1987 4Runner 333,333.3 miles original engine w/pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the trusty 4Runner rolled 333,333.3 at a convenient place for me to snap a few pictures today. I purchased it 6 years ago from the original owner who had it dealership serviced since new. Obviously I service it myself now but just goes to show whatgood mmaintenance can do for a vehicle. This is the original engine that's never been rebuilt. As shown in the pictures it still has excellent oil pressure and remains my daily driver. Hopefully I can eclipse 400,000 on the original engine which is my goal. I purchased the truck with 255,120 miles on it.

Enjoy.

Currently running Rotella T4 10w30 CK-4 with a Napa gold 1348 filter.

That's awesome! Never have gone that far on any of my vehicles.

nr0sx.jpg

I thought this video was entertaining, educational, and a little weird.

I gave my 22R powered truck away at 500k, only because the body was rusty and the frame cracked.
It was still on the road a couple of years later.

Transmission and diff were still on factory fill!

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Can you tell us something about the oil you've been using?

SF

Look again; under the photos.

He's running dino 10w-30 HDEO. Presumably not the CK-4 for the whole 80k miles, but he'd have to chime in with details.

Last edited:
My old 1991 Ford Ranger had 354K when sold. Engine still showed no signs of wear, ran as quite as day one, oil consumption never increase from when new. Of course used M1 10-30 for the entire life of the truck at my normal 10K OCIs.

To the OP, great to see vehicles cared for and ran for long runs.
thumbsup2.gif

333,333.3 miles This is BITOG unless the P/O ran Amsoil changed weekly the miles didn't happen !!! . Toyotas run and run when maintained.

Originally Posted By: expat
I gave my 22R powered truck away at 500k, only because the body was rusty and the frame cracked.
It was still on the road a couple of years later.

Transmission and diff were still on factory fill!

33.gif

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Can you tell us something about the oil you've been using?

SF

Look again; under the photos.

He's running dino 10w-30 HDEO. Presumably not the CK-4 for the whole 80k miles, but he'd have to chime in with details.

Got it. Thanks. The old Diesel Truck oil trick.

To those curious about the oils used. From new till 255,120 it had dealer bulk. Over the course of my ownership everything from SuperTech Conventional 5w30 to 20w50 Wolfs Head and Valvoline. A few different Synthetic oil runs a few different HDEO in 15w40 some 10w40 motorcycle oil and even Valvoline SAE 30. The current HDEO 10w30 is a first for me as I bought it cheap on Amazon. Next fill will be the same CK-4 10w30 and next in line after I finish that off is Delo 15w30 SD. No real rhyme or reason to my oil choices, just whatever was cheap or convenient at the time.

If I get bored maybe I'll get a copy of all my UOA reports for all but 1 OCI over my ownership and post them here or over in the UOA section.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Thank your lucky stars you live in FL-or that truck would have rotted to death long ago. Rust is the inevitable death of most Toyotas up here!

I have another one up in Michigan that's a rusty mess, had it as a winter vehicle in college and is a woods toy now. This truck was bought new in California and was in AZ when I bought it and brought it to Florida. When I eventually move back to Michigan it won't get driven in the winter.

Hey Luke, I have tons of the MC HDEO 10w30. If you find that cheap, I'd kill to see a UOA on it
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back