92 f-250 with a c-6 transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a filter kit with a pan gasket.I was wondering if the metal screen filter needs a new gasket? This is the first time for me with a c-6. I don't think it would have an o'ring? I am also wondering about the cork gasket and if I should use sealer? The kit also has two seals and an o'ring with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of kits have multiple applications. Use what the last guy did. The old answer to stick a cork gasket was some heavy grease. All you should need is for the gasket to defy gravity as you screw the pan on. If the cork gasket has shrunk, you can soak it in warm water. Check the pan for dished holes. Flatten the sealing area on the pan carefully. Don't forget the magnet. Tighten the pan screws evenly to hand tight. Give a last wiggle to seat it and tighten it to just snug. you want it to seal but not distort the pan. BMWs spoiled me, they have drain plugs. If you can swing it, I'd go for a new pan with a plug.

The C-6 filter kit should come with a new filter gasket.
There are 2 different size bolts holding the filter in place. Take note of their position.
I think 8 and 10 mm sockets.
I don't like cork gaskets.
What ATF are you planning to use?
Ford has approved either Mercon or Mercon V.

I really don't have a problem with the pan.It is the filter itself and if it needs a gasket?

Originally Posted By: ron17571
I really don't have a problem with the pan.It is the filter itself and if it needs a gasket?

I would use the supplied gasket even if there wasn't one originally. Could have been a revision sometime long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back