Looking for info on Vintage Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.
BENNETT PUMPS COMPANY
Established in 1922
In 1928 Bennett was purchased and became a subsidiary of the "Service Station Equipment Company"

Around 1932 SSEC moved the manufacturing facilities to Conshohocken, Pennsylvania and started labeling the equipment as being made by the SSEC, rather than Bennett
In 1936 the company returned to Muskegon, Michigan and the equipment was again labeled Bennett Pump Company Offices still in Muskegon, Michigan
Still very much in business today

Bennett was formed in 1919, they were not in the pump business.

In 1929 Service Station Equipment, Ltd. of Toronto purchased, Bennett, Shotwell and ECO (original name was Western Mfg.).

In 1950 the SSE was dropped and they became a division of the John Wood Co. In 1964 Anthes Imperial Ltd. purchased controlling interest in the Wood Co.

1968, Anthes merged with Molson Breweries.
1979, Bennett was sold to SATAM of Paris, France.
1984 became part of Compagnie Generale des Eaux of Paris.
1990, a small group of investors purchased the company and returned ownership to Muskegon, Mich. where it all began. They are still in business, although they no longer make the ECO Tireflator.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Filled it with oil?

Does it work?

It sure does, when I bought it the pump turned but wasn't making air. I narrowed the trouble to the high pressure cylinder and turned out to be stuck valves. I took them apart,cleaned and oiled them and it now makes air.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Bennett was formed in 1919, they were not in the pump business.

In 1929 Service Station Equipment, Ltd. of Toronto purchased, Bennett, Shotwell and ECO (original name was Western Mfg.).

In 1950 the SSE was dropped and they became a division of the John Wood Co. In 1964 Anthes Imperial Ltd. purchased controlling interest in the Wood Co.

1968, Anthes merged with Molson Breweries.
1979, Bennett was sold to SATAM of Paris, France.
1984 became part of Compagnie Generale des Eaux of Paris.
1990, a small group of investors purchased the company and returned ownership to Muskegon, Mich. where it all began. They are still in business, although they no longer make the ECO Tireflator.

Thanks for the info:)

Very cool.

I just love the old stuff, especially compressors and flywheel engines. Thanks for the pics and I hope you find an appropriate tank & motor. Keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back