Took a ride in a 2018 Buick TourX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and the Mrs. went for a spin in a new 2018 Buick Regal TourX wagon. I didn't drive it, as the salesman said he would need to copy my drivers license, which I wasn't willing to do. So we just had him do the driving. The car seemed to have plenty of power, and was very quiet. Nice and roomy, and we really liked the seats. Color was silver with beige/black interior. We've been seeing some deep discounts off MSRP, and could see one in our future. Although, we are supposedly looking for a new mid-size truck, which could be a Ridgeline or Tacoma. Ruled out a Frontier, as we didn't care for the cramped back seat (crew cab).

I love the tour-x. One of the coolest, most underappreciated cars available right now. You can pick them up at HUGE discounts too. A guy i know just got one for 24k, original msrp was 45k. Of course I'm pretty biased towards the style as i drive an audi allroad lol. I wish more people bought wagons instead of silly crossovers.

Originally Posted by Zuzuwu
I wish more people bought wagons instead of silly crossovers.
They seem to be obsolete: Low visibility while backing up without the extra ride height of an SUV to make up for it. Better MPG than a SUV, but I think most people will take the MPG hit to drive a larger vehicle without complaining. Low cars are difficult to get into for old or fat people making them feel old or fat.

Does Subaru still make car wagons or are they closer to SUVs now? Manual trans wagon is an enthusiasts dream but I don't think people actually buy them. I think Subarus are the only ones left? I love VWs but I'm not sure I would want to rely on an Audi Allroad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by maxdustington

And the difference is...?

I could put some lowering springs on my Atlas and call it a wagon, but that would improve it in what way?

Now this is a wagon.

[Linked Image]

Funny, on the Opel Insignia it is based on the start/stop can be disabled and on this it cannot. For me that would be an immediate deal breaker, more proof GM can and will mess up anything they get their hands on. An aftermarket SSAM module is available for this car in Germany to permanently disable it so you don't have to press the button every trip.

I have only recently learned of this start/stop feature on vehicles. Not something I would want on a car (boat, plane either, lol).

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by maxdustington

And the difference is...?

I could put some lowering springs on my Atlas and call it a wagon, but that would improve it in what way?

Don't see much difference either

29D61DB6-FEC0-4369-BF76-088505740B83.jpeg

I once had an interest in this vehicle but the start/stop feature and no spare tire lead me to drop my fascination. Yes, those are deal breakers for me.

Originally Posted by Rumble
Me and the Mrs. went for a spin in a new 2018 Buick Regal TourX wagon. I didn't drive it, as the salesman said he would need to copy my drivers license, which I wasn't willing to do. So we just had him do the driving. .

I test drove a truck today and didn't think twice about them copying my DL. What do I have to worry about now? It seems to be SOP, how will you buy a car without driving it first?

Copying the DL is standard practice for dealers.

As for wagons there are plenty, Outback and Ascent, the VW Alltrak, Mazda CX- 9, to name a few. It's a efficient design and makes for a good crossover if raised.

There is one on our local Buick lot, been there for a while. I think they look good, this is coming from a young guy. Too bad wagons don't get much love here in the US.

I just got back from a business trip and was shuttled around in Lincoln MXT and Buick minivans. Other than door configuration, they all seem about the same inside. I imagine a station wagon is the same inside.

The Lincoln was disappointing. Didn't ride very smooth for a limo car. The older Buick minivan wasn't very nice, either but the new minivan was nice.

Don't understand going to test drive a car but not driving the car.

Was it the 2.0 turbo (LTG) our Malibu has that and we are closing in on 60,000 miles not one issue. I really like that little 4cyl.

I like that wagon too. I would like to get on to replace the Malibu when the time comes.

Originally Posted by Leo99
I just got back from a business trip and was shuttled around in Lincoln MXT and Buick minivans. Other than door configuration, they all seem about the same inside. I imagine a station wagon is the same inside.

The Lincoln was disappointing. Didn't ride very smooth for a limo car. The older Buick minivan wasn't very nice, either but the new minivan was nice.

Don't understand going to test drive a car but not driving the car.

Buick hasn't made a minivan in over 12 years, must have been a real classy operation to use vehicles over a decade old.

Giving them your driver's license will put you in to their data base more often than not. Then you will receive possible marketing materials.

There are much worse things to invade your privacy....like walking around with a "live" cellphone.

It's really something how one thing "irks us" and the next thing we don't even worry about.

Last edited:
Now have 2018, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2013 vehicles - in no case did they copy my TDL before a test drive. (they did during the paperwork on a sale).
The salesman did ride with us ... answered questions during the drives ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back