Wi Fi reapeter signal booster?

So I am using visible. I am told they use Verizon LTE even thought I don't know what that means or what the difference is with regular Verizon or if its the same.But I don't have a very good signal at home I was told I could get a booster or I don't know if the repeater is the same or whats what can anyone help?

LTE is the newer long term evolution technology. My dad went in circles with Terrible-Mobile as they said the repeaters were tied to your "region". Hopefully Verizon can help. You should see if there are prl and software updates that can help.

The phone is updated I am about a mile or little more from lake Michigan and just in between towers and its pretty bad one bar maybe jumps to two or three at best.I mean the service is 20.00 cheaper than anywhere else for everything it gives.I have used AT&T and T mobile in my area and both had issues as well.I figured if this booster would help.

Cell phone signal boosters can help, but installation is key. Boosters come with two different types of antennas, directional and omni-directional. If you climb up on your roof with your phone and have a two or three bars, a omni-directionalT antenna system may work well for you. If it's still weak, you may need a directional antenna which needs to be carefully aimed and works best with clear line of site access to the tower.

visible doesn't just use Verizon, it IS Verizon, they(Verizon) own it(visible). it's their discount carrier..similar to At&t and Cricket...
are the signal issues just at your house?
because a booster/repeater in basic terms is a box that (usually) connects to your internet connection,(and I clearly could be wrong on that) and puts out their phone signal in the immediate area. it's not super powerful of a broadcaster (in line with wifi, or cordless phones) so don't expect it to fix a large area...

what you can check into is if your phone is capable of wifi calling. if so, turn it on, and make sure the phone is connected to your wifi network.

it(wifi Calling) was a blessing on my last trip to Canada... I'm on Verizon Prepaid, and they had JUST added travel pass to the prepaid system. I had everything set up from my end, new phone, travel pas activated on my account, extra funds loaded into my account (cost $5/day) but as soon as i was out of range of US towers, I had no signal. but i was able to use the wifi at their travel centers and at my destination to make calls/etc.

Last edited:
Booster also depends on what kind of standard and frequency of the data transmission.

You need to know those information for your particular service provider.
Trouble is, the service provider may use different frequency at different places.
While the phone itself can adjust but the frequency of the booster needs to match the frequency of the signal source.

wow so much more complicated than I new.On ebay you can put in Verizon some say LTE some don't.The issue is mostly at my home and I am trying to use the phone for wi fi.Ironically if I use the wi fi and use a different phone its faster than the phone with visible.So a repeater and a booster are two different things?

Well if you don't have good signal to begin with, then you need to boost/strengthen the signal first.

Otherwise, even if you use repeater, it will repeat the same bad signal to almost nothing.

Just a logic.

I have a repeater. Got it off ebay or amazon. I got a channel 13 only one, which works with the 700 mhz verizon my whole family uses. We use verizon b/c it's the least worst signal where we go, and at home.

I used Network Cell info lite to figure out what channel I barely got. It told me the tower number which I found on cellmapper.net. It wasn't the closest one geographically!

Climbed my roof, pointed my directional antenna towards the tower, bob's your uncle. Works great. Thinking of dropping my landline finally.

Visible IS Verizon service, wholly owned by Verizon Visible is Verizons no contract cell phone service.If you are having an issue it is not the Visible service, its your phone or Verizon towers are limited in your area.
Maybe I am missing something here but your asking for help with cell phone service and I cant find anyplace in this thread what kind of phone you are using.

Verizon Prepaid, which I use, is Verizon's no contract cell phone service. Visible is their third tier of service, and it is noticeably worse than the fully branded prepaid or postpaid. My friends are having a try with Visible while keeping active their old Verizon phones as well. They have had Visible-specific network issues which do not affect Verizon at the same location. This has something to do with how Visible routes the traffic after it leaves the ground side of the tower, which is not always the same paths that Verizon uses. Also notable is that Visible only uses 4G, while Verizon will fall back to previous Gs if there isn't a usable 4G signal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by cknight49090
So I am using visible. I am told they use Verizon LTE even thought I don't know what that means or what the difference is with regular Verizon or if its the same.But I don't have a very good signal at home I was told I could get a booster or I don't know if the repeater is the same or whats what can anyone help?

This is an easy one, but you have to tell us the make and model of your phone in order to help.
Cant even begin to help without knowing that.

Back