Warning for best buy shoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know that they only have a 15 day return policy, after that you're out of luck. They don't even issue store credit. I'd avoid this place like the plague and let them go out of business.

Surprises me they are still in business and the return policy is the least of the reasons why.

I'm used to being able to return something a year later and getting store credit so I can just buy something else. I thought every store was like that.

If you think its bad being a customer try working there. I worked there for one year 20 years ago and I still won't do business with them!

Sad to say I haven't shopped there in a long time. Appreciate the information.

Is this new?

How come you didn't tell me this back in 2007, when I was not satisfied with my 16 day-old laptop!?

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
If you think its bad being a customer try working there. I worked there for one year 20 years ago and I still won't do business with them!
If it was the one in Topeka I could see why. It took them 40mins to find a modem I purchased last month. I purchased it online to pickup in store. I got the alert that it was ready. Yet they had them sitting on shelf. I asked them if I could just take this one and said they would have to cancel the online order. 40mins, a canceled order I finally got what I needed. What a joke. On top of that treated me like ****. IF it wasnt on sale I would have gone somewhere else.

They don't have to let you return things at all. They could just say "all sales are final". They lose money when people return things because then they have to sell it as an open box item at a discount.

Last couple of times I went into a Best Buy just to look, there were more employees than customers. Always a bad sign for any business. I think they are not long for this business world, like many brick and mortar businesses.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
If it was the one in Topeka I could see why. It took them 40mins to find a modem I purchased last month. I purchased it online to pickup in store. I got the alert that it was ready. Yet they had them sitting on shelf. I asked them if I could just take this one and said they would have to cancel the online order. 40mins, a canceled order I finally got what I needed. What a joke. On top of that treated me like ****. IF it wasnt on sale I would have gone somewhere else.

Nope, Wichita but they all sucks

It probably states their return policy right on the mile long receipt they gave you. Come on man....They sell electronics, You can't expect a year long return policy!

I personally like Best Buy, Bought a scratch & dent refrigerator there over a year ago (with the 3 year warranty)& it went out last month......They replaced it with a brand new one!!

you tend to [censored], Whine & Cry about a lot things, Calm down.....You'll live longer!

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
They don't have to let you return things at all. They could just say "all sales are final". They lose money when people return things because then they have to sell it as an open box item at a discount.

A percentage of returns are all factored into the price, along with damaged goods.

I guess I'm in the minority. I always kind've liked Best Buy. Decent cheap mass-fi stuff. I still use my $99 Sony cd player that I bought there maybe in 1990? Still jamming tunes flawlessly on it!!

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
It probably states their return policy right on the mile long receipt they gave you. Come on man....They sell electronics, You can't expect a year long return policy!

I personally like Best Buy, Bought a scratch & dent refrigerator there over a year ago (with the 3 year warranty)& it went out last month......They replaced it with a brand new one!!

you tend to [censored], Whine & Cry about a lot things, Calm down.....You'll live longer!

I'm just informing others.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

A percentage of returns are all factored into the price, along with damaged goods.

Yes, but there is nothing that says they have to allow returns. By allowing returns, they're providing a service to try and keep customers happy. They could just tell you you're out of luck as soon as you leave the store, but that's not good for business.

in many parts of the world your return time ends the minute you walk out the door. American have become spoiled to the generous return policy of American stores.

When Costco instituted its 90 day policy on electronics it was because returns took 3-4 cents off the share price. That is a lot of loss

I bought three TV's at Best Buy in the last month. I researched their return policy beforehand.

They didn't hide their return policy, and they sold what I was looking for, at better prices than most other places. I don't have any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back