2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know much about these Jeeps other than they hold their value. A customer of mine is seeking this one for $7k, has 136k miles, 4.0l V6, hard top, stock, need tires. No accidents. Paint starting to peel. Everything works normal. Will need ball joints, ets just due to age. He towed it behind his RV mostly, but haven’t really driven it much in the least 2 years. Is this a fair price? What shi Do I look for besides the normal used car stuff.

Actually not a bad price if it isn't rusted. On a 4.0 of that age I'd plan on replacing all the cooling system stuff. Although if it has the 0331 head then I might pass.

Paint/Clearcoat is "not" cheap. You did not mention any rust so thats a huge plus. Everythings else sounds reasonable for the price. Take it for a test drive and see how the tranny shifts also.

Dale

Funny name.

I spent a bit of time in the Sahara (admittedly a bit before 2000) and Jeep Wranglers were about as common as Thames sailing barges.

They run out of 'merican deserts to name it after?

That’s ridiculous money. Plus on a year where the head is basically guaranteed to crack.

I always see used wranglers for sale for what I would consider crazy high prices. What is the reason for this?

7k is S-Class, 7-Series, Escalade money. What's the deal?

Doesn’t matter now, the Jeep sold to someone else and seller got asking price. I saw that exact same Jeep model w more miles, worse shape, soft top only, and asking price is $10k. WTH

Last edited:
Love me a TJ. Look for the 0331 head, if yes then run. Should be able to see the code between cyl 3 & 4. A D44 rear is a +, turdy five not so much. Otherwise, every failing part on a Heep is an opportunity for an upgrade
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Love me a TJ. Look for the 0331 head, if yes then run. Should be able to see the code between cyl 3 & 4. A D44 rear is a +, turdy five not so much. Otherwise, every failing part on a Heep is an opportunity for an upgrade
smile.gif

Hellcat swap? LOL

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
smile.gif

Hellcat swap? LOL

Haven't seen that yet.

Had to dig out the external HDD for this one
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
That’s ridiculous money. Plus on a year where the head is basically guaranteed to crack.

Guaranteed to crack?

I know of 6 Jeeps with 0331 heads in service. All of them have 150k-250k miles. 1 cracked, and it was overheated twice.

Alot of people scoff at prices for Jeeps in general. I picked up a 97 Grand Cherokee over a wrangler for a couple reasons, one main one being its cheaper. The thing about them is... they're amazing. The 4.0 is smooth, powerful enough, and super reliable. You can buy replacement parts ANYWHERE it seems. I look at anything with the 4.0 like people talk about 4runners...

In the cherokee application the fuel economy isn't even bad (4 speed auto). All highway my 97 can pull 22mpg. Great? no, but for a vehicle that cost $3k and has 4wd ontop of other features its tough to beat.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Guaranteed to crack?

I know of 6 Jeeps with 0331 heads in service. All of them have 150k-250k miles. 1 cracked, and it was overheated twice.
I guess it hasn’t happened yet, has it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back