What's your biggest pet peeve on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately? Creepers,and [censored] not using turn signals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting stuck behind people that go 35-40mph all the way down the freeway on ramp then finally gun it at the end ... my little Civic doesn't have much power so I need that on ramp to get up to speed lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jsfalls
Getting stuck behind people that go 35-40mph all the way down the freeway on ramp then finally gun it at the end ... my little Civic doesn't have much power so I need that on ramp to get up to speed lol

There's no law that says you have to stay within 4 car lengths of the guy in front, slow down and leave some space so you can merge how you like.

People who refuse to turn their high beams off when there's oncoming traffic, even when you flash your high beams back at them repeatedly. Also people who leave their high beams when they're right behind you. That's even worse, especially since you can't flash back at them and there's nothing you can really do about it.

Also people who don't turn their headlights on at all in rain/fog/snow, or at dawn/dusk, or sometimes even when it's totally dark out!

35.gif

Since someone already mentioned my biggest one. I'd have to say the next biggest is the people that know a lane is closed ahead for road work. Yet will fly all the way to the front where it ends(everyone else moves over before knowing) and turn blinker on after everyone else has waited in the other lane to get up there stuck in traffic.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: jsfalls

There's no law that says you have to stay within 4 car lengths of the guy in front, slow down and leave some space so you can merge how you like.

Because slowing down and holding up the 10+ other cars also trying to merge makes much more sense . . . If there is nobody behind me sure, but in rush hour traffic you're going to be slowing up cars all the way through the intersection.

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
Tailgaters. I am going 5mph over the limit, they ride my tail.

This. I'm going 40 in a 35, isn't that enough?

mad.gif

Originally Posted By: John_K
Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
Tailgaters. I am going 5mph over the limit, they ride my tail.

This. I'm going 40 in a 35, isn't that enough?

mad.gif

This x1000

People leaving their very powerful high beams on. I have quite strong regular HID lights and high beams. Often times I turn my off even before they are visible. I understand if someone has very weak regular lights and use their high beams. There are cars that have that problem. I don't mind those circumstances. But if they have as good or stronger lights than me it is really annoying.

People who think they have to direct traffic at a 4 way stop generally they are over age of 60.

Originally Posted By: bradtech
Since someone already mentioned my biggest one. I'd have to say the next biggest is the people that know a lane is closed ahead for road work. Yet will fly all the way to the front where it ends(everyone else moves over before knowing) and turn blinker on after everyone else has waited in the other lane to get up there stuck in traffic.

+1
Wonder if they have done studies on how to keep cars go thru the lane closure scenario and found a method which when obeyed to the teeth will result in smooth flowing traffic thru there.

People that switch lanes in front of semis. Semis leave space to stop and everyone takes advantage of it. I have seen so many close calls this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back