Andrew Camarata cuts open his diesel filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not how I would have done it!
grin2.gif

Andrew Camarata cuts open his diesel fuel filters

Jump to 57:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtFl5iJ7eVk

Certainly not the brightest bulb in the strand! Cutting fuel filters open with a angle grinder?? He's lucky they didn't catch fire!

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Certainly not the brightest bulb in the strand! Cutting fuel filters open with a angle grinder?? He's lucky they didn't catch fire!

Good luck getting Diesel to light with sparks

Originally Posted by ad244

I bet red hot metal would get it lit!

The filter cutting part....meh. I didn't think anything of it. I've never heard of the guy but I watched a large portion of the linked video and really enjoyed it. Neat job, nice editing and loved the views from his drone. Thanks for the video!

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by ad244

I bet red hot metal would get it lit!

If it did, it would be a slow burn, nothing like gas.

His videos are an acquired taste but I like the guy. Man is not afraid of work. Andrew digging dirt, paving roads and knocking down trees while using a fleet of used equipment he keeps running is very watchable.

Originally Posted by dustyroads
The filter cutting part....meh. I didn't think anything of it. I've never heard of the guy but I watched a large portion of the linked video and really enjoyed it. Neat job, nice editing and loved the views from his drone. Thanks for the video!

He's in YOUR neck of the woods.

Check his other videos - pretty fascinating.

Originally Posted by Linctex

He's in YOUR neck of the woods.

Check his other videos - pretty fascinating.

Yup I will watch more of his videos as time permits. I subscribed to his channel and skimmed through the titles to see that he has a good number of videos posted.

I saw the NY plates and was wondering where he was located. I looked up his website and see that he's about 140 miles SE from my home area.

Anyone know what engine is in that Ford dump truck (the one that had the plugged fuel filter)? Just curious.

Originally Posted by DeepFriar
His videos are an acquired taste but I like the guy. Man is not afraid of work. Andrew digging dirt, paving roads and knocking down trees while using a fleet of used equipment he keeps running is very watchable.

I've only seen one video so far, but I'm interested for the same reasons you've mentioned above. I have two cousins that are much like Andrew in what they do, how they go about things as well as the machinery they buy and their ability to use/repair it. I don't think they'll ever be on the tube, though.

Anyone know what engine is in that Ford dump truck (the one that had the plugged fuel filter)? Just curious.

That is a Brazilian Ford 7.8 liter

Originally Posted by Linctex

That is a Brazilian Ford 7.8 liter

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back