2021 Ford Bronco vs. Jeep Wrangler

https://www.motor1.com/photo/4819687/2021-ford-bronco-new-leaked-images/

I think Jeep is going to keep the new Bronco tamped down. From looking at the design features of the all new Bronco, it looks to be competing directly with Jeep. Jeep is firmly rooted and I don't see a Johnny Come Lately from FoMoCo encroaching on the type of market segment Jeep dominates.

I think the new Bronco looks good, but if I had money set aside to spend on that class of vehicle I'd be inclined to lean toward the stalwart, the proven, the Jeep.

Do I see correctly that the fenders flare upwards the entire way to the windshield? Looks like a piece of Chinese military equipment. No thanks!

I just prefer the Wrangler. Ford will likely botch the launch as they often do. Ford dealers will assist by plastering ADM stickers on them as well.

Originally Posted by Blkstanger
That thing is ugly

+1

If it looked closer to the images leaked of the concept vehicle it would have more of a chance. This looks like a combo between a Raptor and a Mini Cooper Countryman.

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
That thing is ugly

+1

If it looked closer to the images leaked of the concept vehicle it would have more of a chance. This looks like a combo between a Raptor and a Mini Cooper Countryman.

You owe Mini an apology.

I think a lot of folks will like it's looks once released. Not a assembly line shot.

Honestly, from what I've heard it will give you 95% of the off road chops from the Jeep while actually not being a pain in the [censored] driving on road (especially at high speeds). It will have Raptor version too.

There was the Bronco, the Jeep and Jeepster, Land cruiser, Patrol, Land Rover, and Scout. Ford is hardly new to this segment. I see the original Bronco in it. Try to buy a nice 60's Bronco and see what it costs.

I drove my TJ to work today; granted, it's no sports coupe but I actually enjoy driving it a couple of times per week. Of course I've only owned it for 18 years, so there's that.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
There was the Bronco, the Jeep and Jeepster, Land cruiser, Patrol, Land Rover, and Scout. Ford is hardly new to this segment. I see the original Bronco in it. Try to buy a nice 60's Bronco and see what it costs.

I inherited my father's 1973 Bronco V8 in 1991. I sold it a few years later without regret- now or then.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
That thing is ugly

+1

You owe Mini an apology.

I like the other Minis, especially the Cooper S. The Countryman is just... meh.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by Farnsworth

I inherited my father's 1973 Bronco V8 in 1991. I sold it a few years later without regret- now or then.

I was down at Mecum in January. EB's were fetching $40 - $120K. It was nuts! With the new one coming out, I'm going to hold on to mine for a while.

Regarding the original post topic and the "vs" between the Wrangler and Bronc, being a Jeep guy and a Bronco guy, I have to say that it depends on what it's used for.
I spotted IFS on the Bronco, so right off the bat, the Wrangler wins off road. Driveability? If they stick the 3.5EB or 5.0L in the Bronco, then that's going to be a wicked p!ssah ride. It does look like it has F150 underpinnings - so maybe. The 4 door looks like a stretched FJ Cruiser to me, but I actually like the 2 door.

My '12 F150 5.0L only has 70K on the clock and although I was window shopping recently, I'd like to see a little price competition on these. Decent Wranglers and Gladiators are fetching $50K+++. Doesn't make sense to not buy a regular pickup and have better towing.

We shall see what happens.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
I think a lot of folks will like it's looks once released. Not a assembly line shot.

Honestly, from what I've heard it will give you 95% of the off road chops from the Jeep while actually not being a pain in the [censored] driving on road (especially at high speeds). It will have Raptor version too.

Your correct
How can anyone make a comparison of a vehicle that's not even released yet and only so called spy shots to make a remark about it.
If spy shots are the gospel about the new Bronco then this pic shows it with the wrong wheel and tire combo
The new Bronco and Raptor are gona share the same combo
So we'll all see soon I hope

Last edited:
Here ya go LoneRanger

This pic doesn't look like your pic

D17FC62F-83B1-4B7D-8000-664BF1D1E001.jpeg

It's going to be a Ford FJ Cruiser. Decent enough truck platform, but a lot of goofy styling to look retro and Wrangler-like.

I don't love the styling of the Ford Everest, but I prefer it to the cartoon look of the Bronco.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
It's going to be a Ford FJ Cruiser. Decent enough truck platform, but a lot of goofy styling to look retro and Wrangler-like.

I don't love the styling of the Ford Everest, but I prefer it to the cartoon look of the Bronco.

Unless

You work for Ford

You nor anybody else around knows what the **** it's going to look like in real time production

Spy pics are just that

Take a bag of chips and sit back and wait and see like everybody else chief !!!

Nobody outside of Ford has a clue right now what is real or not !!!

Last edited:
Pics of the proposed new Bronco in skittles blue with the white roof just seems BoneHead.
Nobody on the design team thought it looks enough like the FJ already.... why tie the image even further ?
Being a standout and something a bit different would seem like marketing 101.

This styling and the new Defender look too Tupperwear to me.

They may be great all around and sell like crazy though. I'm not wanting to be so critical, just kind of surprised at the direction these went.

Originally Posted by kstanf150

Unless

You work for Ford

You nor anybody else around knows what the **** it's going to look like in real time production

Spy pics are just that

Given the consistency of what has been shown in spy photos over months, I think it's pretty clear this will be a Ford FJ Cruiser, and I'm betting the most recent pictures are close to/exactly what it will look like. It's competing against the Wrangler and the new Defender...this is not going to be a conservatively styled SUV version of a truck, it will be tacticool bro-machine all the way. I actually think it looks a little better than a Wrangler or new Defender, but it still looks too much like a Wrangler or new Defender for my tastes.

I wonder how long it will take the aftermarket to come out with an angry grille and squinty lights.

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Originally Posted by kstanf150

Unless

You work for Ford

Spy pics are just that

Given the consistency of what has been shown in spy photos over months, I think it's pretty clear this will be a Ford FJ Cruiser, and I'm betting the most recent pictures are close to/exactly what it will look like. It's competing against the Wrangler and the new Defender...this is not going to be a conservatively styled SUV version of a truck, it will be tacticool bro-machine all the way. I actually think it looks a little better than a Wrangler or new Defender, but it still looks too much like a Wrangler or new Defender for my tastes.

I wonder how long it will take the aftermarket to come out with an angry grille and squinty lights.

Ahhh let me guess unless, you must also think that unless it's not lifted 5 inches with 37 inch tires not covered in mud and banged/dinged up at all it's a mall cruiser. I have aftermarket grill, not angry bird and a minor lift level and occasionally go into the scenic backcountry, thing is the ones who mock the "mall crawler jeeps" are the same ones who are always begging for help or looking for used parts mainly drive shafts and or someone who can weld something back on that they snapped off thinking their Jeep is invincible, because they can't afford maintenance after dropping all their money on gas and 5g suspension alteration. And then cry because if they drive over 40 their Jeep is uncontrollable. Live and live, last I checked someone else's vehicle is just that, and they can do as they please, drive what they please and modify it as they please.

Back