AAA batteries?

can anyone share their experience with batteries from aaa? i'm thinking of a case when you call aaa for help, state your vehicle and the aaa service truck arrives loaded with a battery that is specific to your vehicle. thanks.

A friend had a AAA battery installed (I believe made my East Penn). IIRC, it's been around 3 yrs and it's still fine.

Did this once.
It was a good experience. Even though I thought at the time it was a little pricey, the convenience factor was hard to beat.
I think it is a good option if out of town, on the road, or there are other circumstances that make this a more palatable option.
Otherwise, I'd rather pick out my own battery.

still have one in a used honda i bought , 3 years running and so far so good....I think interstate provides their batteries...could be different from year to year or maybe even areas of the country

AAA Battery Prices

Good to hear they are good batteries. I re-upped last week and was cruising around the website and looked up the battery price for my truck. Was not happy at the cost, but if you figure i convenience if you were stuck out of town, it ain't so bad.

From their website:
"After reviewing the quote, which will show the AAA member discount, select Request Battery Service. AAA will dispatch a professional auto tech to your home, place of business or breakdown location to diagnose the issue with your car and install a new battery, at your request, right on site."

Last edited:
I have a AAA battery in my daily driver, it was free. (My membership level comes with free battery replacement as needed, maximum of one per year.) What they do is come out and test the car's charging system, and starter draw, then the parasitic drain with the car turned off. If that's all good there's no charge for a new battery. That was a couple of years ago and it's been fine.

Back