Home

Krauthammer

Posted By: Zee09

Krauthammer - 06/08/18 10:00 PM

Has a few weeks to live. Cancer is back.
I love this guy. Sad!
Posted By: MoreCowbellAz

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 10:08 PM

I saw that this morning. So sad. I had/have such great admiration and respect for him for his work over the years. With his latest announcement/article in WaPo, I admire and respect him even more. A great mind, regardless if you agree or disagree. I almost never tear up over public figures, but I sure did here.

Much respect, good sir. I will miss you.
Posted By: Trav

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 10:17 PM

That's too bad, I like him.
Posted By: PimTac

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 10:20 PM

He is one of the true straight shooters on the network news. Brilliant and analytical mind. It is surprising that many people do not know he is confined to a wheelchair due to a diving accident in his early years.

With so much fluff and emotional junk on the news these days, he always stood out as the rock of reason. I had wondered where he had gone. He has been away for a while now.

I hope he passes on with minimal pain and suffering. He had already had that in his life.
Posted By: skyactiv

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: PimTac
He is one of the true straight shooters on the network news. Brilliant and analytical mind. It is surprising that many people do not know he is confined to a wheelchair due to a diving accident in his early years.

With so much fluff and emotional junk on the news these days, he always stood out as the rock of reason. I had wondered where he had gone. He has been away for a while now.

I hope he passes on with minimal pain and suffering. He had already had that in his life.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2769890032001/?#sp=show-clips
Posted By: 69GTX

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 11:10 PM

I've always been impressed with Charles' political analysis. One of few straight shooters in the media. They can't afford to lose people like this.
Posted By: Leo99

Re: Krauthammer - 06/08/18 11:35 PM

I was a fan of his years ago and was surprised to learn he was paralyzed and in a wheelchair his whole writing career.
Posted By: NormanBuntz

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 12:02 AM

A man truly worth admiring for his intellect and his perseverance. He has been dealt some bad cards.
Posted By: pbm

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 01:30 AM

I agree with all the praise being heaped on Charles Krauthammer...a great intellect who was honest.
Posted By: 4WD

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: pbm
I agree with all the praise being heaped on Charles Krauthammer...a great intellect who was honest.

Amen he could summarize the daily rhetoric like no other had no issue taking a position different from the host and do so in a cool, calm, and thoughtful manner
Posted By: dishdude

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 01:51 AM

I'm on the complete opposite end of the political spectrum as Krauthammer, but I always respected him and the way he laid out his opinion. An extremely intelligent man and I wish him and his family the best.
Posted By: spackard

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 02:01 AM

Another person I like at the roundtable is Mara Liasson, not because I agree with her but because she can verbally put herself on both sides of a position and explain how it looks from each side. Not many pundits can do that.

Anyway, maybe Charles hung in there with work a little too long. Not sure if I want to work to the very end. Apparently he wrote "I have lived the life I intended, and there is no greater achievement than that."
Posted By: dave123

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 02:15 AM

A man you can sit and listen to or read how he articulates his words or writings just Brilliant.
Posted By: IndyFan

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 02:31 AM

I really respected Krauthammer and enjoyed listening to him, even when I disagreed with him, which he made very hard to do sometimes.

It saddens me to hear he's nearing the end. What a dignified and strong man he is. I'll miss him greatly.
Posted By: JeffKeryk

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 03:14 AM

I have been listening to Mr. Krauthammer since the early 80's.
I rarely agree with his politics, but have learned a lot from him.
Charles, you will be missed.
Posted By: csandste

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 07:10 AM

Sad. Remember watching Bill Buckley debate various liberals on PBS. Conservative intellectuals are a thinning breed, I'm afraid. He'll be missed.
Posted By: Beatlebob32

Re: Krauthammer - 06/09/18 08:39 AM

A brilliant, analytical mind whose prescence will be missed. God bless him.
Posted By: Lawn_Care

Re: Krauthammer - 06/10/18 01:40 AM

I have nothing but respect for Mr. Charles Krauthammer.

While I might not have always agreed with some of his views, I still enjoyed hearing and reading his views and analysis of events as they unfolded.
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy