Baldwin pf7934 fuel filters for 6.4 powerstroke diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I've got an 08 Ford duty with the 6.4 powerstroke Diesel. I have recently installed the pf7934 Baldwin Fuel filters . Now I am reading form after forum that says motorcraft filters only. Not sure why the Baldwin is deemed inadequate by others. Postings do state that the Baldwin has no sock on the primary filter for moisture purposes making it undesirable. I drain the water separator once every 8 weeks. Never have had anymore than a drop of water in it. I run Baldwin's successfully on our whole fleet of trucks and yellow equipment never a problem. What's the consensus here? Is the Baldwin any worse than the motorcraft?
If so, how? Why are close intervals required on the fuel filters? Insight?

I've used Baldwin fuel filters for YEARS on my 2 Cummins Rams I've had, both the '02 & '06, and I've never seen water in mine either. If you get decent fuel from a place that sells a lot, and keep your tanks as full as possible, IMO the fuel filter is really an insurance policy more than a necessity (not that I would run a truck without one). The Baldwins have been perfect, and quite a few semi fleets would agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back