gas stove burners? cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an older standard 30"? gas stove. 2 burners can go pretty strong (more than I need). Other 2 burners pretty weak. Someone suggested clean orifices with paper clip??? Planning to get new stove in spring. Until then, thoughts?

Also a thought: our natural gas cooktop has two high-output burners and two low-output.

I've cleaned more than one stove with burners. They can benefit from a mechanical cleaning or chemically with Castrol Superclean. If you can take it apart it'll be easier.

You know with many news stovea you cannot ignite the burners during a power outage. Just know that.

Why a new stove? they are all mostly modular and repairable?

I bought Wife got a new MagicChef slide in 15 years ago for 900bucks and other than look fancier. it doesn't do anything better than the old unit - in fact its worse. Stay away from stainless. on the cooktop. Hard to impossible to clean.

Its a deal breaker for me.

Idiot Government Nannies for Ninnies.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
You know with many news stovea you cannot ignite the burners during a power outage. Just know that.

A lighter doesnt work? link?

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

Why a new stove? they are all mostly modular and repairable?

I bought Wife got a new MagicChef slide in 15 years ago for 900bucks and other than look fancier. it doesn't do anything better than the old unit - in fact its worse. Stay away from stainless. on the cooktop. Hard to impossible to clean.

Its a deal breaker for me.

Idiot Government Nannies for Ninnies.

If it's got a Piezo Igniter, it lights without electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back