Hikari LED For Headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello yall.

Recently got a used lacrosse and I want to upgrade the stock halogens.
Housing already has a projector, albeit ones for halogens though so I don't want to mess with HID's.
Don't really want to retrofit a good projector like an FX-R either.
Unless these LED's aren't that great then I have no choice.
Just get hid projector and good hid kit.
crazy2.gif

Concerns:
I have read several reviews (Detailed on other forums) that they do look nice but once taken to the road they do Not light up as good as halogens.
While others saying they light up considerably more on their vehicle.
I guess it all depends on headlights, probably reflector in every vehicle

I've had OEM Phillips and OEM Osram and they would give me some issues after a few years in other cars.
(OEM HID's that came with vehicles)

Really thinking about these.
Highly rated plus some warranty...
Hikari LED Headlights

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VST99ZT/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1BYQ2LSIWSCD8&colid=1LU9O4E3TDOO3

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, ideas, anything is greatly appreciated.
cheers3.gif

I have heard both ways, good and bad. I put a set of LED lights in the Scion and was very happy but the design with projector was more advanced. Don't know where I stored the before and after pictures but I posted them on the Scion site. The color was a bit more blue but slightly better light output. Price was around $30 via Amazon. I may change out the bulbs on the 99 Ford truck that just got a set of new updated projector headlights with halos but the budget has had a major hit with new Spyder led taillights too. The taillights were a major upgrade with way better visibility. Headlights just got finished last night and need to be adjusted

I have also heard good and bad. My friend has them on his 2003 Lightning with reflector headlights. They look good for sure but they don't aim the beam properly. I have thought about this too, but I am going either do nothing and stick with the halogens or replace the projector and go HID.

I have never seen a retrofit bulb insert, LED or HID, that worked anywehere CLOSE to as well as the original halogen. The only way to perform better is to get a new projector that has optics to work with the new LED or HID light source.

And, it seems like none of the LEDs out there are any less than 6000K. I hate blue headlights.

I was wanting LED headlights for years.....finally pulled the trigger on THESE...... I'm very pleased with them. These have no fan (which is a failure point and noisy too)Had 'em for about eight months, no issues, still happy.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
And, it seems like none of the LEDs out there are any less than 6000K. I hate blue headlights.

Same here. I'm sure in a couple years the Warm ones will be up to the same brightness.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: DBMaster

Same here. I'm sure in a couple years the Warm ones will be up to the same brightness.

OEM LEDs are already available (and most common) in the ~4000K color temp range, which is a bright white without much hint of blue.

Anything over 4500K, like all the aftermarket garbage, looks much dimmer to me even if it claims more lumens. The blue tint above 4000K makes the scene look almost like being underwater. I don't know how people stand them.

Yea looked into it a bit more and it's definitely a no-go. Too many mixed thoughts.
Mainly because the amount of lighting will probably not be as good as the stock halogens.

Just going to begrudgingly put an hid kit.
Car already has projectors with a decent cutoff.
(Not ballsy enough to take retrofit the oem headlights as there +$350 each, in case I screw up)
mad.gif

I have Hikari LEDs in my Navigator. They are a huge step above the factory HID. They don't look blue at all. Don't know where they even get the 6000k rating. Honestly, every 6000k LED I buy is just super white.

4000k LED looks almost as "tan" as a halogen bulb. I use 4000k where I don't want the hyper white of 6000k LED.

Brightness? Blows away my factory LED by a good margin. Halogen doesn't hold a candle.

Just buy them and return them if you don't like them. I seriously doubt that will happen, but it's Amazon. You can't go wrong.

I put HID from The Retrofit Source in my factory halogen projectors on my Durango.
They are seriously 100% better than the stock halogen bulbs. Nice sharp cutoff, I did have to aim them down little from the factory setting.

I put LED bulbs in my Polaris RZR in the stock reflector housing. They are better than the stock Halogens but the light is scattered a bit.

I also tried some LED bulbs in my truck with reflector housings. They were cheap $30 Amazon stuff, and the stock halogens with 165K miles on them were better. Returned them.

Don't buy the cheap stuff when it comes to LED.

I have LED in everything and you wouldn't compare the brightness to halogen under any circumstance. A $30 LED kit is basically going to be turn signal bulbs with a headlight base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back