New Jetta SE TSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody,

I posted yesterday about what I wanted to do with my 2005 Subaru Baja I have owned since new with 90,0000 miles on it. I decided to go look at the left over 2017 Jettas this morning. I purchased the Jetta SE TSI 1.4L Turbo with automatic. Went in there looking to see what they would offer me on my Subaru. I was hoping to get around $4500.00 but they would only offer $3000.00. Saying, front fender had a small dent, hood needs repainted, car is no longer made for many many years and that it is stick shift and people prefer automatics. I decided then to keep the car. I will be picking up my new Jetta on Thursday. Dont know how to post pics though? What kinda oil do people run in these cars/engines?

Thanks, Dale

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Dont know how to post pics though?

In the reply window, click on an icon that has a little UP arrow.

Quote:
What kinda oil do people run in these cars/engines?
You need an oil meeting VW 502.00 spec. Some examples include M1 0w-40, Castrol Edge 0w-40, Pennzoil Euro 0w-40.

You bought a nice car that is a good driver!
KEEP records of the oil and filter receipts you buy. Write down the VIN number of your Jetta and the date and mileage you changed the oil on. Keep the receipts in a cool, dry place as thermal receipts can fade and heat is their enemy.

Walmart sells Pennzoil, Castrol and Mobil 1 in 0w-40 Euro all of which meet VW 502. Make sure you use a VW oil filter or MANN filter, the aftermarket filters have low bypass pressure of 12 PSI, while OEM have a bypass of 36 PSI.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Why is this in electrical section? Oh wait, German car + electric components, now it makes sense lol.
06.gif
09.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Why is this in electrical section? Oh wait, German car + electric components, now it makes sense lol.

Pretty sure OP was asking how to post a picture of his check engine light.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back