A few thoughts on the past ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we as a nation , make mistakes ? Yep , we sure do . Some times we do the right thing for the wrong reason . Some times we do the wrong things for the right reasons . We are a collection of humans & we all have feet of clay .

There is evil in this world & there is good in this world . Hitler & his government were evil . Stalin and his government were evil . Tojo and / or Hirohito and their government were evil . Chairman Mao and his government were evil .

Benito Mussolini and his government were bad , maybe evil , but no where near the scale as the others listed .

Was FDR and Truman bad , I do not think so . Evil , certainly not , especially compared to the others listed . Were they perfect , certainly not .

Consider this , by 1946 we had accumulated or were well on our way to accumulating enough " special weapons " to pretty much rule the world , if we had so desired .

We did not , we desired to close the terrible chapter in history called WWII . Come home , find a job , buy a car , then a home & raise a family .

I could say more , but it grows late and I think I hear my bed calling me .......

Best wishes , :)
Wyr
God bless

No , good and evil are absolutes .

We as humans are in between . Although the evil men mentioned are so close to the absolute as to be a distinction with out a difference .

Neither do I claim FDR or Truman to be good , in the absolute .

Through preaching , for now ....

All the best to you , :)

Good and Evil based on History taught to us written by us.
How can FDR embrace such a monster as Stalin who killed over 60 million, most of his own people and yet still retain his innocence??

18.gif

50.gif

Good people go to heaven and bad people go to ****.

What about the people who aren't good enough to go to heaven, but aren't bad enough to go to **** ?

I'm thinking there's gotta be a halfway house up there somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Good people go to heaven and bad people go to ****.

What about the people who aren't good enough to go to heaven, but aren't bad enough to go to **** ?

I'm thinking there's gotta be a halfway house up there somewhere.

Purgatory?

Why did FDR (and Churchill) get in bed with Stalin?.
Simple pragmatism. What the outcome of WW2 might have been with the Soviet Union either defeated or a non-combatant is anyones guess.
Stalin summed up the affectiveness of the Big Three thus; Britain gave time, America gave dollars, The Soviets gave blood. Make no mistake, the Wermacht was beaten on the Eastern front, mostly the other theaters of war were sideshows by comparison.
And why didn't America take over the world in 1945?. The population had had enough, they percieved that Germany and Japan had been utterly defeated and wanted their boys home. There was a very strong isolationist lobby before America entered WW2, it took Pearl Harbor to tip the balance.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Good and Evil based on History taught to us written by us.
How can FDR embrace such a monster as Stalin who killed over 60 million, most of his own people and yet still retain his innocence??

Same way Kolin Kappernack embraces Castro and the Cuban regime's atrocities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back