Along with the Jaguar XJ6.

Originally Posted By: turbodieselfreak
I hate the guy who takes the one diesel pump....for GAS! Pet peeve.

I sometimes take it, but that's because there's a line at all the other pumps and it probably has the shortest line. I wouldn't take it if all the other pumps were free.

Sorta like using the handicapped stall in the bathroom.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: turbodieselfreak
I hate the guy who takes the one diesel pump....for GAS! Pet peeve.

I sometimes take it, but that's because there's a line at all the other pumps and it probably has the shortest line. I wouldn't take it if all the other pumps were free.

Sorta like using the handicapped stall in the bathroom.

Me too, I try to be quick when I use the diesel pump.

lol.gif

Jaguar XJ6, Mini Cooper S.

Originally Posted By: Patman
lol.gif

Not that I'm aware of, but the next best thing was the old cars in the 70s and 80s which you flipped the licence plate down and the filler was right there in the middle of the trunk.

I remember that!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Originally Posted By: Walmill

coffee2.gif

Someone left a gas nozzle hose down my street! lol

Respectfully,

Pajero!
i saw a lady driving down the street with the nozzle and about 6ft of hose dragging behind her

My peev is the people with the boom boom radio that turn it up at the gas station. Who wants to hear that?

I see some pretty stupid stuff at gas stations. I often see people putting E85 in non-flex cars, even though there are signs everywhere, and the screen warns you! I guess they just find the cheapest pump. I even saw a guy SMOKING near the pumps a few weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back