Help choose a Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is WAY overpriced! It is a Nissan Rouge with 4x2 drive, base engine 3.5 year and 36k miles on it (almost out of warranty) with cloth and SV options most I'd pay for that is $13-14k car MAX, if I wanted one which with the CVT issues I would not. If you want a nice, luxurious, fast, and fairly reliable Nissan SUV (with RWD or AWD as nature intended) for $16k go hunt down a 2012-14 EX/FX37 with 30-50k miles and keep $2-3k aside for repairs.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Pick something else. Their CVT's have only been getting worse.

I've been eyeballing a CPO 2018 Altima, but the CVTs have really got me turned away, at least the local dealer, Tom Wood Nissan in Indy offers lifetime warranties with their vehicles, but even then I'm still a little on edge about dropping $12-15k on a used car that might grenade itself

Guys, he joined to put a link in of the Nissan. The anti Nissan CVT crowd is using this as an opportunity to be the "town crier".

Dunno about you guys, but my recent experience with a 2019 Altima with CVT was actually OK.
Once you get used to how a CVT "shifts", it makes sense and is reasonable.
The "icing on the cake" for me, was the easy access to the trans dipstick for regular CVT fluid changes.

If I were in the market, I'd seriously consider it (since I enjoy doing fluid swaps etc.).
thumbsup2.gif

Nissan CVT's works fine out of the box. The problems come after the 60-100k miles of mixed driving when the warranty is gone and the cost of a new CVT is about as much as the car is worth.

Originally Posted by GZRider
Nissan CVT's works fine out of the box. The problems come after the 60-100k miles of mixed driving when the warranty is gone and the cost of a new CVT is about as much as the car is worth.

Just the way it was engineered to work. Programmed obsolescence.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner .

Exactly, then the dealer offers you $1500-2k for trade on the car or you can tow it, but hey they will roll the 4-10k you still owe on it into the loan on a 202X model. What's $300 a month for 84 months among friends?

Originally Posted by csandste
Well if the OP was posting in hopes that he could SPAM up some interest I guess he's disappointed. If not, please come back on another post not related to Nissan CVTs

Looks like a drive by. It hasn't been back since. Probably laughing in the basement.

Was about to ask about a low miles used '17 Infinity QX50, 3.7, 7sp auto that I like. Does this one fall in same boat as all of the above?

Originally Posted by DweezilAZ
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Ding ding ding ! We have a winner .

well yeah, but that's just your opinions.

What about that dude on here with his Altima with almost 200k trouble free miles on the original powertrain?

A potential spam troll post with the word Nissan in it results in pages of CVT bashing. Imagine that. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back