Philip K. ****'s Electric Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here checked out Philip K. ****'s Electric Dreams on Amazon Video?

Ten episodes are out in the first season. I thought they did a particularly good job jazzing things up to reflect current visions of next-generation technology. Good cast & good SFX. My favorite was probably their treatment of Autofac, a story I recall reading as a teenager.

I wish I had met Philip K. **** at a sci fi con somewhere before he passed away, he died while I was in my early 20's. It would have been awesome to hang out around him for a weekend, especially at that point in my life.

Last edited:
I watched the first two episodes one night last last weekend. I was very impressed with the storylines, acting, and production. I look forward to seeing the rest when I have some spare time in the near future.

Amazon has some impressive original content (though I understand they did not commission this, only picked up the US rights).

I put Episode 1 as my strong #2 choice.

Cast members like Anna Paquin, Steve Buscemi, Juno Temple, etc. this certainly wasn't cut rate.

My favorite form of literature is the short story. If I don't like one, it doesn't last too long and then I'm on to the next one. In college I took a course specifically in short stories for my literature requirement, but none of the stories we studied in that course were science fiction.

As far as full length movies made from Philip K. **** stories, I think my favorite is A Scanner Darkly although it never attained the notoriety of say Blade Runner or Minority Report.

I've watched both seasons of The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Video. Been impressed with that too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
I put Episode 1 as my strong #2 choice.

Cast members like Anna Paquin, Steve Buscemi, Juno Temple, etc. this certainly wasn't cut rate.

I read that in the original broadcast (BBC or somewhere), that episode was #5 or so. I think they lead with it on Amazon to hook you (it was quite good).

I almost mentioned MITHC in my first post; that exceeded my expectations, too. Looking forward to more of it.

I always thought Electric Dreams was essentially the Blade Runner story-line.

An interesting side note, I read an article recently that said that the Blade Runner universe is the precursor to the Alien(s) one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back