2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 Twin Turbo?

Anyone have one? They seem dirt cheap now, 20-25k for a nice used one. 400hp awd twin turbo for price of a camry. My new 4 mile commute has me listing my Golf Sportwagen for sale in search of something far less economical.

Looking for AWD, big power, good price, could be 2 seater all the way up to an SRT GC in size. Ive always wanted chevy SS but they never seem to be on sale, just for sale. Willing to spend 35k or less maybe.

I dont need to take family or road trip in this, so a higher mileage example could be considered.

I rented a 2.0T MKZ last year and liked it....I can imagine the 3.0T is very powerful.... Does the 3.0T have the internal water pump?....if so I'd pass due to poor design....

Probably not a bad car, but I won't consider an AWD car that doesn't have a default 40/60 front/rear torque split.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Probably not a bad car, but I won't consider an AWD car that doesn't have a default 40/60 front/rear torque split.

Well then you want a Mercedes, they still do the traditional layout. For power, there's the 2014 E-550, 402hp, Last year they made it. For a 2017, you just have the E43 AMG, that only had 396hp in a twin turbo 3.0 V6. Probably looking at 35-45k on the E43. The 2014 E550 is 18-25k.

I looked at a Lincoln before getting a Mercedes, they were just more limited in their options and what they had as standard. MB had stuff standard like heated windshield washer fluid, 3 position memory driver and passenger seats etc.

Yeah, i may not be 100% satisfied with front wheel drive bias. 2020 Camaro LT1 brand new could be the way to go. I will need to go sit in one and see if i can deal with the visibility bs.

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Well then you want a Mercedes, they still do the traditional layout. For power, there's the 2014 E-550, 402hp, Last year they made it. For a 2017, you just have the E43 AMG, that only had 396hp in a twin turbo 3.0 V6. Probably looking at 35-45k on the E43. The 2014 E550 is 18-25k.

I looked at a Lincoln before getting a Mercedes, they were just more limited in their options and what they had as standard. MB had stuff standard like heated windshield washer fluid, 3 position memory driver and passenger seats etc.

I'm probably going to stick with RWD- or at worst a CPO 540i xDrive M Sport with the M Performance PSK.

Originally Posted by dareo

Yeah, i may not be 100% satisfied with front wheel drive bias. 2020 Camaro LT1 brand new could be the way to go. I will need to go sit in one and see if i can deal with the visibility bs.

I loathe FWD in anything larger than Mini. A local Chevy dealer has a beautiful Rally Green Metallic 1SS with the 1LE package; I'd definitely be interested if outward visibility wasn't so horrible.

[off-topic]
re: 4 miles commute and 400hp.

Please please please please tell me you have some curves or hills or something to get your fluids warmed up at least.

Originally Posted by Ws6
They did a horrible job with that car, performance-wise.

It's a Lincoln. Performance isn't at the top of the requirements list.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Ws6
They did a horrible job with that car, performance-wise.

It's a Lincoln. Performance isn't at the top of the requirements list.

Haha, that's like those guys who cross-compete and then go all "I'm more of a such and such anyways..." when they fail hard.
(Strikers who try to grapple, Michael Jordan at anything but basketball, and Lincoln and twin turbo 400hp 14 second cars, lol!...)

I owned a very early build with the drivers package that I bought CPO. I later ended up finding out it was a Ford program car for press and executives. It was fun but it had been beat on pretty good. The more I drove it, the more issues I found. Even though I had a 100k warranty, I dumped it because I was sick of taking it to the dealer.Now, I know a few people that have them with no issues.

It's fast most of the time. There is a lot of torque management so you don't grenade the trans. It's not a bad car for the money, especially now. The car is heavy and softly sprung so it's definitely no corner carver. It can eat up the miles well though.

If I had it to do over again I would of gotten a lightly used 2018 (non cpo). I would of had livernois motor sports tune it and add a few suspension mods to tighten things up a little. Then meticulously maintain it. There are a lot of Fusion Sport mods that will fit.

The engine it's self is bulletproof and the AWD system is straight out of a Focus RS which means no open differentials.

Back