2003 Chevy OLM

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I have seen the message 'change oil' was when I bought the truck.

I am wondering what is the soonest possible mileage it can or has been noted to trip.

I heard on here it uses complex math to make an exucated guess at the oil's condition instead of some others that were merely mileage counters.

My 2004 allows me to scroll through the DIC, to see an estimate of oil life remaining, as a percentage. This would allow a reasonable estimation of how many miles could be expected, assuming that there aren't any wild swings in driving habits, seasons, towing, etc.

Does a 2003 not have that feature?

Our 2005 doesn't show percentage remaining. It just comes up change engine oil if it goes around 4500 miles. It gets tons of idle time. 174k miles and 7300 engine hours. The oil always stayed pretty clean and is just now using about a quart between changes.

My 2001 has been averaging 2300-2500 miles of almost all city driving in multiple seasons. It has gone as far as 5900 with more highway driving.

Mine doesn't have a percent readout--it just trips the big orange "Change Engine Oil" light.

My 2006 stripper truck does not display the % but the ScanGauge does. So I use the ScanGauge to monitor oil condition and usually change oil when it gets down to about 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back