who makes Champion Batteries??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen these before but at a reasonable price at pep boys with my commercial account ,,

they were carrying Bosch and Pro Start last year , and there are none to be found at my local store

was servicing my daughters car and I had my friend run his battery tester on it and its on deaths door , got 5 years out of an interstate

Yep, JCI. There was a good deal at Black Friday, 35% off and a $50 rebate on the AGM.

Maybe I'll get one next year. My AGM JCI battery is over 12 years old at this point.

Originally Posted by Chris142
We stock them at my work. They leak and corrode the terminals sitting on the rack.

Dang! That's not what I want to hear.

I just the factory battery with a Champion H8 in my E350. It was hard to pass up the on-line price and the 48 month warranty. There wasn't a spot of corrosion on the 6 1/2 year old factory install battery. I guess I'll have to watch it close. Perhaps it wasn't that much of a bargain after all.

Originally Posted by BHopkins
Originally Posted by Chris142
We stock them at my work. They leak and corrode the terminals sitting on the rack.

Dang! That's not what I want to hear.

I just the factory battery with a Champion H8 in my E350. It was hard to pass up the on-line price and the 48 month warranty. There wasn't a spot of corrosion on the 6 1/2 year old factory install battery. I guess I'll have to watch it close. Perhaps it wasn't that much of a bargain after all.

Champion makes both AGM and regular batteries. He wasn't specific, but normally it's the AGM batteries that don't corrode the terminals as they don't tend to vent much if any gas on an AGM battery. The terminals on my 12 year old H8 AGM battery in my E350 in the trunk are pristine. I can see regular flooded batteries corroding.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Originally Posted by JustinH
Why not a battery from walmart?

Walmart doesn't carry a group 75DT battery.

Now that I have had more time to think about it, actually the Pep Boys 75DT battery is really a 75/86DT battery, which Walmart doesn't carry. I'd have to convert my GM car to top posts and use the Walmart group 86 battery to use it. I would probably do it like this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back