Carquest Blue 84060 6000 miles

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is a Carquest Blue 84060 filter off my parent's Chrysler 200. It was replaced with the same filter and filled with Mobil Super high mileage 5w-20.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
[]
Here is a Carquest Blue 84060 filter off my parent's Chrysler 200. It was replaced with the same filter and filled with Mobil Super high mileage 5w-20.

Here is a mostly unrelated, random thought...when I read this post my first thought was that Mobil now has a super-high mileage oil (as opposed to a high mileage oil)! Given that many modern cars go well over 200k, I wonder how long it will be before someone (i.e., Pennzoil) markets a super-high mileage oil (?) Stop and go, stop and go HM, and Stop and go SHM.

Originally Posted by RyanY
I wonder how long it will be before someone (i.e., Pennzoil) markets a super-high mileage oil (?) Stop and go, stop and go HM, and Stop and go SHM.

I've had the same thought a couple times, but I doubt it will happen at this point, given the move toward "All-Mileage" oils (see RGT for an example)

I don't really see a practical application for such an oil, it would be nothing but marketing.

What I'm surprised about is OP still being able to find Mobil Super on a store shelf.

Filter looks great. Relabeled PureOne if memory serves me?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by getawheel
Originally Posted by RyanY
I wonder how long it will be before someone (i.e., Pennzoil) markets a super-high mileage oil (?) Stop and go, stop and go HM, and Stop and go SHM.

I've had the same thought a couple times, but I doubt it will happen at this point, given the move toward "All-Mileage" oils (see RGT for an example)

I don't really see a practical application for such an oil, it would be nothing but marketing.

What I'm surprised about is OP still being able to find Mobil Super on a store shelf.

Filter looks great. Relabeled PureOne if memory serves me?

Picked it up at summit racing. Went to pick up some C clamps i ordered and found they had it on the shelf. They price matched the oil at 4 bucks a quart so i ended up getting that over some Pennzoil HM.

Yep. the Filter seems to be a pureone made by Purolator

I've used these,great filters!but...99%@30 microns. Not as great,as 20%@20 microns.six is 99%@21-23. Fram,99@20. Napa gold,bratwurst red,99%@95%. Pureone,99%20um. Those filter way better.wish the craziest blue,would change their media too a pure one efficiency.

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
[]

Here is a mostly unrelated, random thought...when I read this post my first thought was that Mobil now has a super-high mileage oil (as opposed to a high mileage oil)! Given that many modern cars go well over 200k, I wonder how long it will be before someone (i.e., Pennzoil) markets a super-high mileage oil (?) Stop and go, stop and go HM, and Stop and go SHM.
This is a funny comment to see now that Valvoline has MaxLife Plus for cars with 150K+ miles

Back