Car upgrade season is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got round to upgrading our Family cars.

Clio has gone and been replaced by a 2016 Mercedes S350d LWB SE Line Executive woth 12k Miles, serviced in March by Mercedes UK (it was a Merc management car apparently)

The Picanto has been given to my eldest and wife now has a 2017 Smart ForFour Night Sky Prime Sport Premium Auto with the 0.9 litre turbo engine. A pre registered car with 91 miles on it.

Both cars will be doing 20/25k miles a year and will be getting an extra oil change at half interval.

I drove the Mercedes back from Oxford today and over 90 miles ot returned 54mpg which i was pleased with.

It is a Euro6 with AdBlue.

Congrats and very nice car. Do you have any pictures to share with us bigjl? Thank you.

Looks like car isn't in your signature yet.

Last edited:
Just picked the Merc up today, collecting the Smart tomorrow.

Will be updating the Profile tomorrow.

Its dark here, shall put up some pictures tomorrow.

The Smart must be the smallest car with the longest name!

New price was approx £16500! The Mercedes/Smart Dealer registered it to them in April (to make their sales target) and sold it to us for £11900.

We only went to buy one car!

But when the wife seen the little Smart she was smitten.

It really is a funky little car. And the turning circle is under 9 metres.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Yes, please share some pics.
19.gif

Congrats on the new rides.
Originally Posted By: bigjl

HA! Wife went to test drive a Smart once. She walked out of the dealer with an MB C-class instead.
smile.gif

With the huge SUVs and trucks around here, driving around in a Smart would not be very smart, but they do have their uses elsewhere.

Yeah, post some pictures. What options did you get with it? In the US, we don't have an S350, either the S550 or S450. Diesels have kinda died here since the VW incident. It's too bad I don't have an EPC-net account anymore, would be interesting to see what kind of options it had by punching in the VIN. There's a bunch of decoder sites out there, but I noticed that many of them don't have an updated database.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Congrats on the new rides.

HA! Wife went to test drive a Smart once. She walked out of the dealer with an MB C-class instead.
smile.gif

With the huge SUVs and trucks around here, driving around in a Smart would not be very smart, but they do have their uses elsewhere.

They would certainly be on the small side for the US market.

It will be used 90% of the time around urban areas, probably won't go faster than 40mph for most of its life!

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Yeah, post some pictures. What options did you get with it? In the US, we don't have an S350, either the S550 or S450. Diesels have kinda died here since the VW incident. It's too bad I don't have an EPC-net account anymore, would be interesting to see what kind of options it had by punching in the VIN. There's a bunch of decoder sites out there, but I noticed that many of them don't have an updated database.

Its an SE Line Executive.

Not many options really.

It has the park assist function so can steer in and out of a parking space.

And the rear Exec Pack and comfort heated and ventilated electric rear with four zone climate control.

Only normal Cruise Control not adaptive.

On the journey home i stuck to motorways (highways in US) and it returned 54mpg (UK Gallons)

Today in mixed conditions and 2 hours driving through heavy London traffic it returned 42mpg.

Sadly it is too early a 2016 model to have the better 9speed Auto and only has the 7 speed.

Its dark here, shall put up some pictures tomorrow.

Oh no, what happened?
smile.gif

Different time zones.

Been flat out today, out at 06:30 and not back home till gone 20:00.

Covered over 300miles. Mission for Friday is pictures!

Different time zones.

Been flat out today, out at 06:30 and not back home till gone 20:00.

Covered over 300miles. Mission for Friday is pictures!

Thanks

I wish it was just for personal use

But I have restarted my Chauffeur work part time, always like having my eggs in more than one basket

A quick picture of the Smart For Four.

Its a For Four NightSky Prime Sport Premium 0.9 Turbo Automatic.

Thankfully they don't try and badge it up with the full name.

Sorry its so dirty. We run a Care Company amd the car is on the road every day.

Have done nearly 800 miles in it now.

Have put 1800 miles on the S Class!

I don't know why i can't upload pictures the correct way.

If any non techno phobe forums members can help i would be grateful.

As i am selecting the pictures from my S8+ and uploading directly from the documents file.

I shall try uploading directly from the camera

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back